Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My view from the seats tonight at crisler
Bookmark and Share
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
My view from the seats tonight at crisler
Team played hard. Ramsey is to be commended for that. UM was on fire from three 16-33, but EMU did well on the inside.

Bowdry is EMU's best players by far. Dobbins is a good talent too. For some reason however, this team isn't clicking. They have talent. I watched EMU hang in there athletically the whole game except when matched vs Harris who is a future NBAer.

Honestly, this team shouldn't be losing games by 31 at this point. I know the kids try, but this program seems to be lacking something.
12-13-2008 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: My view from the seats tonight at crisler
Where you the ones with flag? I was in section 51 with mine.
12-13-2008 10:12 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Yeah there is something definitely lacking not sure what is but this team's record should be better with the athletes they have. Something isn't firing on all cylinders.
12-14-2008 08:53 AM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
When faced with adversity, team doesn't seem to make many adjustments. The game just snowballs on them.
12-14-2008 09:08 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

My two cents...

This team plays hard, rebounds well, and plays good defense (unless the opponent is shooting the lights out from beyond the arc). The problems are on offense. The team really seems to lack good ball movement. Too many players are trying to create their own shot without looking for an open teammate. Plays break down to soon and the team ends up improvising. The result: 60-65 points and a bunch of turnovers.
12-14-2008 09:20 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
I think the problem is Carlos Medlock's foot.

Carlos is the missing piece on this team.

Is L.J. really a PG?
12-14-2008 02:31 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

emu steve Wrote:I think the problem is Carlos Medlock's foot.

Carlos is the missing piece on this team.

Is L.J. really a PG?

While I agree that is an problem, it is up to the coach's to make the best out of what you have. They haven't done that. Frazier was a fairly well regarded HS player so I don't understand why he has struggled so. He was/is slated to be metlock's replacement once Carlos graduates.
12-14-2008 02:45 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Dennis or Cowboy can confirm but didn't L.J. come as walk-on?

I believe Barnes is the heir apparent.

I'll defer to Dennis on these questions. He knows EMU hoops like the back of his hand. (hoops is getting for me to be an interlude between football and MLB).
12-14-2008 03:16 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

emu steve Wrote:Dennis or Cowboy can confirm but didn't L.J. come as walk-on?

I believe Barnes is the heir apparent.

I'll defer to Dennis on these questions. He knows EMU hoops like the back of his hand. (hoops is getting for me to be an interlude between football and MLB).

LJ was a well regarded player coming out of ypsilanti high school.
According to Prepspotlight he was the 24th best player in Michigan in 2007.

http://www.prepspotlight.com/michigan-2007

http://www.emueagles.com/roster.asp?play...98&sport=2
12-14-2008 04:10 PM
Advertisement

Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
L.J. was a walk on last season and redshirted. He is on scholarship now and was highly regarded in HS at Ypsilanti HS, had some decent stats in HS.

I,m no sure he is the total problem but in games I've seen, it doesn't looke like we are getting a lot of penetration from our guards.

Frazier's backup early on was Green from Robichaud but he doesn't even get off the bench now. Jones from the fB team is Frazier's backup and could challenge Frazier for thew job.

In regards to Barnes, he is basically a 2 guard and appears to have had a good summer - good shooter. Yet, he hardly plays at all, even in blowouts.

Guard situation needs to be rectified fast.

P.S. No guard recruits have been signed for next year but there is one available scholarship to give since Stewart renegged on his committment.
12-14-2008 04:33 PM
TheClyde Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU Eagles!!!
With the playing time LJ will be getting this year I think it will set him up to be a strong PG for us in the future.
12-14-2008 04:38 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

The solution may be on the football team Sanders. Wonder how he would do at PG?

Don't read too much into Frazier walking on, if the kid had wanted a Div I scholie other than EMU I'm sure he would have gotten one.
12-14-2008 06:06 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

My bad about having Barnes at PG.

My ? should have been:

Is L.J. a SG in a PG's body?
12-14-2008 06:34 PM
Advertisement

EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
I really don't think LJ is the problem. I've seen a few games now this year and while he doesn't look spectacular i think he is often trying to make the correct play. Same for Tyler Jones last night when he was playing the point. I thought he looked ok. I just think the offense as a whole looks out of sync. After losing your starting pg and best player 1 month ago that would be expected.

We have had a lot of problems finishing around the net. Dobbins and Farris both missed quite a few shots within 5 feet.

I loved how Farris and Manny Harris were jawing at each other the whole game. that was great to see. Farris had a few nice drives to the basket, he just couldn't finish.

Bowdry is great but he still has some work to do on his game.
12-15-2008 05:50 AM
EagleAttack Offline
Special Teams

Against UM I noticed that in the 1st half, when passing and ball movement were the priority, we got a glimpse of what this team can be. Manny wasn't going off yet, but Grady was and we were still keeping up. The offense looked very good, and they were executing it the way they should.

In the second half (and late in the 1st half) it looked to me like scoring became the priority instead of ball movement. I think we started to believe we could take it to them individually. It started with the guards forcing drives, and went down hill from there.

This team needs to play with patience on the offensive end. If they can develop the discipline to do this for entire games, I think they could still have a good season in the MAC.
12-15-2008 07:58 AM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

EagleAttack Wrote:Against UM I noticed that in the 1st half, when passing and ball movement were the priority, we got a glimpse of what this team can be. Manny wasn't going off yet, but Grady was and we were still keeping up. The offense looked very good, and they were executing it the way they should.

In the second half (and late in the 1st half) it looked to me like scoring became the priority instead of ball movement. I think we started to believe we could take it to them individually. It started with the guards forcing drives, and went down hill from there.

This team needs to play with patience on the offensive end. If they can develop the discipline to do this for entire games, I think they could still have a good season in the MAC.

I agree completely. I was with 5 friends at the game and we all (including a UofM fan and a fan of neither team) thought this was the case.

I was also very impressed with Zane. On offense he always plays within himself. I think he'll have a good senior season.
12-15-2008 08:09 AM
fanasonic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Quote"-
Dennis Rachwal "When faced with adversity, team doesn't seem to make many adjustments. The game just snowballs on them
Wolverineeagle "While I agree that is an problem, it is up to the coach's to make the best out of what you have. They haven't done that."
"Wolverineeagle -"For some reason however, this team isn't clicking".

We all heard what Ramsey is capable of doing to a fan anybody wonder what he does to the team when they dont play well!
12-15-2008 10:23 AM
Advertisement

EMUAARON Offline
1st String

fanasonic Wrote:We all heard what Ramsey is capable of doing to a fan anybody wonder what he does to the team when they dont play well!

hahahahhahaha that was funny.

I liked Ramsey's substitutions on saturday. He was leaving the well-performing (well performing is a relative term) players and lineups in there longer than normal.
12-15-2008 03:53 PM
fanasonic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Good idea leaving players in the game longer than a minute think its called basketball 101 good things can happen Duh!!
12-15-2008 04:38 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

BTW, if there ever is a 'case study' what a coach can do look at Gary Waters' resume. Probably one of the best coaches in college who can turn around team after team (but Gary why go to Rutgers? You are a midwest guy).

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/clst...-part4.pdf

Like who would have thought that Cleveland State would turn around and low and behold beat nationally ranked Syracuse tonight (in Gary's 3rd season).

It was a sad, sad day when Gary left EMU for Kent in '96.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 11:30 PM by emu steve.)
12-15-2008 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.