Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Had a ticket, Went to DC, Stood in the cold, and didn't get in the gate.
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Had a ticket, Went to DC, Stood in the cold, and didn't get in the gate.
03-banghead Oh, I'd be royally pissed...

No We Can't: Thousands Shut Out From Inauguration
Frustration Mounts After Many With Tickets Wait Hours, Only To Learn They're Not Allowed In

People came from all over the country to see the inauguration in person. For thousands with tickets in hands, they never thought they wouldn't get to experience the chance of a lifetime.

But things didn't go as planned.

Elbow to elbow, anticipating one of the most exciting days of their lives, they came face-to-face with a fence. It was pure shock for those who had tickets to enter through the purple gates, only to find out they'd be held back blocks from Capitol and the National Mall.

"The whole time we thought, 'We're gonna make it, we're gonna make it!' and the gate's closed," one disappointed visitor told CBS 2.

"We're here for this and we can't see anything so it's frustrating," said Tina Painter, a Brooklyn resident who traveled to Washington for the event.

The closed gates came after some spent hours below ground in the 3rd Street tunnel which runs beneath the mall. Spirits and anticipation were high. Many were singing "My Country 'Tis Of Thee" in unison while they waited.

"It was very nice, I mean we all had fun and sang songs, but now we're back and we're not gonna see the inauguration," said Painter.

Throngs came out from the tunnel near 1st and C streets ready to show their ticket, but mass confusions was all they got instead, with no one telling them what to do next.

"We got our tickets, we paid our money, we brought our money to the economy and we couldn't get in," said an angry spectator, holding up his ticket to show where he should be.

No big screens, no piped in audio to hear, no inauguration to witness and enjoy, even though they worked so hard to get a prized ticket to be there.

"All this for nothing. They give us ticket, we're all here to support the new president and then they turn you away," said another upset visitor.

One woman from Ohio told us she had called her congressman and was told there was a security breach at that gate and that's why the entrance had been closed. CBS 2 is still trying to confirm that information.

http://wcbstv.com/politics/barack.obama....13349.html
01-20-2009 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: Had a ticket, Went to DC, Stood in the cold, and didn't get in the gate.
(01-20-2009 09:10 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  03-banghead Oh, I'd be royally pissed...

No We Can't: Thousands Shut Out From Inauguration
Frustration Mounts After Many With Tickets Wait Hours, Only To Learn They're Not Allowed In

Spirits and anticipation were high. Many were singing "My Country 'Tis Of Thee" in unison while they waited.

"It was very nice, I mean we all had fun and sang songs, but now we're back and we're not gonna see the inauguration," said Painter.

Oh freggin no way !!!!!!

Not that stupid "We Are the World Kum Bay Ya CRAP" again ????

We have already had the f'king 60's and HEY, they weren't all that good people ...... REMEMBER ?????????

Anyone in the group pipe up with "Oh Tanenbaum" ???? 03-melodramatic 04-bs :drevil:

This is going to be a long long long 4 years ......
03-weeping 03-puke

01-20-2009 09:57 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Not too shocking considering how many people showed up. It was obviously packed, they can't let people in if it is unsafe.

I certainly would be upset if I wasn't let in, but I would have to understand after seeing the crowds later.
01-20-2009 10:02 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
[Image: nelson_haha.jpg]

That's what you get for wasting your time on the biggest sham of all time....
01-20-2009 10:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Blah: once again, perfect response.
01-21-2009 08:46 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(01-20-2009 10:02 PM)mlb Wrote:  Not too shocking considering how many people showed up. It was obviously packed, they can't let people in if it is unsafe.

I certainly would be upset if I wasn't let in, but I would have to understand after seeing the crowds later.

Piss Poor Planning... or a Total Scam.. If you have a ticket, there should be a space for you.
01-21-2009 08:54 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(01-21-2009 08:54 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(01-20-2009 10:02 PM)mlb Wrote:  Not too shocking considering how many people showed up. It was obviously packed, they can't let people in if it is unsafe.

Piss Poor Planning... or a Total Scam.. If you have a ticket, there should be a space for you.

Any other time this would have been the Man tryin' to keep a brutha down. Guess that excuse has run its course.

I suppose they'll just have to blame Bush.05-stirthepot
01-21-2009 09:10 AM
Tripster Offline

(01-21-2009 09:10 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Any other time this would have been the Man tryin' to keep a brutha down. Guess that excuse has run its course.

I suppose they'll just have to blame Bush.05-stirthepot

Well Yeah !!!!!!!

The ones not let in to the GOD Blazoning, were too busy over at the White House THROWING SHOES at Bush .... so by that standard, Bush is at fault ... (what idiots on a stick)

So much for our Most Envied, Very Revered around the World, and Time Honored Tradition of "Peaceful Transition of Power" ....

A bunch of Mo's and Ho's laid that one down with a swath of diseased shoes ....

I hope there were miles of Broken Glass all over the Street after they made them selves shoeless .... and I would like to be there when they amputate and would love the honor of 'Throwing a Shoe' when the leg is cut off.

TRASH !!!!!!!!! But then these people are simply mimicking their New Fearless Leader.

01-21-2009 10:15 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
You can't blame BU$H or Obama for this. The blame for this lies squarely on those who planned the event and its security. The Presidents, former and current, had nothing to do with it. They're just convenient targets...

By the way, I agree with DrTorch about blah's comment. It was perfect for the occasion...
01-21-2009 10:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(01-21-2009 08:54 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Piss Poor Planning... or a Total Scam.. If you have a ticket, there should be a space for you.

I don't doubt that the planning could have been better. Of course, how many people have experience with planning an event that large?

Any event of that magnitude is going to give out more tickets than they have room for. You can probably count on 25% of people to not show up off the bat. You can probably have another 10% of people not show up the day of the event or show up so late that they can never get through security in time.

At UC football games they have had to tell people to get to the stadium at least 45 minutes before the game in order to make sure they are in their seat by kickoff. You can't show up 5 minutes before the event and expect to be in the stadium at kick off. That is for 35,000 seats... just think what it takes for 1.5-2M people, with security 1000x what it is for a football game in Cincinnati?
01-21-2009 10:54 AM
DrTorch Offline

(01-21-2009 10:54 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(01-21-2009 08:54 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Piss Poor Planning... or a Total Scam.. If you have a ticket, there should be a space for you.

I don't doubt that the planning could have been better. Of course, how many people have experience with planning an event that large?

Haliburton?
01-21-2009 11:24 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
The final numbers came in on the inauguration: 2 million people attended and only 9 missed work.
01-27-2009 10:34 PM
Tripster Offline

(01-27-2009 10:34 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  The final numbers came in on the inauguration: 2 million people attended and only 9 missed work.

Steve you know photographic analysis was done from images taken from above the Streets of Washington and they, based on historical data and the crowd sizes, were able to estimate that only about 800 Thousand were Really There ....

What POTUS does this sound like ??? (hint: Bill Clinton)

I mean the man wasn't POTUS for a day and was already spinning the lie that 2 Million People were in actual attendance - - Not Bought Ticket numbers, but the Obambi camp were touting an acutal "2 Million Idiot Turn Out".

I guess he just needs a little love .... 03-nutkick 04-chairshot

01-27-2009 11:02 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(01-27-2009 11:02 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(01-27-2009 10:34 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  The final numbers came in on the inauguration: 2 million people attended and only 9 missed work.

Steve you know photographic analysis was done from images taken from above the Streets of Washington and they, based on historical data and the crowd sizes, were able to estimate that only about 800 Thousand were Really There ....

I mean the man wasn't POTUS for a day and was already spinning the lie that 2 Million People were in actual attendance - - Not Bought Ticket numbers, but the Obambi camp were touting an acutal "2 Million Idiot Turn Out".

Trip, you missed the humor in what I wrote...."only 9 missed work."
01-27-2009 11:09 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I caught it Steve. 03-lmfao
01-27-2009 11:20 PM
Tripster Offline

(01-27-2009 11:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(01-27-2009 11:02 PM)Tripster Wrote:  

Trip, you missed the humor in what I wrote...."only 9 missed work."

I got it ..... I just wanted and excuse to throw the "Lie Thingy" in there.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

01-27-2009 11:51 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
More bitching more complaining.
01-28-2009 08:06 AM
Tripster Offline

(01-28-2009 08:06 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  More bitching more complaining.

Why heck yeah ....

That is the fun of having Bawacky Obami in Da Howze ....

We get a few years of moaning and groaning like our Lib Counterparts have had.

This is called "Fair and Balanced" bitchin' ....03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

01-28-2009 10:12 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-28-2009 10:12 AM)Tripster Wrote:  
(01-28-2009 08:06 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  More bitching more complaining.

Why heck yeah ....

That is the fun of having Bawacky Obami in Da Howze ....

We get a few years of moaning and groaning like our Lib Counterparts have had.

This is called "Fair and Balanced" bitchin' ....03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I stopped bitching and complaining after Bush went into Iraq. I wasn't going to let that fool get my blood pressure high.
01-28-2009 10:36 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(01-28-2009 10:36 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I stopped bitching and complaining after Bush went into Iraq. I wasn't going to let that fool get my blood pressure high.

That sounds like bitching to me. :muttering:
01-28-2009 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.