OT: Syracuse due to hit 100" of snow tonight
01-16-2009 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Mister Emu Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisville
RE: OT: Syracuse due to hit 100" of snow tonight
For a second, I thought title read "Syracuse to GET 100" of snow tonight", I was thinking HOLY $&*+ 03-wink

For what it is worth,

As much as I am skeptical of anthropogenic global climate change... the idea IS that it will end up with a cool down, as opposed to a warming...
01-16-2009 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
That's what happens when you live upstate. There's nothing to stop the Canadian wind from coming down across the lake and dumping tons of snow on you. Syracuse is in one of the lake effect belts. The massive amount of snow doesn't surprise me at all. My sister, who lives outside Utica, gets almost exactly the same weather...
01-16-2009 02:00 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Its global warming all over the Northern USA.
01-16-2009 03:58 PM
Marzer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF, Syracuse
bitcruncher, I used to live right outside of Utica in a town called New Hartford. 100 inches this early in the year is pretty remarkable.
01-16-2009 04:19 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It's unusual, but not unheard of. Every so often, a winter like this comes around. Ask anyone who's lived up there for any length of time...
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 04:50 PM by bitcruncher.)
01-16-2009 04:50 PM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
why is it that whenever the subject of snow or cold comes up, people come out of the woodwork to advertise their ignorance

if you honestly think that global warming will make every part of the earth warmer you should learn about the subject you are trying to speak about

the earths climate is so much more complex than simple "globul werming meens it get hot!"

if global warming kicks in hard, even without causing an ice age, many places will become way colder, for example great britain
01-16-2009 05:37 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
I laugh at 100 inches of snow. One year I lived in Syracuse we got 190 inches of snow.
01-16-2009 06:31 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
We've gotten about 2 and a half inches down here in Cincinnati this year. Pretty much shut the town down. It's been brutal, I tell ya. You don't know how easy you have it.

02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 06:47 PM by CD11.)
01-16-2009 06:46 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Well I hate to tell you guys but it is in the 70s down here and 60s at night. The recruits love it. LOL
01-16-2009 06:49 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I remember getting 36" in an 18 hour period. It was a wet, heavy snow too...
01-16-2009 07:00 PM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
it hasn't snowed a combined 100" in the last twenty years here. How the hell do you people live like that.
01-16-2009 07:07 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

In Colorado they move signs up the poles as winter comes on, and move 'em back down the poles in the spring...
01-16-2009 07:13 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

Last january it snowed 12" in one night. that was the first time it had snowed that much since I was a kid. Oh yeah that next afternoon it was almost 70 degrees.
01-16-2009 07:32 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
3 degrees here in Connecticut...gotta love global warming.
01-16-2009 09:20 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

3° in Connecticut is nothing. It's 7° here in east Tennessee...
01-16-2009 10:42 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
0 inches of snow this season in TX. Lived here 5 years and haven't seen one flake. Supposed to be in the mid 70s in the 7 day forecast.

I grew up in Michigan, surrounded by great lakes, we got over 200 inches of snow several years. They get more than upstate NY.
01-16-2009 11:15 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Man I hate the subject of climate change. Pisses me off everytime I read about it. The sad thing is that when it hits 90 degrees for a week period in the summer or in the 60's in the winter people jump on the global warming bandwagon. If you get a cold streak like we are in now or you have a few cold days in the 50's in the summer Al Gore is a moron. Both sides of the fence just love to shove in each others face with the "I told you so antics".

Ok there is no global warming going on and neither is the world getting colder. Its all cyclicle. Before the mini ice age we had the midevil warm period lasting 500 or so years and its climate was even warmer than todays climate and I highly doubt Ceaser was telling people to stop using their chariots because they are contributing to global warming. Its all political propaganda and i'm pretty sure within 5 years we'll hear about how us damn humans are contributing to the next ice age.

Have Al Gore and his idiot scientist paid attention to the number of sunspots the past 2 decades? I don't think they have. Oh by the way the Northern Ice Cap is the same size today as it was in 1979. Global Warming extremist want to call me a liar don't you. Why don't you study these things for yourself.

dueces
01-17-2009 12:37 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(01-16-2009 05:37 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  why is it that whenever the subject of snow or cold comes up, people come out of the woodwork to advertise their ignorance

if you honestly think that global warming will make every part of the earth warmer you should learn about the subject you are trying to speak about

the earths climate is so much more complex than simple "globul werming meens it get hot!"

if global warming kicks in hard, even without causing an ice age, many places will become way colder, for example great britain

That is correct. If the Ice Caps are melting as fast as the Global Warming Scientist are saying we are in big trouble. The cooler fresh water from the ice caps can and will disrupt the salinity in the Atlantic Ocean and shut down the Atlantic Gulf Stream. Which means places like the Northeast US, Greenland, Iceland, and Great Britain will have a much cooler climate which potentially will either put us in another mini ice age or a full blown ice age.

Places like Mexico and Florida will have a much drier climate with the exception of Hurricane season. If we have a mini ice age the Atlantic Ocean waters around the state of Florida will be much hotter than it is today which means even stronger hurricanes and the lack of the Gulf stream to carry it away means from Florida to the Carolina's will constantly be impacted.
01-17-2009 12:45 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

global warming? back in the 60's or 70's scientist were calling it global cooling. pumping a bunch of chemicals into the atmosphere would make a barrier that would reflect sunlight back into space.
01-17-2009 09:14 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.