10-02-2008 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: Wannstedt seemed to have leavitt
You noticed how Leavitt was cussing out the team before halftime on the sideline.
10-02-2008 10:37 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
USF had a poorly coached game, no question. Why didn't we put a spy on the RB more often? Why aren't we giving the ball to Mike Ford 20 times a game (at the least!)? Why are we getting penalty after penalty in high-pressure situations? It all goes back to coaching.

Pitt, meanwhile, played sound football. They had few costly penalties and performed when their back was against the wall. They played the better game and deserved to win.
10-02-2008 10:44 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Pitt didn't play sound football offensively. Their defense played great, but if it hadn't been for all the Bulls mistakes on defense at critical times, extending a couple of Pitt scoring drives, the game would have turned out differently.

It was more the Bulls beating themselves, while handing Pitt numerous gifts. Pitt didn't give much, except for that blocked punt in the first quarter. But the Bulls handed Pitt every score they got, even the long pass. If the DB had been anywhere near where he was supposed to be, that pass would have been intercepted. It was that underthrown. The DB wasn't within 10 yards of the receiver when he slowed to catch it, and zip into the end zone. But defensive breakdowns happen, and the pass was well enough executed to get the job done, under the circumstances.

Any win is a good win. E for effort doesn't count for much... 04-cheers

Now watch Wanny fall on his face next week. He's in the polls again... 03-banghead
10-03-2008 08:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
USF did NOT play a god game offensively nor defensively. We had too many banged up guys and it showed as the game went along. Pitt can run the ball and if you cant stop them then you will have trouble beating them. We also have troubles covering the deep ball.
Offensively USF never got on rhythm. This team while talented is NOT good enough to turn it on and off and win. We didnt take advantage of having the ball inside 5o yd line twice in a row and paid for it. The Pitt defense had a lot to do with it but our offense never seemed to have a solution for the blitzing
10-03-2008 08:40 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Just out of curiousity, how many holes you got in your foot, Cuban?... 05-stirthepot
10-03-2008 08:44 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
bit
It was frustrating to watch that game. USF just did not looked hyped to play the game and that part pissed me off more than anythingelse.
10-03-2008 09:09 AM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
bitcruncher Wrote:Now watch Wanny fall on his face next week. He's in the polls again... 03-banghead

We're safe next week. Even Wanny won't lose to the bye. Navy the week after... Pitt better be ready to play. They beat us last year and have already beaten Rutgers and Wake Forest.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2008 10:44 AM by Shannon Panther.)
10-03-2008 10:42 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Shannon Panther Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:Now watch Wanny fall on his face next week. He's in the polls again... 03-banghead
We're safe next week. Even Wanny won't lose to the bye. Navy the week after... Pitt better be ready to play. They beat us last year and have already beaten Rutgers and Wake Forest.
But you forget, those are the games Pitt loses under Wannstedt... 03-banghead
10-03-2008 05:00 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Cubanbull Wrote:bit
It was frustrating to watch that game. USF just did not looked hyped to play the game and that part pissed me off more than anythingelse.
I'm sure. Just like the ECU and Colorado games were frustrating to me.

But you have to remember, these are just kids. As with all things involving kids, it's sometimes a hit or miss affair. It's another interesting season in The BEast...
10-03-2008 05:04 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Oh i know, Its just frustrating, but almost as frustrating is to hear all those so called "fans" calling for the coaches heads and attacking players. These are the same folks that were praising them a few days ago.
10-03-2008 06:05 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

That's America for you - everybody's your friend, until you really need 'em...
10-03-2008 06:20 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.