Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Bearcats put Irish out of their misery
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
Bearcats put Irish out of their misery
Everybody's favorite team pretty much checks out for the season. 93-83, cats. Onto Georgetown. 15-8, 5-5.
02-04-2009 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Bearcats put Irish out of their misery
I think Nelson speaks for everyone...

[Image: Nelson_haha.jpg]
02-04-2009 10:12 PM
BlazerRod Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB! UAB! UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(02-04-2009 09:46 PM)cdumpster11 Wrote:  Everybody's favorite team pretty much checks out for the season. 93-83, cats. Onto Georgetown. 15-8, 5-5.

Georgetown is 14-8 (5-6). I think we can dismissed Notre Dame from bubble talk. And if Georgetown don't get their act together they will disappear as well.
02-04-2009 10:58 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(02-04-2009 10:58 PM)BlazerRod Wrote:  
(02-04-2009 09:46 PM)cdumpster11 Wrote:  Everybody's favorite team pretty much checks out for the season. 93-83, cats. Onto Georgetown. 15-8, 5-5.

Georgetown is 14-8 (5-6). I think we can dismissed Notre Dame from bubble talk. And if Georgetown don't get their act together they will disappear as well.

ND is on life support now. I think the best they can finish in the Big East this year is 8-10. Which means they will need to beat UCLA and then get to the quarters of the BET, or if they don't beat UCLA, they would need to get to the semis of the BET, just to get back on the bubble.

The Hoyas are in much better shape. They should finish 9-9 in the Big East and if that turns out to be true with their SOS, RPI, and with wins over Memphis, UConn, and SU they will get in.

The Friars needed a win over Nova tonight to strengthen their case for a bid, even though they could finish 10-8 in the Big East. Their likely best win left is ND and I'm not sure that will be enough with the SU win to get a bid - enough to be on the bubble, but probably amongst the last first four out.

Cincinnati is the mystery team of the Big East. With a nice OOC win over likely NCAA team UNLV and with wins over the Hoyas and the Irish now, they could get a bid if they add to their resume a win over either the Cards or the Eers at home. The thing that might hold them back is the fact that the Friars beat them twice during the season and Providence is likely to have the better conference record as well.

Cheers,
Neil
02-04-2009 11:17 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Even though WVU lost to Syracuse, it was a good day. The Mountaineers recruited an entire football team, all positions, and Notre Dame lost again...

Congrats Cincinnati 04-cheers
02-04-2009 11:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BlazerRod Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB! UAB! UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Georgetown is definitely in better shape. But I don't care what conference you play in if you're a good team you have no business finishing below .500 in league play. Cincy is the mystery team I agree. They are flying under the radar and in addition to the wins you listed Omni I think the UAB win is going to help them too from an RPI perspective.
02-05-2009 09:37 AM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-05-2009 09:37 AM)BlazerRod Wrote:  Georgetown is definitely in better shape. But I don't care what conference you play in if you're a good team you have no business finishing below .500 in league play. Cincy is the mystery team I agree. They are flying under the radar and in addition to the wins you listed Omni I think the UAB win is going to help them too from an RPI perspective.

Agree on the UAB win, I just forgot to mention it.

I find it interesting that it was reported on ESPN that the Chairman of the NCAAs Selection Committee this year just recently made a statement that a below .500 conference record will not necessarily keep teams from obtaining a bid.

Looks like they are anticipating some ACC, Big Ten, and Big East teams possibly getting in with less than .500 conference records over some teams from other conferences, such as the SEC, with records above .500. 03-wink

Cheers,
Neil
02-05-2009 10:41 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
UC also beat a Mississippi State team that 15-7 and 5-2 in the SEC.
02-05-2009 11:00 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The best part of yesterday was that both Duke and Wake Forest got their butts handed to 'em. Down go the ACC teams so loved by the media... 03-woohoo
02-05-2009 11:14 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Don't forget Cincy's neutral site win over Mississippi St who just spanked UK at RUPP!
02-05-2009 11:39 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I hope the league doesn't end up with only 7 bids, but that could potentially happen. I agree with Omni that Georgetown will likely still make it in. ND is on their death bed and will probably be playing in the NIT.

I like Cincy over Providence in most respects on paper, but how can the committee overlook the Friar sweep if both teams are in contention?
02-05-2009 11:50 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Georgetown still has to play their way in. If they don't turn things around in a hurry (not just the one win), they'll be joining the Irish watching the NCAA tourney. Right now, they seem to have no heart. It was ripped out of 'em by Duke and WVU, and they haven't recovered yet...
02-05-2009 12:10 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-05-2009 11:50 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I hope the league doesn't end up with only 7 bids, but that could potentially happen. I agree with Omni that Georgetown will likely still make it in. ND is on their death bed and will probably be playing in the NIT.

I like Cincy over Providence in most respects on paper, but how can the committee overlook the Friar sweep if both teams are in contention?

It has happened before. The committee has picked teams who have swept other teams simply because that teams' RPI, SOS and quality wins weren't great. Right now, the Big East is looking like an 8 or 9 bid league. As long as the Bearcats get to 19 wins they'll be in. 20 wins make it a lock for the Bearcats.
02-05-2009 06:21 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-05-2009 06:21 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  
(02-05-2009 11:50 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I hope the league doesn't end up with only 7 bids, but that could potentially happen. I agree with Omni that Georgetown will likely still make it in. ND is on their death bed and will probably be playing in the NIT.

It has happened before. The committee has picked teams who have swept other teams simply because that teams' RPI, SOS and quality wins weren't great. Right now, the Big East is looking like an 8 or 9 bid league. As long as the Bearcats get to 19 wins they'll be in. 20 wins make it a lock for the Bearcats.

For example last year when Arizona was taken over Arizona State... very similiar resume's as far as quality wins, ASU swept Arizona, but ASU played a ton of games against sub 250 RPI teams and it absolutely killed them
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 09:34 AM by bearcatmark.)
02-06-2009 09:33 AM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-05-2009 12:10 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Georgetown still has to play their way in. If they don't turn things around in a hurry (not just the one win), they'll be joining the Irish watching the NCAA tourney. Right now, they seem to have no heart. It was ripped out of 'em by Duke and WVU, and they haven't recovered yet...

Its not a matter of a lack of heart. Georgetown is very, very young. The are going to have ups and downs, and the downs are deeper because of their youth.
02-06-2009 10:42 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU is just as young, if not younger (starting 2 freshmen), and we went to Washington and spanked the Hoyas...
02-06-2009 11:41 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(02-05-2009 11:39 AM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Don't forget Cincy's neutral site win over Mississippi St who just spanked UK at RUPP!
You really ought to read all posts in a thread (particularly the one two spots above yours) before you post something duplicate.
02-06-2009 01:43 PM
frogman Offline
1st String

(02-05-2009 11:39 AM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Don't forget Cincy's neutral site win over Mississippi St who just spanked UK at RUPP!

You need to read through the posts in this thread this way you won't post something duplicate.
02-06-2009 04:16 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Deja vu... :stan:
02-06-2009 06:14 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Cats take out Gtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16-8 6-5
02-07-2009 05:25 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.