Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Recruiting
Bookmark and Share
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
Football Recruiting
The Detroit News just published their top 60 Michigan prep listing, a lot of these kids have been spoken for. Anyone know if English and Co are recruiting any of the available players left in Michigan? Would hope some Michiganders are in his 1st recruiting class. Still don't know the number of kids the staff will bring in but the 3 greyshirts and any transfers already in school will count against the max 25 number.

HAPPY RECRUITING - WISH THE STAFF WELL!
01-18-2009 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Football Recruiting
(01-18-2009 12:31 PM)Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:  The Detroit News just published their top 60 Michigan prep listing, a lot of these kids have been spoken for. Anyone know if English and Co are recruiting any of the available players left in Michigan? Would hope some Michiganders are in his 1st recruiting class. Still don't know the number of kids the staff will bring in but the 3 greyshirts and any transfers already in school will count against the max 25 number.

HAPPY RECRUITING - WISH THE STAFF WELL!

Dennis, do we need ANOTHER recruiting thread?

You started one with much of this information just 3 days ago.

You could have added to your existing thread.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2009 03:01 PM by emu steve.)
01-18-2009 02:59 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
It's only a little over two weeks to signing day and EMU doesn't have any known verbals other than the kids that committed to Genyk, and those may not even matter any more. I'm sure that RE and crew will be getting a few commits very soon but this will likely be a very small class. No surprise considering the timing of the coaching change. The key to this classs will be filling holes. "Quality, not quantity" will hopefully be the theme of the class.
01-19-2009 09:07 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I totally agree with Wooden's analysis. As I've stated previously I wouldn't set the expectations too high for this class and then hopefully be pleasantly surprised. We may see alot of late signings overall this year due to all the coaching changes and pulled verbals. I think we'll see improvement in the 2010 class.

Spring football will be very very interesting this year. I noticed no. 12 Williams the QB isn't listed on the roster anymore. Any news on him?
01-19-2009 09:28 AM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Let's say EMU signs 15 players. I think this should break down to 3 LBs, 3 DBs, 2 DL, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 OL, 2 WR, and 1 punter or kicker.
01-19-2009 10:15 AM
1st String

(01-19-2009 10:15 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Let's say EMU signs 15 players. I think this should break down to 3 LBs, 3 DBs, 2 DL, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 OL, 2 WR, and 1 punter or kicker.

Breakdown sounds good - fefinately nned a couple of stud MLB's.
01-19-2009 10:48 AM
1st String

Orlando McCord Scout.com Headlines:
PSL Product Stays Close to Home
Detroit King defensive end Orlando McCord commits to EMU
-by MichiganVarsity.com Jan 19, 2009
01-19-2009 11:19 AM
Advertisement

1st String

DL Orlando McCord
School: Detroit King.

Class: Senior.

Size: 6-foot-5, 250 pounds.

Highlights: Three-year starter had 45 tackles, 27 assists. Also played OT and is being pursued by Big East and MAC schools. Coach James Reynolds: "He's just a very coachable kid, who has come a long way. Lots of growth these past few years. He's the epitome of the title student-athlete."
01-19-2009 02:49 PM
1st String

Evaluation

McCord is a physical player who is forced to play out of position at times. He is a kid with a thick build, but is not an interior defensive lineman. He needs to play end and could be a solid player on the strong-side. He has a good get-off. He is a tough kid, but can struggle to hold his ground. He is very adequate with his hands and needs to bring them and create more separation and to protect his legs. At times he can take on single and double team blocks, but has a bad habit of turning his back and trying to anchor. When he can get to the shoulder of a blocker he can work laterally. Moves adequately. Plays with a good motor. He is a solid tackler. In pass rush situations he can get into a blocker and get some push up-field. Will flash the ability to use his hands to help him shed. He needs to work on developing some pass rush moves and having a plan of attack as he tends to charge straight ahead. McCord is a solid prospect. Needs to keep developing his game, but in the right position can be a solid defender.
01-19-2009 03:02 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

McCord seems to have excellent speed, neither Rivals nor Scout showed him with any formal offers just schools of interest ones he was considering etc., according to Rivals bench max is 295. Nice size kid with room to grow. Scout.com has him rated at one star and Rivals has no ranking for him although I assume he'll get the usual two star after signing day. ESPN has him rated 197 in the top 200 de with a score of 67 with is very good since the average MAC football recruit comes in at 40-45. As a comparison Devon Davis is ranked 152 in the same system. We need defensive players and McCord will help.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 04:44 PM by huroncowboy.)
01-19-2009 04:41 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

BTW, I am getting these e-mail notifications from Scout whenever someone they have who supposedly has interest in EMU does anything noteworthy.

So whenever anything happens this board will know.
01-19-2009 04:51 PM
EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Nice get. Not very surprising though English was recruiting him when he was still at Louisville.
01-19-2009 05:23 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

http://www.freep.com/article/20090121/SP...n+Michigan

Here are 5 uncommitted from MI. EMU is in on at least 2.
01-21-2009 04:23 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Yes and the two EMU are on have academic question marks. I guess you could take a flyer on both and if they don't qualify you take their scholies and move on next year. Baskins has sub 4.5 speed as does Collins.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2009 05:28 AM by huroncowboy.)
01-21-2009 04:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.