10-13-2008 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Memphis, Louisville to extend FB series
Well, they will be in the same conference anyway. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2008 03:33 PM by firmbizzle.)
10-13-2008 03:33 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Awesome news...it was a fun game to watch. Now how about a few more home and homes with some other BE teams.
10-13-2008 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
TexanMark Wrote:Awesome news...it was a fun game to watch. Now how about a few more home and homes with some other BE teams.

We've got a bunch (both current and in the future) in basketball with Big East schools, but we probably won't see many more in football. We're dropping Mississippi after 2009, but we're adding Mississippi State in 2010 and we've got about 8 games left with Tennessee over the next 20 years.

I've heard that we're talking to West Virginia and Vanderbilt in football. We'll always have one or two easier (certainly not saying they are an automatic win) games like Arkansas State and a 1-AA opponent.
10-13-2008 03:40 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Memphis would be a good game to schedule for BEast football teams. They are close by...
10-13-2008 03:40 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis
Still no basketball, so this does nothing for me.

God, RC is as spineless as Pitino.
The one bright spot was they seemed to have scrapped the insane notion of a neutral site game.

We'll give them an easy win in football, and they'll keep ducking us in hoops.

Cincy deserves a football series for keeping the hoops rivalry going, but
this crap benefits UL a hell of a lot more than us. We need strong OOC
teams in basketball just as bad as the BE needs help with football scheduling.

Seriously, why would the BE invite us when they can just play us OOC?

RC is whoring us out like we were ECU.
10-13-2008 03:50 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Dang Bambu, tell us how you really feel? Why is a neutral game sight such a bad idea? Don't you think this football series is a good start to building a stronger relationship with UofL and the BEast?

I love the fact that this rivalry game will be on the schedule for the foreseeable future. Hopefully is we get good competition and great fan support this will translate to the basketball series being renewed.

I am very glad to be plaiying the Tigers again.
10-13-2008 03:57 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
army56mike Wrote:I love the fact that this rivalry game will be on the schedule for the foreseeable future. Hopefully is we get good competition and great fan support this will translate to the basketball series being renewed.

UL is a VERY LUCKY to have such a great AD as it looks like Memphis will jump at the chance to add 4 more games against them in the future.

It was sooooooooooooooo weird reading this paragraph in the article...and wondering why some other AD's do not have the same thought process"

``We haven't signed it,'' Johnson said. ``And until we sign it, it's not a done deal, but it makes sense. Just look at Friday night, the game, the enthusiasm of the crowd. I talked to (former Louisville coach) John L. Smith before the game, and he said it's one of the best (rivalries). And Tom said his fans loved it, and we know that ESPN loves it.''

Imagine that...schedule games vs near-by opponents that the fans seem to enjoy, show up in huge numbers, and a game showcased to the nation.
10-13-2008 04:09 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

army56mike Wrote:Dang Bambu, tell us how you really feel? Why is a neutral game sight such a bad idea? Don't you think this football series is a good start to building a stronger relationship with UofL and the BEast?

I love the fact that this rivalry game will be on the schedule for the foreseeable future. Hopefully is we get good competition and great fan support this will translate to the basketball series being renewed.

If all things were equal, I'd have no problem with football only.

I think the neutral site/Nashville idea was bad because you're giving away entirely too much money.
The game obviously sells a lot of tickets and I just feel our schools should keep that. ( though Memphis surely needs it a lot more.)

Pitino controls your basketball program as surely as Cal controls ours.
Calipari wants the game and Pitino doesn't. Memphis is enjoying some
of the greatest teams and winning streaks in our history. I'd think most
proud Card fans would want some of that.

We all know it's a rivalry, but why ignore the elephant in the room?
10-13-2008 04:21 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Bambu the basketball games will happen soon enough. Keep the faith brother. 04-cheers
10-13-2008 04:23 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

Wilkie01 Wrote:Bambu the basketball games will happen soon enough. Keep the faith brother. 04-cheers

I'm trying brother, honestly. 03-drunk
10-13-2008 04:26 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
KnightLight Wrote:
army56mike Wrote:I love the fact that this rivalry game will be on the schedule for the foreseeable future. Hopefully is we get good competition and great fan support this will translate to the basketball series being renewed.

UL is a VERY LUCKY to have such a great AD as it looks like Memphis will jump at the chance to add 4 more games against them in the future.

It was sooooooooooooooo weird reading this paragraph in the article...and wondering why some other AD's do not have the same thought process"

``We haven't signed it,'' Johnson said. ``And until we sign it, it's not a done deal, but it makes sense. Just look at Friday night, the game, the enthusiasm of the crowd. I talked to (former Louisville coach) John L. Smith before the game, and he said it's one of the best (rivalries). And Tom said his fans loved it, and we know that ESPN loves it.''

Imagine that...schedule games vs near-by opponents that the fans seem to enjoy, show up in huge numbers, and a game showcased to the nation.

The quote is from the Memphis AD.
10-13-2008 04:32 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
KnightLight Wrote:

well unlike some other wannabe rivals, memphis actually beat louisville in something.
10-13-2008 04:37 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
KnightLight Wrote:

Isn't that what UCF and USF are doing with their games against Miami-FL and Florida International?
10-13-2008 04:38 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Or WVU with ECU and Marshall?
10-13-2008 05:15 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
3601 Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:

Makes sense to me. If it puts fans in the stands why not schedule more games. Same with the ECU-VT games. It only makes sense to schedule games that the fans want to see, will show up for, and get good ratings. I look forward to more Memphis-Louisville games.
10-13-2008 05:35 PM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

3601 Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:

I know...which is why I highlighted "TOM" (RC rephrased TJ's comment).

Again...without Jurich signing a home-home football series with a non-BCS team...this series probably doesn't happen...which was my main point.
10-14-2008 07:33 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

USFMike Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:

well unlike some other wannabe rivals, memphis actually beat louisville in something.

Yeah...Michigan and Ohio State can't be rivals...afterall...it took 16 games before OSU ever beat Michigan.

PS. Unlike your REAL rivalry to your standards...you still had 23,000 EMPTY SEATS...so guess not many folks really care about your game...while USF and UCF have played to sold-out crowds the last 2 years.

But then again...their not really rivals...right?
10-14-2008 07:36 AM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
Good for Louisville & Memphis! That was a fun game to watch & the energy in the stands was clearly evident.
10-14-2008 07:48 AM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
KnightLight Wrote:
USFMike Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:

Yeah...Michigan and Ohio State can't be rivals...afterall...it took 16 games before OSU ever beat Michigan.

PS. Unlike your REAL rivalry to your standards...you still had 23,000 EMPTY SEATS...so guess not many folks really care about your game...while USF and UCF have played to sold-out crowds the last 2 years.

But then again...their not really rivals...right?

you sir, are an idiot with no sense of history. I guess that is what happens when you school has only been playing football for a decade or so.
10-14-2008 08:42 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.