Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I am the only person on this board who believe McCain and Obama are good people?
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I am the only person on this board who believe McCain and Obama are good people?
Why do we demonize people on the other side. Both sides do it, but I don't understand it. I think any reasonable person knows McCain for what he is. A moderate with a proven track record of working with the other side. Barack is not a muslim terrorist. He's patriotic and loves his country. I, for one, can't wait for next Tuesday to get this over with.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2008 10:21 AM by Machiavelli.)
10-31-2008 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
RE: I am the only person on this board who believe McCain and Obama are good people?
Machiavelli Wrote:Why do we demonize people on the other side. Both sides do it, but I don't understand it. I think any reasonable person knows McCain for what he is. A moderate with a proven track record of working with the other side. Barack is not a muslim terrorist. He's patriotic and loves his country. I, for one, can't wait for next Tuesday to get this over with.

+1

I'm getting sick of all the BS. 03-puke
10-31-2008 10:26 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: I am the only person on this board who believe McCain and Obama are good people?
Machiavelli Wrote:Why do we demonize people on the other side. Both sides do it, but I don't understand it. I think any reasonable person knows McCain for what he is. A moderate with a proven track record of working with the other side. Barack is not a muslim terrorist. He's patriotic and loves his country. I, for one, can't wait for next Tuesday to get this over with.

+1
10-31-2008 10:40 AM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
cb4029 Wrote:

+1

I'm getting sick of all the BS. 03-puke

Ditto. I am sick of the fear, hate, and Us vs Them crap. McCain said it best, they are both good people with differences of opinion.
10-31-2008 10:55 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
No, I believe they are both good people. Neither is either competent or qualified to be president, but they're good people.

Some factoids to summarize our choices (and why this year's election is a Libertarian's nightmare):
  • Biden - coined the term "drug warrior", critical to notion of drug-related property seizure
  • Palin - if not a Dominionist, then pretty radical religious right
  • McCain - Nationalist above all else
  • Obama - Admitted Communist (shared his toys) - almost certainly more leftist than most people are willing to believe
  • Barr - Attempted to prohibit Wiccans from belonging to the US Military
10-31-2008 11:17 AM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
OBama sat in a racist church for 20 years, has friends and associates that are very radical. One is only as good as the company they keep. Obama panders to folks like Louis Farrakahn, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers and Khalide. He had his troops dig up dirty on Joe the plummer a citizens who asked a valid question about Obama's tax policy. The fact that Obama attacked Joe the plummer in his stump speach relected just how low he is willing to go.
10-31-2008 12:00 PM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Great thread. I do believe that both candidates are good people and I think the endless attacks on Obama by McCain's camp is only hurting McCain and could cost him the election in the end. People are tired of hearing these attacks.
10-31-2008 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Great thread. I do believe that both candidates are good people and I think the endless attacks on Obama by McCain's camp is only hurting McCain and could cost him the election in the end. People are tired of hearing these attacks.

I think this is a major misconception. The front-runner risks more by going to personal attacks than he would likely gain, and the underdog doesn't really have much choice. There's nothing different about this election in that regard, and it is typical demagoguery of the front runner to defend with "look who's taking the low road".
10-31-2008 01:34 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I45owl Wrote:No, I believe they are both good people. Neither is either competent or qualified to be president, but they're good people.

Some factoids to summarize our choices (and why this year's election is a Libertarian's nightmare):
  • Biden - coined the term "drug warrior", critical to notion of drug-related property seizure
  • Obama - Admitted Communist (shared his toys) - almost certainly more leftist than most people are willing to believe

I agree with you that both people are probably decent at heart. In fact, I'd probably enjoy having a beer more with Obama than McCain. My only problem with that scenario is that he'd probably take my beer and give everyone around me a sip and leave me with only the back wash.

BTW, you left out cynthia mckinney.....can't say I blame you.
10-31-2008 09:51 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Both of these gentlemen think nothing of putting peaceful people in a cold cage for victimless nonviolent crimes. Instead..They both prefer to treat us like little children that cant live our lives free without their silly ass little dictates...."We know whats best for you..Citizen!"

Both of these gentlemen support a continued worldwide military interventionist policy and have no stated plan on ending the madness of this policy. Both are short sighted warmongering nationalists.

Neither of these gentlemen have shown ANY leadership in addressing the bloated federal government and its parasitic blood sucking of the American citizen. I guess they both think its fine that many of us have almost 1/2 of our wages stolen from us as long as THEY get to say what it is wasted on. 05-nono

Both of these fine gentlemen have lots of great ideas(none new) to approach issues that Americans have such as energy and the environment....Yet neither have a damn clue as to how in the HELL they plan on funding their little boondoggles and programs....Again they both are scared $hitless to tackle the damn ungodly waste of the federal government for fear of having to take LEADERSHIP!!!!..Both are scared little boys afraid someone might not pick them for the team.03-confused

Do I think these are good people...HELL NO!!
They both are just control freak gang members. Both have no problem using "the gun in the room" to FORCE their dictates upon you by stealing your wages and using them to further their lust for CONTROL of YOUR life.05-mafia

Just a couple more useless politicians..doing what politicians do best....rewarding their friends and punishing their enemies.

I'm not fooled by these clowns one damn bit.05-nono
10-31-2008 10:58 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I45owl Wrote:No, I believe they are both good people. Neither is either competent or qualified to be president, but they're good people.

+1
10-31-2008 11:09 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Fo Shizzle Wrote:Both of these gentlemen think nothing of putting peaceful people in a cold cage for victimless nonviolent crimes. Instead..They both prefer to treat us like little children that cant live our lives free without their silly ass little dictates...."We know whats best for you..Citizen!"

Both of these gentlemen support a continued worldwide military interventionist policy and have no stated plan on ending the madness of this policy. Both are short sighted warmongering nationalists.

Neither of these gentlemen have shown ANY leadership in addressing the bloated federal government and its parasitic blood sucking of the American citizen. I guess they both think its fine that many of us have almost 1/2 of our wages stolen from us as long as THEY get to say what it is wasted on. 05-nono

Both of these fine gentlemen have lots of great ideas(none new) to approach issues that Americans have such as energy and the environment....Yet neither have a damn clue as to how in the HELL they plan on funding their little boondoggles and programs....Again they both are scared $hitless to tackle the damn ungodly waste of the federal government for fear of having to take LEADERSHIP!!!!..Both are scared little boys afraid someone might not pick them for the team.03-confused

Do I think these are good people...HELL NO!!
They both are just control freak gang members. Both have no problem using "the gun in the room" to FORCE their dictates upon you by stealing your wages and using them to further their lust for CONTROL of YOUR life.05-mafia

Just a couple more useless politicians..doing what politicians do best....rewarding their friends and punishing their enemies.

I'm not fooled by these clowns one damn bit.05-nono

+1
10-31-2008 11:10 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

I think they both suck. I agree that both believe in their agendas. However, neither is someone I would feel comfortable sitting down and having a beer with. I would much rather spend time with someone like Mike Huckabee, Ron Paul or even Bill Clinton.
10-31-2008 11:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Huckabee could be the future of the Republican party. The guy comes off really well.
11-01-2008 08:40 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Machiavelli Wrote:Huckabee could be the future of the Republican party. The guy comes off really well.

:lmfao:He should get Palin to be his running mate...A biblical literalists wet dream.
11-01-2008 08:49 AM
cb4029 Offline

Donators
Fo Shizzle Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:Huckabee could be the future of the Republican party. The guy comes off really well.

:lmfao:He should get Palin to be his running mate...A biblical literalists wet dream.

The ticket straight from hell. 05-stirthepot
11-01-2008 09:22 AM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline

Donators
smn1256 Wrote:

I agree with you that both people are probably decent at heart. In fact, I'd probably enjoy having a beer more with Obama than McCain. My only problem with that scenario is that he'd probably take my beer and give everyone around me a sip and leave me with only the back wash.

I thought you would say, he would try and convert you into a terrorist. 05-stirthepot
11-01-2008 09:23 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
cb4029 Wrote:
smn1256 Wrote:

I thought you would say, he would try and convert you into a terrorist. 05-stirthepot

Nah, he wouldn't do that - terrorists don't pay taxes.
11-01-2008 09:57 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Obama doesn't have the United States' best interest at heart. He has the UN's best interest at heart.

....and anyone that thinks Palin is religious right doesn't have a clue. She's NEVER governed from the religious right.
11-01-2008 10:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Rebel Wrote:....and anyone that thinks Palin is religious right doesn't have a clue. She's NEVER governed from the religious right.

No, but the McCain campaign mishandled her to the point that the story got traction. It's gong to be hard for her to overcome in the future.

Of course, if you read some of the "kiss and tell" stores that have been making the rounds, that may have been exactly the result that some of the McCain operatives wanted to achieve.

I really do believe that the McCain staff has mishandled this whole campaign to the extent that provokes worries about whether they can manage the country capably if elected. Neither that--nor my dislike for W--drives me to believe that there's any way Obama could be a good thing. Very, very discouraging.

Oh well, I've done fine with bad governments in the past. I should just consider myself fortunate in that I rely on myself instead of relying on my government to make me happy.
11-02-2008 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.