Another reason for USF to stop playing UCF
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Another reason for USF to stop playing UCF
Obviously this game is too heated...

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports...hts-in-ot/

Quote:“Someone got hold of my phone number and I had a thousand missed calls and my voice mail was completely full and a couple hundred text messages. Basically one hundred text messages telling me to die.”

Grothe’s father, Matt Sr., also received numerous calls, including a specific death threat that said: “Watch your backs. We can’t get to your [expletive] son, but we can get to you.”

That is embarrassing... I hope UC fans never go off the deep end like the above.
09-09-2008 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: Another reason for USF to stop playing UCF
Whether they realize it or not, their fans are building up a reputation as a lunatic fringe, excuse making crybabies. Now O'Liar is sending film to the BigEast office to review all the alleged bad calls that "gave" USF the game. Please....if anyone gave the game away it was literally and figuratively USF. USF could have easily won the game by 20 points. UCF had no answers on offense or defense. I just laugh when some of their players whine about the better team not winning.

The game had two or three...at most...questionable calls. The rest is just sour grapes stretching down from their coaches & players down to some of their whiny, USF obsessed fans.

Link: http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/spo...ated/C127/
09-09-2008 10:53 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
USF dominated the game it should have never been that close. USF is better of scheduling other teams.
09-09-2008 11:00 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
CyberBull Wrote:Whether they realize it or not, their fans are building up a reputation as a lunatic fringe, excuse making crybabies. Now O'Liar is sending film to the BigEast office to review all the alleged bad calls that "gave" USF the game. Please....if anyone gave the game away it was literally and figuratively USF. USF could have easily won the game by 20 points. UCF had no answers on offense or defense. I just laugh when some of their players whine about the better team not winning.

The game had two or three...at most...questionable calls. The rest is just sour grapes stretching down from their coaches & players down to some of their whiny, USF obsessed fans.

If O'leary really did that, he sure sounds like couple of posters on this board. Talking about sour grapes.

USF dominated that game. The game should not be that close in the first place.
09-09-2008 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
All you guys do is trash UCF and then when somebody responds you get all pissy.
09-09-2008 01:14 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
firmbizzle Wrote:All you guys do is trash UCF and then when somebody responds you get all pissy.

Obviously you haven't been around here very long. UCF fans have long been coming over here talking trash and attacking USF and its fan base. I only pointed out that the game probably should end at least for a while if they are truly calling up the QB and his family and threatening them.
09-09-2008 01:16 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

mlb Wrote:
firmbizzle Wrote:All you guys do is trash UCF and then when somebody responds you get all pissy.

Obviously you haven't been around here very long. UCF fans have long been coming over here talking trash and attacking USF and its fan base. I only pointed out that the game probably should end at least for a while if they are truly calling up the QB and his family and threatening them.

That's the second time I've heard that. I resent you grouping UCF fans with some nuts that called up Grothe. So I guess UF should stop playing LSU because LSU fans threatened Tebow. Trash talking goes both ways.
09-09-2008 01:36 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Obviously in a conference game you can't do it.

I even read a UCF fan stating that their fans don't know how to act to opposing fans. I know every fan base has some idiots, but death threats are a bit far.
09-09-2008 03:37 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the BIG EAST board. I'm sure worse is said about the Big East on the C-USA board. Heck, I point out some wrong things that you said (that UCF never played Florida or Florida State before) and you got "pissy" and gave me a negative vote, so pot, kettle, black.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 04:27 PM by CatsClaw.)
09-09-2008 04:25 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

firmbizzle Wrote:
mlb Wrote:

That's the second time I've heard that. I resent you grouping UCF fans with some nuts that called up Grothe. So I guess UF should stop playing LSU because LSU fans threatened Tebow. Trash talking goes both ways.

LSU or Florida would have to leave the conference in order to stop playing the game. Weren't UCF fans putting Grothe's face on a board and throwing darts at it last year, or hitting it with sticks or something. Besides, why do you care, you said that you were glad the series was over because ECU was a bigger rivalry.
09-09-2008 04:28 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Thats the thing I dont get about many of their fans. They say they dont care and dont needc USf and then they are over here with all kind of reasons we should play.
IS DONE. IS OVER 4-0, We will play later on Im sure but for now its over time to move on.
09-09-2008 04:37 PM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

Examples 1 and 1A

[Image: IMG_3552.JPG]

followed by

[Image: IMG_3553.JPG]

That guy was asking to have that beer dumped on his head because he dared to and root for USF?

Actually, I read elsewhere what I think is the root of the problem. Both USF and UCF have a relatively young fan base and don't have enough older alumni who travel to games to help compensate for our a-hole quotient. That will (hopefully) change for both of us. Throw in that these younger fans have been spoiled by early success and good fortune without any of the typical long suffering (for those of us old enough to know better at USF, it was simply not having a football team) and they're essentially the equivalent of Paris Hilton - spoiled rotten without having to have lived through the rougher periods. What's that saying about being nice to people on the way up?

Sadly, I think somebody was right when they said that 98+% of all fans of all teams are great, but everybody remembers the 2%.

USFFan
09-09-2008 04:55 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Young idiots and beer is not a good combination. are these examples of their high SAT scores? LOL

Well we all know what the REAl outcome was... 4-0 Go Bulls!!!!

By the way is that the UCF hand sign those jerks where doing in the back?
09-09-2008 05:33 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
ucf is done with as far as i'm concerned, i like their team and they showed guts coming back after we beat up on them for 3 1/2 quarters, but reading their players say they were the better team, o'leary crying like a whiny b!tch about the officials, and their dipsh!t fans. it reminds me why i was initially glad we're not continuing this series and i wouldn't expect another game in a long time. their team earned my respect because they were outmanned yet found somehow to tie the game, but after the limpwristed behavior on ucf's side afterwards, which has ticked off more than a few people on our side, the honeymoon is over and i hope they rot in non-bcs hell.
09-09-2008 06:02 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
CyberBull Wrote:The game had two or three...at most...questionable calls. The rest is just sour grapes stretching down from their coaches & players down to some of their whiny, USF obsessed fans.

Did you watch the game? There were about eight (8) questionable calls. I mean come on 148 yards in penalties?!!! We've never had that many and USF got away with a lot. The "fight" were the UCF player got called, but not the USF player. The Taurus Johnson push-off. The late-hit flag pick-up too. Holding on the OT TD pass. The block in the back TD reverse. The false start OT penalty. The final spot. The excessive number of pass interference calls against UCF, including offensive ones that were away from the play. The tackle of the player picking up the blocked ball. The only two legit ones I say were the hitting of the player calling fair catch. It was a very shady officiated game. One of the worst ones I've ever seen and the vast majority was one sided. I'm not saying we would have won, and I don't really care about excuses. I'm not making any. We lost, they can't over turn it. Frankly, though I would be outraged if O'leary didn't call the refs out for their BS. They were cheating or completely incompetent. They should be unemployed as a result of either one. O'leary rarely complains about officiating.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 06:38 PM by Jugnaut.)
09-09-2008 06:35 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

CatsClaw Wrote:

Welcome to the BIG EAST board. I'm sure worse is said about the Big East on the C-USA board. Heck, I point out some wrong things that you said (that UCF never played Florida or Florida State before) and you got "pissy" and gave me a negative vote, so pot, kettle, black.

I said they never played them in Orlando. I beleive this is the 3-4 time I've said that you never read the whole post.
09-09-2008 06:57 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Jugnaut Wrote:
CyberBull Wrote:The game had two or three...at most...questionable calls. The rest is just sour grapes stretching down from their coaches & players down to some of their whiny, USF obsessed fans.

Did you watch the game? There were about eight (8) questionable calls. I mean come on 148 yards in penalties?!!! We've never had that many and USF got away with a lot. The "fight" were the UCF player got called, but not the USF player. The Taurus Johnson push-off. The late-hit flag pick-up too. Holding on the OT TD pass. The block in the back TD reverse. The false start OT penalty. The final spot. The excessive number of pass interference calls against UCF, including offensive ones that were away from the play. The tackle of the player picking up the blocked ball. The only two legit ones I say were the hitting of the player calling fair catch. It was a very shady officiated game. One of the worst ones I've ever seen and the vast majority was one sided. I'm not saying we would have won, and I don't really care about excuses. I'm not making any. We lost, they can't over turn it. Frankly, though I would be outraged if O'leary didn't call the refs out for their BS. They were cheating or completely incompetent. They should be unemployed as a result of either one. O'leary rarely complains about officiating.

* we obviously didn't watch the same game since 6 personal fouls easilynaccounted for 90 yards

2 personal fouls for cheap shotting our defenseless punt returner
1 PF block in the back after the interception
1 PF for Timmons body slamming Grant Gregory after the play was called dead
1 PF for face masking
1 for your player throwing a punch at Taurus Johnson; all TJ did was push your thug away from himself
------------------

That is 6 personal fouls for 90 yards. The only questionable call was TJ not getting a flag for pushing your sucker punch throwing thug away from himself

The rest of the penalties were procedural in nature and were all on UCF. USF played with discipline for most of the game, and despite UCiF best effort to goad USF into fights, I was proud to witness our guys play bigger than cheap shot, thuggery and walk away. Did you realize that Marcus Edwards, the kid Weams nailed twice is listed as very questionable for next week with bruised ribs?

BTW....the last play was dead when Greco's knee hit the ground about a yard short of the 15 yard line. UCF can whine all they want but that is not going to change the video tape. I'll post the screen capture sequence of Greco last run which clearly shows his knee was down.

Good riddance
09-09-2008 08:30 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
CyberBull Wrote:The only questionable call was TJ not getting a flag for pushing your sucker punch throwing thug away from himself

The rest of the penalties were procedural in nature and were all on UCF. USF played with discipline for most of the game, and despite UCiF best effort to goad USF into fights, I was proud to witness our guys play bigger than cheap shot, thuggery and walk away.

You were really wearing some cow-shaped glasses if you think UCF "earned" all those penalties or that TJ was just an angel responding to a sucker punch. It looked like they were both swinging; it was impossible to tell you threw first. They both deserved flags.

I'm too am glad the series is ended. Good Riddance indeed.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 09:23 PM by Jugnaut.)
09-09-2008 09:21 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Great then we wont have to hear about it anymore.
Bye Bye
09-09-2008 10:00 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

USF 4-0 against UCF, that's all you need to know.

2 complete blowouts in Tampa.

2 close games in Orlando (even though USF dominated the stat sheet).

I've already stated my respect for the Knights for the last game, but it's good this break is coming up too. You beat the Knights on the road in a tough environment, dominated 90% of the game and still drop 2 places in the polls.

The Knights need to get into a BCS conf. for this game to do USF some good.
09-09-2008 10:12 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.