Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyler Storm
Bookmark and Share
Woowie
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Tyler Storm
Tyler Storm is not really that good. He is another Billy Lowe. You guys freak out over him because his father posts on this board. Guess what? He is nowhere near as good as his father and the rest of you think he is or else he would be playing and not riding the bench.

I know you are going to say that he is young. However, don't most college freshman with legit talent start in their freshman year in this current college b-ball environment.
12-17-2008 08:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NorthHuskie Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Tyler Storm
You will probably eat those words!!!!
12-17-2008 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Are you serious? A freshman big who shoots from the perimiter, you really think he's just going to come in and light the world on fire? Unbelievable.

The freshmen you are referring to are guys like Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony, not guys that actually will play NCAA basketball for four years. This is the MAC, the best players in this league take time to develop, this isn't Duke or UNC as much as some of us would like it to be. To compete at this level, you recruit guys who will develop over their time here. The kind of guys you want, especially at his size, do not come to the MAC.

Shouldn't you be too busy buying tickets for your big bowl game in Hawaii to waste any time antagonizing NIU fans.
12-17-2008 09:29 AM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
people like you is what is wrong with sports: you want immediate gratification, are entirely too quick to criticize yet have no clue about what it takes to succeed in athletics. take your whining and bitching to talk radio where your ilk usually lurks.

people in the know, KNOW, that Tyler Storm will be a very good MAC player. As a big guard/small forward wing he has had much to digest in a short period and a lot to adjust to: the speed of the game, the power of some of the guys he goes up against, multiple offensive and defensive responsibilities where he is being asked to learn to be able to do much different things than what he had to do in high school.

This is a good shooter (hit two big threes in helping huskies close the gap after being way down in a hostile road environment in ARkansas)....if he were playing more he would be averaging double figures and there is no doubt, before he leaves NIU he will have some big games including some double doubles. This is a rugged player who is a likeable kid, understands the game and it is apparent that he is working hard, and unlike you, not bitching about limited opportunities thus far. His time will come and when it does, Storm has the character and skills to be ready. He is a valuable asset to this Huskie team...a guard his size is a bonus in the MAC.
12-17-2008 09:43 AM
Advertisement

huskie87fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
What are you smoking this morning! Coach Storm has been a model father when he posts. I believe he has been more than fair when discussing his son and the team. I appreciate the insight that he gives about the BB team. You will eat your words probably before the season is over. I think that Coach Patton should start Sean Smith or Tyler at the start of the game. I feel when Bryan Hall is out there with Najul Ervin we are a little offensively challenged and we fall behind early in games due to this. I would prefer Tyler starting and having the more veteran Sean coming off the bench. Tyler's ability to hit from the outside along with the abilities of Jake Anderson and Mike Dinunno will free up Sean Kowal in the middle to dominant. No college player should be called out like this. They all are trying their best. I saw a Zach House thread yesterday. I saw him play and was not impressed. He would have been a project. Tyler is a much better player and give him time to adjust to the college game. You must have not played or know much about basketball to come to the conclusion and start this thread.
12-17-2008 10:12 AM
High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

Some people get it. That is always refreshing to see on message boards where a lot of idiots tend to hang out. Storm is going to be a very good player in the MAC. The type of player who is going to complement Silas, Anderson, Kowal, Nixon and Dinunno or whoever else is on the floor. He will have size and eventually strength to rebound, defend and bang inside. He will have the length and ability to guard adequately on the perimeter. And he's already shown the potential to score from deep and also drive to the rim and finish there. He may never be the team's leading scorer for a season in four years at NIU, but he might be the type who is one of the most valuable to having the success we Huskie fans desire. We need him and more guys like him to build this program. I agree that if he was playing more minutes on a regular basis he'd average double figures and I like how we look when he is out there, but I totally trust the coaching staff to bring him along at the appropriate pace. Hopefully Tyler is patient and fans are patient. The more I think about it, this was really a stupid post by Woowie. Either he is really that stupid about basketball or just trying to start things.
12-17-2008 10:19 AM
HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies!
Woowie Wrote:Tyler Storm is not really that good. He is another Billy Lowe. You guys freak out over him because his father posts on this board. Guess what? He is nowhere near as good as his father and the rest of you think he is or else he would be playing and not riding the bench.

I know you are going to say that he is young. However, don't most college freshman with legit talent start in their freshman year in this current college b-ball environment.

I'm not telling you not to express your opinion, but going out of your way to call out a player when their father posts on the board might be going a little too far.
12-17-2008 10:38 AM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
He's calling him out solely b/c his father posts on the board. There are plenty of other guys he would pick out ahead of Tyler Storm if you wanted to question their play or development. Real basketball fans know Storm will be just fine.
Woowie just wants to cause problems and draw attention to himself. I'm sure he fits in very well at Notre Dame.
12-17-2008 11:15 AM
niufan99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Woowie Wrote:Tyler Storm is not really that good. He is another Billy Lowe. You guys freak out over him because his father posts on this board. Guess what? He is nowhere near as good as his father and the rest of you think he is or else he would be playing and not riding the bench.

where are the rocks guys like this keep crawling out from under?
12-17-2008 11:38 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

Ignore this guy. He's on his third user name of the day and just trying to create a stir.
12-17-2008 12:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Tyler Storm has the skills and potential to be a quality MAC player someday. He's only a freshman. These things take time.
12-17-2008 12:29 PM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:
why are people responding to wowie
12-17-2008 12:42 PM
TheNEWguy Offline
Banned

gcd Wrote:why are people responding to wowie

Why does wowie keep giving NIJ positive ratings? If anyone is benefiting from this crazy person it's NIJ...

Athough I think I'd rather not have a male fan who is that into me...I'm just saying...it's not for me.
12-17-2008 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.