Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This sucks... about Perez
Bookmark and Share
NIUslumo Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
This sucks... about Perez
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/blogs/huskiewire/

Quote:Wide receiver Marcus Perez is battling plantar fasciitis and is questionable for the bowl game. If he plays, he will be the first Huskie to play in three bowl games.
12-17-2008 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: This sucks... about Perez
NIUslumo Wrote:http://www.daily-chronicle.com/blogs/huskiewire/

Quote:Wide receiver Marcus Perez is battling plantar fasciitis and is questionable for the bowl game. If he plays, he will be the first Huskie to play in three bowl games.

Plantar Fasciitis ... I never heard of this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

"Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the foot caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia that supports the arch or by biomechanical faults that cause abnormal pronation.[1] The pain usually is felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. "

Sounds painful..... Hoping he plays ...been one of my favorites since he threw that TD pass a FR...
12-17-2008 05:34 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

I believe that is the same injury Michael Jordan had in his 2nd year with the Bulls that caused him to miss half the season.

Perez injured himself in the 4th quarter of the Navy game when he tried to make a catch before going out of bounds. It appeared on TV that he came down wrong on his foot and he limped back to the bench.
12-17-2008 05:46 PM
NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
NIU05 Wrote:

"Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the foot caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia that supports the arch or by biomechanical faults that cause abnormal pronation.[1] The pain usually is felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. "

Sounds painful..... Hoping he plays ...been one of my favorites since he threw that TD pass a FR...

it's terrible. it's like a fiberglass cut on the arch of your foot
12-17-2008 05:46 PM
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Plantar Fascitis is bad, bad stuff. Usually lengthy recovery involved.
12-17-2008 06:05 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

niu79 Wrote:I believe that is the same injury Michael Jordan had in his 2nd year with the Bulls that caused him to miss half the season.

Um, that would be a broken foot.
12-17-2008 08:11 PM
Advertisement

NIUHuskies86 Offline
Old by internet standards

He'll be in there, barring some sort of setback.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 09:20 PM by NIUHuskies86.)
12-17-2008 09:20 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
NIU05 Wrote:

Chicago Bulls player Andres Nocioni had this injury two years ago. He missed most of the season with it. It's definitely a long, lingering injury that takes a long time to heal from. Besides, did anyone expect Perez to stay healthy this season? He's been injured every year he's been at NIU.
12-17-2008 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BarsemaBone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU & White Sox
Did Perez play in the SVBC in '04 too?
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 11:13 PM by BarsemaBone.)
12-17-2008 11:13 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
I had this happen to both my feet and took over a year for each one to fully recover. It is very painful and caused me to walk with a limp when I over extended myself. I also had to have some PT to make it go away on one foot. I had to wear a foot splint at night to keep the arch of my foot from relaxing. Thankfully this did not happen to both feet at the same time for me.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 12:06 AM by HuskiemobileMan.)
12-18-2008 12:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chazb2 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Had this problem 5 years ago. Podiatris gave me two cortizone shots in the foot(painful) two weeks apart and recovered fully a week later. This is standard treatment and should not be long term.
12-18-2008 12:56 AM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

BarsemaBone Wrote:Did Perez play in the SVBC in '04 too?
Yeah, and he started because Hurd and Powers were suspended for the first (lol).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=243652653
12-18-2008 01:57 AM
HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies!
THERE IS NO WAY HE PLAYS. QUOTE IT. NOT HAPPENING
12-18-2008 02:44 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Wrote:THERE IS NO WAY HE PLAYS. QUOTE IT. NOT HAPPENING
I'm going to agree with you on this one.
12-18-2008 09:23 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I was treated for two years for pf in order to avoid surgery to loosen the bands which traverse the arch.

All sorts of treatments were available - including whirlpool , foot message , electrical stimulations, shots/injections and exercises at and away from the office. Stretching regularly is a MUST with pf.

Customized foot inserts were manufactured and I wear them daily. Any excess activity or strain to the foot brings back occasional discomfort but NOTHING like what was occuring when I first went for treatment.

Every patient facing pf has different needs. Having very flat feet hindered my recovery. I would hestitate to offer any prognosis for Perez.

I keep and occasionally use a tennis ball in my office benearth my desk to roll my arches back & forth over the ball when seated long periods.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 10:05 AM by cyberdawg.)
12-18-2008 10:01 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
chazb2 Wrote:Had this problem 5 years ago. Podiatris gave me two cortizone shots in the foot(painful) two weeks apart and recovered fully a week later. This is standard treatment and should not be long term.
This is not standard treatment and is rarely used due to possible complications although I could see MP try it in this instance.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/footankl...itis_2.htm

Quote:If the pain does not resolve, an injection of cortisone can decrease the inflammation of plantar fasciitis. However, many physicians do not like to inject cortisone because there are potentially serious problems with cortisone injections in the heel area. The two problems that cause concern are fat pad atrophy and plantar fascial rupture. Both of these problems occur in a very small percentage of patients, but they can cause a worsening of heel pain symptoms.
12-18-2008 10:20 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
For a group of guys that sit around banging on keyboards ....we have a lot of sore feet..... 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 10:40 AM by NIU05.)
12-18-2008 10:39 AM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:Plantar Fascitis is bad, bad stuff. Usually lengthy recovery involved.

It is not that bad, I had it and it was corrected by wearing orthodics in my shoes, no surgery should be required. However, it is painful and any orthodic correction may not have time before the bowl game to to relieve it.
12-18-2008 10:46 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I've had PF for 3 years, in both feet (still have it). Many doctors provide cortisone shots (I would say it's fairly common), but they're usually most effective early on, and many times only provide temporary relief. I had one and it did nothing but I had it after my condition was chronic. A shot (or two) is not that serious but more than that you do have to be careful about fat pad atrophy or possible rupture.

People have very different experiences with PF. Chances are that Perez could play but it would depend on his particular situation. Whether that will make it harder to heal in the long run is another question.
12-18-2008 10:50 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The number or shots within any given time frame is limited - when the doc knows what he is doing. Too many too often can lead to further damage.

One man's pain or condition is not necessarily the same for another with pf.
12-18-2008 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.