Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
USF wins another recruiting battle against the State of Florida's 'Big Three'...
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
USF wins another recruiting battle against the State of Florida's 'Big Three'...
Parker LB Barrington picks USF
Recruit recorded over 100 tackles last season for the Braves

The last remaining high-profile area recruit has made his collegiate choice.

Parker linebacker Sam Barrington committed to South Florida at a private party Monday night held at the nightclub Eclipse. He’ll sign his letter-of-intent at a 9 a.m. ceremony on Wednesday. Barrington (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) is a three-star recruit according to the Web site Rivals.com. He chose the Bulls over Illinois and Miami.

“I feel good that my decision has been made,” Barrington said. “It was very tough. I had to do what’s best for me. It’s a relief.”

Barrington wavered over each school and really struggled to reach a final conclusion. He met with Parker coach Jim Scible for close to two hours on Tuesday afternoon for advice. After his announcement, Barrington confessed that he had made his final choice only about 15 minutes before his public announcement.

“It’s been an ordeal,” Scible said. “I’m glad it’s over for him.”

During his senior season, Barrington recorded 109 tackles, while rushing for 1,200 yards and 17 touchdowns.

“I’ll start at linebacker, but playing running back is an option,” Barrington said. “I think I can play early, but I’m more focused on getting better.

“South Florida is an up-and-coming program. On my official visit, I felt great about everything. I fell in love with some of the coaches. I want to major is business administration and I’m just looking forward to the future.”

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2009-..._picks_usf
02-03-2009 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: USF wins another recruiting battle against the State of Florida's 'Big Three'...
Eveyone at UM thought he was coming to them so thats a big one for the Bulls. It also looks like we are getting three star WR Griffin and four star CB Hosley.
This is definetely USF's best class ever
02-03-2009 09:49 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
RE: USF wins another recruiting battle against the State of Florida's 'Big Three'...
wow, usf is really making noise this year.
02-03-2009 10:17 PM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
One of Miami's other recruits, a guy with a verbal to them, is considering dropping his verbal and signing with USF as well. We are definitly a player now.

http://lsu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79747 (dont mind the LSU, thats what google gave me)
The Latest: Cane coach saves Webster defection — 2/3/2009
Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace High School DB Kayvon Webster says, as of yesterday afternoon, he was planning on signing with South Florida. So what has changed that has him now leaning to Miami, and what are the chances he...[details
02-03-2009 10:46 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

USF up to #22 on scout last I checked.
02-03-2009 11:16 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Good new guys. I'm glad to see The BEast cut into the SEC's and ACC's turf... 03-woohoo

If WVU can steal Henry Orelus from FSU, it will be another big feather in The BEast's cap this year...
02-03-2009 11:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Congrats Bulls! Stealing recruits from the other FLA BIG 3 definitely mean USF has arrived.
02-03-2009 11:33 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Scout has WVU #21 and USF #22 and Pitt knocking at the door at 26, with Rutgers not that far behind at #34.

When half your conference is in the Top 35 recruiting classes in the country it bodes well for the future growth of BigEast football. All we need is a 9th team and everything would be great. That or just make sure that Rutgers stops stealing our cupcake games ;^)
02-04-2009 01:03 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
USF is loading up on their best ever recruiting class by far.

Congrats Bulls.
02-04-2009 10:56 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's the best recruiting season for a couple of other BEast teams. WVU and Rutgers have never had better recruiting years.

As usual, most of WVU's recruits lost ground in the position rankings shortly after committing to the Mountaineers. But it helps to maintain WVU's long standing reputation of finding hidden talent...
02-04-2009 11:41 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
USF got Webster from UM after all. He just signed his LOI. Hosley was down to USF and VTech and chose the Hokies.
02-04-2009 12:45 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Bulls steal yet another recruit from Miami.

At the buzzer: Bulls get Webster from Miami
How's this for finishing strong? For the second time in as many days, USF has beaten out Miami for a key defensive recruit, as Miami Pace safety Kayvon Webster, a longtime Hurricanes commitment, has switched and signed with the Bulls, joining two high school teammates.

"All three just signed with South Florida," Pace coach Andre Slaughter said Wednesday.

Webster, rated a three-star recruit by both Scout.com and Rivals.com, joins two previous commitments from Pace, receivers Derrick Hopkins and Sterling Griffin. Webster had been committed to Miami since September, but has switched over to USF, adding to a huge class for the Bulls.

The pickup is especially important for USF since another top defensive back, Delray Beach's Jayron Hosley, opted Wednesday to sign with Virginia Tech instead of the Bulls.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/
02-04-2009 12:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.