Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This game marks the beginning of the end for Genyk
Bookmark and Share
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
This game marks the beginning of the end for Genyk
34-7 in the third. What an embarrassment. Genyk has to go. Simple as that.
09-13-2008 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: This game marks the beginning of the end for Genyk
Lot of TOUGH games coming up for Eastern. I just don't see a lot of 'gimmies'.

Maryland came alive today.

BSU is a very good team; ditto CMU; ditto BGSU. Temple is a very solid 1 -2 team. I think Akron is underrated, etc.

Army is on the road.

I can see say 4 wins but is it enough?????

6 - 6 would make Genyk a candidate for MAC coach of the year.
09-13-2008 02:37 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
a pathetic loss totally absolutely pathetic. From the coaching on down.
09-13-2008 02:57 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

emu steve Wrote:Lot of TOUGH games coming up for Eastern. I just don't see a lot of 'gimmies'.

Maryland came alive today.

BSU is a very good team; ditto CMU; ditto BGSU. Temple is a very solid 1 -2 team. I think Akron is underrated, etc.

Army is on the road.

I can see say 4 wins but is it enough?????

6 - 6 would make Genyk a candidate for MAC coach of the year.
Oh! Please!
09-13-2008 02:59 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Can't disagree, most of the first quarter defense was like it was taking a nap, 3 plays 72 yards TD, team was lackluster in performance. The offense went no where most of the game, special teams hurt, defense was like butter the third quarter.

Gragg should start looking for a replacement now. Five years of this is enough. Need a coach that demands the team come to play.
09-13-2008 03:02 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
What I'm saying guys and have been saying since there was snow on the ground in Michigan is that the MAC is much stronger this year.

Other then ISU and perhaps Army the rest of the games are tough.

A 6 - 6 record would be a real achievement.

I think the key game for Genyk will be the NIU game two weeks hence.

That is close to a 'must win' game for Genyk.

I assume he must win 5 games to keep his job.
09-13-2008 03:28 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Toledo is a BAD team! I was talking to some of the Toledo fans before the game and they said they had a terrible running back and that the running game sucked, our defense or the lack there of made them look very good. There was at least 6 times they had long runs plays that the defensive tackling was just TERRIBLE, missed tackles, weak tackles or just letting the RB run right by! AND what was that field gaol about? We are down by 14, inside the 10, 4th down and we kick a field goal or how about that play calling before halftime 30 seconds left 1 yard to go and no time out called then at the 3 second mark time out! Who did he learn his management from Boone?!
09-13-2008 04:26 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

emu steve Wrote:What I'm saying guys and have been saying since there was snow on the ground in Michigan is that the MAC is much stronger this year.

Other then ISU and perhaps Army the rest of the games are tough.

A 6 - 6 record would be a real achievement.

I think the key game for Genyk will be the NIU game two weeks hence.

That is close to a 'must win' game for Genyk.

I assume he must win 5 games to keep his job.

5! they way they played today I don't see them winning another game!04-chairshot
09-13-2008 04:28 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The defense gave up 175 yard rushing to a 2nd string 2nd rate running back! 03-banghead
09-13-2008 04:39 PM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
what's with the qb and rb situation? apparently he has given up on schmitt! both schmitt and blevins looked lethargic. I agree that the whole team didn't come to play.

Holzclaw isn't helping his pro chances much, had only 3 tackles today, a total of 20 for the year. The whole defense needs to get the tackling dummies out! Whatever happened to #91 - Hunt? Is he being double teamed? I don't think he's made a tackle all season.

No defensive pressure and toledo ran a lot of mis direction today that we never caught on to.

SAD SAD SAD
09-13-2008 04:43 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Schmitt was hurt in practice Thursday. Wasn't expected to start.

No excuses though...this was a bad, bad performance.
09-13-2008 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
emussuperfan Wrote:Toledo is a BAD team! I was talking to some of the Toledo fans before the game and they said they had a terrible running back and that the running game sucked, our defense or the lack there of made them look very good. There was at least 6 times they had long runs plays that the defensive tackling was just TERRIBLE, missed tackles, weak tackles or just letting the RB run right by! AND what was that field gaol about? We are down by 14, inside the 10, 4th down and we kick a field goal or how about that play calling before halftime 30 seconds left 1 yard to go and no time out called then at the 3 second mark time out! Who did he learn his management from Boone?!

What Toledo fans were you talking to? DaJuane Collins was the #50 RB in HS,MVP of the Governor's Bowl(NY/NJ HS All-Star Game).DC averaged almost 6.4 ypc last year as backup to Parmele,who's now with the Dolphins.He'll have good shot at being All-MAC.Williams,the backup RB was two time All-Ohio Division I Player of the Year and a top 30 RB coming out of high school.I expect the Rockets to be in the top 2 or 3 running teams in the MAC.
09-13-2008 04:46 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Maybe the tackling dummies could play better defense.

I've supported Genyk but I have to tell you guys like Hatchett, Holzclaw, Schmitt underperformed today and let their coach and team down. And there was stupidity with several personal fouls by senior personnel who should know better by now one of them basically killed a nice little drive.

If Braggs starts the process now he might have a chance to salvage the recruiting season.

I didn't seem a more competitive team today but one that gave less than 100%.
09-13-2008 04:47 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

And this shows you what recruiting can do. Guys like Church and the starting QB were recruited by EMU but didn't pick us. No we get Toledo's leftovers like Hatchett.
09-13-2008 04:49 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Boca Rocket Wrote:
emussuperfan Wrote:Toledo is a BAD team! I was talking to some of the Toledo fans before the game and they said they had a terrible running back and that the running game sucked, our defense or the lack there of made them look very good. There was at least 6 times they had long runs plays that the defensive tackling was just TERRIBLE, missed tackles, weak tackles or just letting the RB run right by! AND what was that field gaol about? We are down by 14, inside the 10, 4th down and we kick a field goal or how about that play calling before halftime 30 seconds left 1 yard to go and no time out called then at the 3 second mark time out! Who did he learn his management from Boone?!

What Toledo fans were you talking to? DaJuane Collins was the #50 RB in HS,MVP of the Governor's Bowl(NY/NJ HS All-Star Game).DC averaged almost 6.4 ypc last year as backup to Parmele,who's now with the Dolphins.He'll have good shot at being All-MAC.Williams,the backup RB was two time All-Ohio Division I Player of the Year and a top 30 RB coming out of high school.I expect the Rockets to be in the top 2 or 3 running teams in the MAC.
Like I would know! They were wearing Toledo gear! And the yards this guy got where after several missed or down right poor tackling! And this isn't the first game of poor tackling ether. There has been a LOT of poor tackling all 3 games this year.
09-13-2008 05:30 PM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
The DL gets blown off the ball most every play and puts no pressure on the opposition during passing plays. The Defense never (coaching staff?) caught on to Toledo's mis-direction plays, they worked for them everytime and the flea-flicker, that's high school stuff.
09-13-2008 05:58 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:The DL gets blown off the ball most every play and puts no pressure on the opposition during passing plays. The Defense never (coaching staff?) caught on to Toledo's mis-direction plays, they worked for them everytime and the flea-flicker, that's high school stuff.

Well, maybe EMU should schedule one of the Toledo High Schools, to prepare themselves better for the "highschool stuff" instead of Indiana St.
09-13-2008 06:09 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Hm well I don't like trash talk but I guess in this case we played bad enough to deserve it.

Will the next EMU coach sign in please? Its been now 15 plus years of frustration.
09-13-2008 06:24 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The best thing about this game was all the rain.
09-13-2008 06:39 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
It was a pathetic game. Was it 4 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter? that's a joke. Really disappointing stuff.
09-13-2008 06:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.