Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Attention Pirates
Bookmark and Share
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Attention Pirates
After the West Virginia game I wrote on this forum that people here were getting carried away "to quickly" with these two early wins and that we should wait before we put ECU in a BCS bowl. I was attacked by all of the purple people who come here. I was accused of hateing ECU and talking trash. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Well.....my caution proved correct.

I will accept your apologies at this time.
10-11-2008 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Attention Pirates
TopCoog Wrote:After the West Virginia game I wrote on this forum that people here were getting carried away "to quickly" with these two early wins and that we should wait before we put ECU in a BCS bowl. I was attacked by all of the purple people who come here. I was accused of hateing ECU and talking trash. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Well.....my caution proved correct.

:moon2:
10-11-2008 02:56 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
PirateMarv Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:After the West Virginia game I wrote on this forum that people here were getting carried away "to quickly" with these two early wins and that we should wait before we put ECU in a BCS bowl. I was attacked by all of the purple people who come here. I was accused of hateing ECU and talking trash. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Well.....my caution proved correct.

:moon2:

You guys showed your butt all right.
10-11-2008 03:11 PM
ECpirate Offline
1st String

Kiss my ass Top coog your a tool.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2008 03:23 PM by ECpirate.)
10-11-2008 03:22 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Whatever. I don't think any reasonable pirate fan was really talking about running the table. I think you have us confused with simply posting national media articles talking that possiblity up. At least we actually gave them a reason to entertain the idea. Tulsa can win out on their pathetic OOC schedule & will likely not even get a sniff unfortunately because outside of ECU no one in this conference has helped draw in any more respect for CUSA winning any good OOC games to give any of their conf wins any meaning & help them make of for that weak OOC.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2008 03:29 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-11-2008 03:28 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
StillJonesing Wrote:Whatever. I don't think any reasonable pirate fan was really talking about running the table. I think you have us confused with simply posting national media articles talking that possiblity up. At least we actually gave them a reason to entertain the idea. Tulsa can win out on their pathetic OOC schedule & will likely not even get a sniff unfortunately because outside of ECU no one in this conference has helped draw in any more respect for CUSA winning any good OOC games to give any of their conf wins any meaning & help them make of for that weak OOC.

Oh please, beating VT and WestVa is no big deal. We would all be more impressed if you guys could somehow manage to win the league. CUSA is doing fine, we hardly need ECU to save us.
10-11-2008 03:32 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

TopCoog Wrote:
StillJonesing Wrote:Whatever. I don't think any reasonable pirate fan was really talking about running the table. I think you have us confused with simply posting national media articles talking that possiblity up. At least we actually gave them a reason to entertain the idea. Tulsa can win out on their pathetic OOC schedule & will likely not even get a sniff unfortunately because outside of ECU no one in this conference has helped draw in any more respect for CUSA winning any good OOC games to give any of their conf wins any meaning & help them make of for that weak OOC.

Oh please, beating VT and WestVa is no big deal. We would all be more impressed if you guys could somehow manage to win the league. CUSA is doing fine, we hardly need ECU to save us.

Topfool,

Earlier this year your team lost to a team that did not even have 1 yard passing. So how are you talking 01-rivals
10-11-2008 03:40 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

TopCoog Wrote:Oh please, beating VT and WestVa is no big deal. We would all be more impressed if you guys could somehow manage to win the league. CUSA is doing fine, we hardly need ECU to save us.

No big deal. 03-lmfao Right. That's why it propelled us to the top 15 & got us more national attention than the last 3 CUSA champs combined times 10. Maybe one day you'll beat programs like that. Hell you hadn't even played a ranked team in 5 years until you played us much less beat one. We could use some help with the heavy lifting earning this conference respect. Not conf champs that lose to UL-La no one gives a crap about.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2008 03:44 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-11-2008 03:41 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
you were not really a ranked team Jonesing, we exposed that truth. This league already has respect, are you on crack?
10-11-2008 03:43 PM
Alister Fiend Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
The ONLY team in this league that should be ranked isn't ranked......TULSA.
10-11-2008 03:48 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

No we were ranked for 3 weeks, & deservedly so at the time. That's 3 more weeks than you have spent in the top 25 in a couple decades & even that was a different era & only because you were cheating. I'm not going to apologize for making a big splash. That's the only reason anyone in this conference is EVEN saying anything to us because we did big things early & got all kinds of national attention for it. We haven't embarrassed ourself or this conference like losing to a 3-5 SEC team in a bowl or .500 Sun Belt team like you did in your "great" CUSA championship run. Yep everyone respects CUSA & their champs. 03-lmfao sure. CUSA has already been pathetic OOC the last few years, but you take out what we have done OOC the last few years & this league is the butt of jokes nationally even more so.

Alister Fiend Wrote:The ONLY team in this league that should be ranked isn't ranked......TULSA.

Who have they beat to deserve it?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2008 04:03 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-11-2008 04:00 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Quote:Who have they beat to deserve it?

Who has ECU?
10-11-2008 04:05 PM
cmullinsTU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa

No doubt Tulsa has a weak schedule, we didn't have a choice but to schedule Central Arkansas once Army backed out of their return game with about 3 or 4 months before the season began. Tulsa is also DESTROYING everyone they play and we are playing consistently. So to say they haven't helped draw respect to CUSA is a complete joke.

I am not here to talk smack about ECU, I still think they will do quite a bit in conference, but please don't claim you are the only team helping CUSA. I think ECU has a chance to be a consistent top football team in CUSA. However, the average football fan looks at stats and scores, when they see the top teams in a conference with losing records it looks bad. Regardless of who CUSA schedules OOC we AS A CONFERENCE have to continue winning our OOC games.
10-11-2008 04:21 PM
ecudave198 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
TopCoog I am making a list of things houston and ECU and have done for the conferance this year. Lets see who has done more

ECU
Ranked 14th
Beat two Top 25 teams
Ton of national media

Houston
Andre ware announced a game on ESPN2 the other day
10-11-2008 04:56 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
ECpirate Wrote:Kiss my ass Top coog your a tool.

Uh, that should read, "you're a tool."
10-11-2008 05:47 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
I simply don't get it. Why do some people who claim to be a fan of a CUSA school feel it necessary to demean other CUSA programs? Do they not realize they are argueing that their team is actually weaker than imagined because they play in a weak league and their victories are less than valued.
10-11-2008 05:51 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
ecudave198 Wrote:TopCoog I am making a list of things houston and ECU and have done for the conferance this year. Lets see who has done more

ECU
Ranked 14th
Beat two Top 25 teams
Ton of national media

Houston

we have done just a bit more than that. We pulled ecu's pants down and bent them over a table. You left that one out.
10-11-2008 06:57 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
StillJonesing Wrote:No we were ranked for 3 weeks, & deservedly so at the time. That's 3 more weeks than you have spent in the top 25 in a couple decades & even that was a different era & only because you were cheating. I'm not going to apologize for making a big splash. That's the only reason anyone in this conference is EVEN saying anything to us because we did big things early & got all kinds of national attention for it. We haven't embarrassed ourself or this conference like losing to a 3-5 SEC team in a bowl or .500 Sun Belt team like you did in your "great" CUSA championship run. Yep everyone respects CUSA & their champs. 03-lmfao sure. CUSA has already been pathetic OOC the last few years, but you take out what we have done OOC the last few years & this league is the butt of jokes nationally even more so.

Alister Fiend Wrote:The ONLY team in this league that should be ranked isn't ranked......TULSA.

Who have they beat to deserve it?

The only thing pathetic is a program that is incapable of winning the league.
10-11-2008 06:59 PM
ecudave198 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
wow you know you have made it as a program when ECU is your big win...
10-11-2008 07:00 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

TopCoog Wrote:
ecudave198 Wrote:TopCoog I am making a list of things houston and ECU and have done for the conferance this year. Lets see who has done more

ECU
Ranked 14th
Beat two Top 25 teams
Ton of national media

Houston

we have done just a bit more than that. We pulled ecu's pants down and bent them over a table. You left that one out.

And he also left out the stellar pass defense that you guys played against the Air Force Academy. Run defense? Not so much.
10-11-2008 07:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.