Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Tranghese and Marinatto Interviews on Mike Francesa (WFAN)
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
Tranghese and Marinatto Interviews on Mike Francesa (WFAN)
http://www.wfan.com/pages/744503.php

The interviews are about 10 minutes each.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2008 08:59 AM by SoCalPanther.)
11-13-2008 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
RE: Tranghese and Marinatto Interviews on Mike Francesa (WFAN)
Marinatto discussed camaraderie and being "comfortable where we are in the BCS" 03-puke

God help us, it is status quo.03-banghead 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2008 10:36 AM by Shannon Panther.)
11-13-2008 10:36 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Shannon Panther Wrote:Marinatto discussed camaraderie and being "comfortable where we are in the BCS" 03-puke

God help us, it is status quo.03-banghead 03-banghead

If the BE continues status quo then so be it. Both interviews state the Presidents , AD's, and schools are very happy at this time. Both interviews state that you have to hire quality coaches and win on the field. It was stated the same for BB as well as FB. Calhoun had the same effect in a BE down time in BB as Rich Rod had in a BE FB down time.

As I stated on another thread now is not the time that BE problems will be discussed. Changes are not going to announced during the FB and BB seasons. Change cannot take place until after July 1st anyway when the new conmmish takes over and puts his stamp on this league and change is not going to be a rapid thing. At the very least the split card has been extended behind closed doors because of the MONEY. There are contracts in place that apparently bring more cash to the coffers as a unified BE than then they would bring as a Split BE. It appears that the BE will continue in its current state until the BCS is in jeopardy again and at least until the end of the current TV contracts. This will give the new commish time to work on better bowl bids ( the BE needs better attendance there besides WV, L'Ville, and Rutgers), and the FB scheduling problem that the FB coaches perceive to be there. If the FB scheduling problem cannot be addressed through scheduling alliances then you will see a return to a FB only to fix this problem unless the conference as a whole is willing to expand cautiously with one all sports team for a 16 game single round robin BB season and a 4 home / 4 away conference Fb season. If the BB schools reject this and the cash can't justify adding two schools, one on each side for balance, then the FB only appears to be the only way to go without splitting.

As for the FB schools they can increase their posture in the BCS by increasing their stadiums to increase their income to buy games and meet the salary demands they need to meet to keep their coaches. If they don't they will always have the perceived opinion of looking like mid majors. Basically the BE schools need to get to at least 60k stadiums for the most part and fill them every week. Pitt, USF, and WV are already there and Rutgers and L'ville are attempting to get there with expansion to 56K first and further expansion projects further down the road when those seats are sold out on a regular basis. Winning records with quality OOC wins, larger stadiums that are packed, traveling to bowls in mass like the ND's, Ohio St's, and Nebraska's, will go a long way in obtaining better bowl bids and fatter prime time TV contracts. Cuse can only go to 50k in the Dome but they need to pack it with ravenous fans like they did before the GRoB era (winning will help) and Cinn needs to expand as far as they can even if it is only 45K and pack the stadium every home game. Then this conference has stadium capacities equivalent to the ACC and most of the PAC -10, B-10, B-12, and SEC schools except for the top two or three teams in those conferences that have 80k or larger stadiums.

If the new commish solidifies enough QUALITY BOWL BIDS down through the 6 & 6 bowl eligible teams, maintains the BCS bid, and takes care of the 4H / 4A scheduling problem then the BE is secure as is for years to come. One way to take care of the FB problem is to get Memphis in for FB only with the Liberty Bowl if they can't get them in for all sports right away. Would they leave an all sports conference where they dominate in their BB strength to do this with 4 or 5 BE BB against along the the way. I don't know if they would and I don't blame them if they wouldn't which leaves only ECU which would sell its soul for BE inclusion and Temple who could move back in seamlessly as their sports are all ready in the A-10 as before when the were the step child of the BE for FB only and blocked by Nova and the BB from further inclusion like Rutgers, WV, and VT eventually received. I for one believe you are about to see a conservative BE repeat history by continuing with the HYBRID that brought it's success on in the past and that you will continue to see change addressed conservatively, and only addressed conservatively, when a crisis situation throws this conference into a turmoil again, if it ever happens again like Trained Goose being "blind sided by the ACC in 2003".

04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2008 10:02 AM by panite.)
11-16-2008 09:55 AM
templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Marinatto looks like Tranghese brother
11-16-2008 10:34 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (quote attributed to Einstein)

Equilibrium = death (Closed system principle)

Maybe our new commish needs to remember these two important principles.

If the powers that be in the Big East want to keep these mess intact, two from among these schools (St. Johns, Seton Hall, Providence, Notre Dame, Depaul) need to be booted out and two all-sports members need to be added. The possibilities could Memphis, Central Florida, Temple, East Carolina, Buffalo heck I don't care. To me any new all-conference member would be an upgrade over the basketball-only schools listed above.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2008 10:57 AM by WacoBearcat.)
11-16-2008 10:51 AM
Advertisement

templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
FB is neccessary evil for the BE, use FB to keep BB conf together.
11-16-2008 11:08 AM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
WacoBearcat Wrote:Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (quote attributed to Einstein)

If the powers that be in the Big East want to keep these mess intact, two from among these schools (St. Johns, Seton Hall, Providence, Notre Dame, Depaul) need to be booted out and two all-sports members need to be added. The possibilities could Memphis, Central Florida, Temple, East Carolina, Buffalo heck I don't care. To me any new all-conference member would be an upgrade over the basketball-only schools listed above.

Heck, I'd settle for one of them (DePaul or Seton Hall) and adding Memphis. At least our Bowl situation and bb will immediately improve.

Cheers,
Neil
11-16-2008 11:18 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
WacoBearcat Wrote:Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (quote attributed to Einstein)

Nobodys holding a gun to the FB schools heads. If they want out, then go.Nobody is going to be kicked out of the conference. If a hybrid doesnt work then why would you get rid of only 2 BB schools to add 2 all sports? If the current setup is so bad, then all bb should go. Then the FB schools could from their own conference with schools like buffalo,ecu cfl amd temple.05-stirthepot
11-16-2008 11:24 AM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The smart thing to do is have the football school' pick a team and the hoop school's pick a team to go to 18...if there is ever a complete split, each side will need 9 teams anyway, so might as well bring them into the fold now...yet the greed of adding 2 more mouths is ko'ing this option...than again, i don't really think the be would lose that many $'s if those 2 teams are memphis + st louis, good markets, nice hoops, brings the liberty bowl, solves the schedule problem, etc,etc,etc...i think they are worth the two extra mouths to fix some problems + the new markets will bring in some more revenue.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2008 11:56 AM by bluesox.)
11-16-2008 11:51 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.