Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Are you going to the NIU vs SIU basketball game?
Yes
No
I only like football
[Show Results]

NIU vs SIU
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
NIU vs SIU
NIU vs SIU......Who is going to this game?
11-19-2008 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

High On NIU Hoops Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: NIU vs SIU
Unless Mother Nature doesn't allow me to, I have already made plans to clear my schedule for this game and a few others. Do I think SIU will beat us? Yes and I was afraid the poll was about that.... I don't think we can hang with SIU of the MVC like we did with Ind State of the MVC. They are two different levels. But, hopefully I'm wrong and it will be a great game. In any case of final score, YES I WILL BE THERE TO SUPPORT OUR HUSKIES!!!
11-19-2008 09:51 AM
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
Yes, SIU should beat NIU. But that doesn't take away the excitement I have for this program. NIU basketball hasn't been in this state of promise in 15 years. I just hope Ricardo Patton sticks around for 2 years and we are poised to win the MAC next season.

Is it foregone conclusion that Gates should be / will be Patton's successor?? I think I'm okay with that assuming of course he is class individual and can be good x's and o's coach.
11-19-2008 09:56 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
4 sho
11-19-2008 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:Yes, SIU should beat NIU. But that doesn't take away the excitement I have for this program. NIU basketball hasn't been in this state of promise in 15 years. I just hope Ricardo Patton sticks around for 2 years and we are poised to win the MAC next season.

Is it foregone conclusion that Gates should be / will be Patton's successor?? I think I'm okay with that assuming of course he is class individual and can be good x's and o's coach.

Well said on all accounts. Ditto!!
SIU might thump us. I could get over it based on the future. If not and it is a great game or if we somehow win, then that is even better!!
11-19-2008 10:30 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

What are the chances this game sells out? I'm hoping to go, but would probably just want to buy a ticket (since I'm more than likely heading out there by myself) at the game.
11-19-2008 12:29 PM
Advertisement

nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies
its my bday that day! 02-13-banana so i may just be a lil under the influence when i show up haha
11-19-2008 12:47 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Big Red Wrote:What are the chances this game sells out? I'm hoping to go, but would probably just want to buy a ticket (since I'm more than likely heading out there by myself) at the game.

Ive heard Flames and salukiinohio saying that as many as 3-4k SIU fans could be in attendance which I find really hard to believe. I'll believe it when I see it, but if thats true, I definitely welcome it. It is bodies inside of the Convocation Center. My guess for attendance is 4,800 with 3,000 NIU fans and 1,800 SIU.
11-19-2008 12:53 PM
1st String

Just make sure it isn't 3000 SIU and 1800 NIU fans! If they were to bring 3000, we need to have at least that many ourselves. Pass the word!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-19-2008 01:00 PM
TerryR1984 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I am going. I have season tickets for both men and women but I only go to weekend games. I will make an exception in this case.
11-19-2008 01:10 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
Big Red Wrote:What are the chances this game sells out? I'm hoping to go, but would probably just want to buy a ticket (since I'm more than likely heading out there by myself) at the game.

Ive heard Flames and salukiinohio saying that as many as 3-4k SIU fans could be in attendance which I find really hard to believe. I'll believe it when I see it, but if thats true, I definitely welcome it. It is bodies inside of the Convocation Center. My guess for attendance is 4,800 with 3,000 NIU fans and 1,800 SIU.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure how that translates. How much does the arena hold? Should I get tix in advance?
11-19-2008 01:23 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I think you will be able to get tickets at the door. However, how good those tickets will be in the arena are another question if these numbers are correct. You could get them in advance and be done with it! I think I might do that as well.
11-19-2008 01:34 PM
1st String

http://www.chicagohoops.com
Thursday Television Tangle: 2006 Mr. Basketball Jon Scheyer And Duke To Battle Bryan Mullins, 2008 Mr. Basketball Kevin Dillard And Southern Illinois On ESPN2

Southern Illinois will take on Duke in a Thursday night battle on ESPN2 in a game that will match 2006 Illinois Mr. Basketball Jon Scheyer (Duke), against Bryan Mullins (Southern Illinois) and 2008 Illinois Mr. Basketball Kevin Dillard (Southern Illinois).

Duke enters the contest with a record of 3-0 while Southern Illinois comes in with a mark of 2-0. The game is a semifinal match-up in the 2K Sports Classic, and will be played at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Scheyer, who played his high school ball at Glenbrook North, comes into the game averaging 14.3 points, 3.7 assists and 1.7 steals per contest. Mullins, who played his high school ball at Downers Grove South, comes in averaging 11.5 points, 10.5 assists and 4.0 steals per contest. Dillard, who played his high school basketball at Homewood-Flossmoor, averages 11.5 points, 7.5 assists and 2.5 steals per contest.

The game is set to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. central standard time on Thursday night
11-19-2008 01:38 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

High On NIU Hoops Wrote:I think you will be able to get tickets at the door. However, how good those tickets will be in the arena are another question if these numbers are correct. You could get them in advance and be done with it! I think I might do that as well.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same. Might as well not risk it.
11-19-2008 01:47 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
If this game were on a weekend it would sell out. I would guess 5-6K will attend. Maybe more Saluki fans than Huskie fans.
11-19-2008 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:If this game were on a weekend it would sell out. I would guess 5-6K will attend. Maybe more Saluki fans than Huskie fans.

Yes and that is disappointing this one could not be a weekend game. Im not sure if it would sell out though with the students gone, but 6k+ would be a lock.
11-19-2008 02:09 PM
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
The students would only account for 300 people at most. I foresee approx 6,000 fans with 4,000 of them cheering on the Salukis.
11-19-2008 02:17 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

NIUtrav09 Wrote:The students would only account for 300 people at most. I foresee approx 6,000 fans with 4,000 of them cheering on the Salukis.

Wow 4,000 SIU fans, I'll really take my hat off to SIU fans if they show up in these kind of numbers. I dont care who comes in though even if it were 7,000 SIU fans to 1,000 NIU fans. I think once people start to see what kind of an atmosphere/noise level can be generated at this place, it will cause some excitement for future attendance. I think the acoustics of the Convo Center will really create a great environment once the place starts filling up.
11-19-2008 02:21 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
NIUtrav09 Wrote:The students would only account for 300 people at most. I foresee approx 6,000 fans with 4,000 of them cheering on the Salukis.

Wow 4,000 SIU fans, I'll really take my hat off to SIU fans if they show up in these kind of numbers. I dont care who comes in though even if it were 7,000 SIU fans to 1,000 NIU fans. I think once people start to see what kind of an atmosphere/noise level can be generated at this place, it will cause some excitement for future attendance. I think the acoustics of the Convo Center will really create a great environment once the place starts filling up.

No doubt about the acoustics. I went to the AA Super-Sectional. The place was 90% full and VERY loud.
11-19-2008 02:26 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Unlike NIU, basketball is THE THING at SIU and a lot of alums live in the Chicagoland area and rarely get to see their team play in person. They will be aware their team is playing at NIU and will make the trip out to DeKalb.

My guess:
3,000 SIU fans
2,500 NIU fans
11-19-2008 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.