Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Troy is absolutely destroying #20 LSU
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Troy is absolutely destroying #20 LSU
Or, should I say, defending national champs LSU. AT LSU! 31-3 Troy late in the 3rd qtr.
11-15-2008 10:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Troy is absolutely destroying #20 LSU
Another overrated SEC team showing its true color.
11-15-2008 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
SEC is a lot worse than people want you to think this year. Besides Florida no other team(alabama included) really jumps at you.
11-15-2008 10:33 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I think Bama's just fine too... They certainly kicked UGa's tail.

But, definitely agree... no one else.
11-15-2008 10:36 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Auburn almost beat Georgia today. The game came down to the last second. Auburn was flushed down the toilet by SEC fans after they got crushed by WVU. It won't surprise me if they somehow pull an upset in the IRON bowl.

FLA is a good team. Alabama is a good team. Other than those two, other SEC teams are full of parity like every other conference.
11-15-2008 10:37 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I agree. I think Alabama is a solid team, but they're not the best team in the country. The best teams in the country are mostly in the Big 12 (Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech), and Florida is good. USC as well from out of the Pac-10. But the SEC isn't heads and shoulders above everyone. Either way, Troy winning helps UC and Pittsburgh in the rankings. There have been a number of teams ahead of us who have lost or who are in danger of losing(North Carolina, LSU, Florida State,
11-15-2008 10:37 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
Jose_Jalapeno_on_a_Stick Wrote:I think Bama's just fine too... They certainly kicked UGa's tail.

But, definitely agree... no one else.

I dunno. Sure they are 10-0 and that is hard to do no matter who you play. But all their signature wins(LSU,Clemson,and Georgia) have turned out to be very overrated teams. They are good but not # 1 good.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2008 10:39 PM by UltimateCFBfan.)
11-15-2008 10:38 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

It's getting shaky now. 31-17 Troy with 14 minutes left, but Troy just returned a punt to LSU's 49 yard line!
11-15-2008 10:47 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

31-24 Troy. Troy needs to find a way to get some points on the board because they're still in control of the game. They're still leading.
11-15-2008 11:02 PM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Final:

LSU 40
TROY 31
11-15-2008 11:58 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

LSU being the #19 ranked team playing home should never let Troy score that many points in the first place.
11-15-2008 11:59 PM
EvilVodka1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FSUfan/LSUalum
SF Husky Wrote:LSU being the #19 ranked team playing home should never let Troy score that many points in the first place.

lol
right...

if you're an LSU player, what do you have to get motivated about? A repeat of a National Championship ended a few weeks ago, the road to Atlanta ended last week, and this extremely talented team has lost on the arm of its QB in all of the big SEC match-ups....so LSU fans/players should feel thrilled about playing Troy, much less finishing the season against Ole Miss and Arkansas? we're likely headed to the Chicken Bowl (formerly Peach)

...but I suppose for UConn and Cincinnati fans, any bowl game is exciting...UConn's only bowl win is the Motor city Bowl, lol

*** UConn's Bowl History ***

Cincinnati is just trying to finish in the top 25 for the second time in the history of Bearcat football...

*** Cincinnati in the polls ***
11-16-2008 09:16 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
LSU wins. The is the weakest that I've seen the SEC look in years in terms of overall conference strenght. That being said, they still have the 3rd highest conference ranking ahead of the Big 10, Big East and Pac 10 and have 3 teams ranked in the top 12 of the sagarin rankings (including #3 and #5). That shows you how dominant they are year in and year out.
11-16-2008 10:19 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
SF Husky Wrote:It won't surprise me if they somehow pull an upset in the IRON bowl.

Auburn has beaten Bama six straight times. That's Auburn's longest winning streak in the history of the series. More importantly, the game is in Tuscaloosa.

Am I willing to be my house on Bama? No, because this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. However, I will be absolutely shocked if Auburn wins. Bama will have to turn the ball over 4 times to lose this game.
11-16-2008 10:23 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
If Tommy Tuberville is going to save his job for another season, he'd better beat Alabama. His players know this too. Tommy's been riding the razor's edge for years down there. I wouldn't have his job for all the money in the world...

I think 'bama will win the game. Auburn's been too inconsistent on offense, and their defense isn't quite up to their usual standards. It's pretty good, but it's not a typical Auburn defense. I think maybe they need a year to adjust to Paul Rhodes. Alabama is strong offensively as well as defensely. I don't think Auburn can cut the mustard this year, unless they come up with their game of the year. I don't think they have it in 'em...
11-16-2008 12:07 PM
EvilVodka1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FSUfan/LSUalum
bitcruncher Wrote:If Tommy Tuberville is going to save his job for another season, he'd better beat Alabama. His players know this too. Tommy's been riding the razor's edge for years down there. I wouldn't have his job for all the money in the world...

I think 'bama will win the game. Auburn's been too inconsistent on offense, and their defense isn't quite up to their usual standards. It's pretty good, but it's not a typical Auburn defense. I think maybe they need a year to adjust to Paul Rhodes. Alabama is strong offensively as well as defensely. I don't think Auburn can cut the mustard this year, unless they come up with their game of the year. I don't think they have it in 'em...

IMO, all the pressure is on Alabama, not Auburn...

Auburn has got nothing to lose...they've had a crappy season, and a win over Bama would salvage some of their season. Tuberville can throw the book at Saban, they can pin their ears back and let loose

Saban, on the other hand, has to try and keep his team motivated to play Auburn, while at the same time trying to keep his players minds off of Florida the very next week

Alabama is a solid team, but they're not a great team....when I watched LSU play Bama, I felt we dominated large parts of that game, and only really lost because of horrible interceptions

I think Auburn pulls the upset

I also think Florida is in trouble at Tallahassee, even though the Gators have an incredible team
11-16-2008 01:35 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
You'll find that Alabama won't have any trouble getting up for an Auburn team that has beaten them for the last 6 years running. Winning this game is more important to Alabama and Auburn fans than winning the SEC. Bet on it...
11-16-2008 04:50 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.