Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For the last time - Temple was not screwed during last year's UCONN/Temple Game
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
For the last time - Temple was not screwed during last year's UCONN/Temple Game
Below is a link done by an UCONN fan with a much better angle on what happened during that supposed Temple "catch". He did frame by frame analysis from a much better angle on the play. ESPN also did the same and came to the conclusion that right call was MADE on the field that day.

http://www.santini35.com/Blog/?p=65#more-65

Justice was served. The better team won yesterday despite being an all around ugly game. Temple, however, is a much improved team this year and should challenge for the MAC title.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 01:49 PM by SF Husky.)
09-07-2008 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: For the last time - Temple was not screwed during last year's UCONN/Temple Game
No need to 'splain yourself SF. You guys beat them again.

Although, for the life of me, how can any team in the history of this world have a 200 yard rusher, and score only 12 points??? 01-wingedeagle
09-07-2008 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: For the last time - Temple was not screwed during last year's UCONN/Temple Game
Jose... how bout Tropical Storm Hanna
09-07-2008 01:07 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Jose_Jalapeno_on_a_Stick Wrote:No need to 'splain yourself SF. You guys beat them again.

Although, for the life of me, how can any team in the history of this world have a 200 yard rusher, and score only 12 points??? 01-wingedeagle

Weather had a lot to do with it. UCONN's normal reliable kicker missed 3 FGs and he missed total of 5 last year. All the balls threw by our QB looked funny as hell. I hope it is not his arm but the heavy wet ball. The weather was miserable. The UCONN OL dominated Temple DL. UCONN was able to run anytime and anywhere. Donald Brown looked like total stud out there.

There is no doubt UCONN was the better team, but they were trying to give the game to Temple all day.

My hats off to UCONN D. The D stepped up all game long and made stop after stop.
09-07-2008 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Good points, Animus, SF.
09-07-2008 04:03 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I saw part of that game. I was switching around, and it looked like a Monsoon. The rain seemed to be coming almost parallel to the ground at one point. I'm surprised the field was able to handle all the water and still be playable...
09-07-2008 05:04 PM
Advertisement

Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
I'm cool w/ Uconn, as long as there are no mysterious fair catch calls 03-lmfao

You guys are doing what the rest of the conf. needs to do ... Just get W's.

Congrats, and as we've been talking about all offseason, Temple has improved. Hats off to them.
09-07-2008 05:18 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:I saw part of that game. I was switching around, and it looked like a Monsoon. The rain seemed to be coming almost parallel to the ground at one point. I'm surprised the field was able to handle all the water and still be playable...

The Eagles have a system in place that drains the water during rain storms. It is a NFL stadium after all even though few Temple fans were there.

It is hard to judge either team's offense yesterday because of the weather. UCONN ran all day cause Temple could not stop it. They had 8 in the box all day and Donald Brown was still able to run all day,
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 06:47 PM by SF Husky.)
09-07-2008 06:45 PM
EvilVodka1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FSUfan/LSUalum
SF Husky Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:I saw part of that game. I was switching around, and it looked like a Monsoon. The rain seemed to be coming almost parallel to the ground at one point. I'm surprised the field was able to handle all the water and still be playable...

The Eagles have a system in place that drains the water during rain storms. It is a NFL stadium after all even though few Temple fans were there.

It is hard to judge either team's offense yesterday because of the weather. UCONN ran all day cause Temple could not stop it. They had 8 in the box all day and Donald Brown was still able to run all day,
hey, this year you beat them without your star player from last year's game, good job!
[Image: 1785286827]
09-08-2008 12:57 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
SF Husky Wrote:Below is a link done by an UCONN fan with a much better angle on what happened during that supposed Temple "catch". He did frame by frame analysis from a much better angle on the play. ESPN also did the same and came to the conclusion that right call was MADE on the field that day.

http://www.santini35.com/Blog/?p=65#more-65

Justice was served. The better team won yesterday despite being an all around ugly game. Temple, however, is a much improved team this year and should challenge for the MAC title.

What about the Louisville game? Was justice served then too?
09-08-2008 02:09 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:What about the Louisville game? Was justice served then too?

Ok the post is sort for guys like you who only sees what you want to see.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5e-txWErsU

While UCONN was the beneficiary that call, what about all the calls UCONN got screwed on? Did you happen to remember those or are you one of those idiots that go off on one call like it was the difference in the game. Did you happen to see the sure TD they took away from UCONN due to a horrible call?

Last I checked games are usually played in 4 quarters and calls tend to even out over time. The Refs screwed UCONN multiple times in the same game and made up the call for UL. All the bitching is well, bitching and whining. UCONN beat UL plain and simple regardless of that call.

If you gonna do this. did you happen to see ending of Pitt/RU game last year? Pitt got screwed pretty bad on that call too.

BTW, have you heard of the term "selective hearing"? People can always make a case if they only show certain part of the truth while ignoring the whole story.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 05:46 PM by SF Husky.)
09-08-2008 05:23 PM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
look you stole one last year.. and hung on this year.. U have 2 wins and they don't relax and go drink a beer.
09-08-2008 06:31 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

goodknightfl Wrote:look you stole one last year.. and hung on this year.. U have 2 wins and they don't relax and go drink a beer.

Hey smart guy, what part of explanation did you not understand? How did we stole one? Do you read? I would like to hear your explanation.
09-08-2008 06:32 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
03-lmfao UCons fans! Don't forget to take your blood pressure meds.
09-08-2008 06:58 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
goodknightfl Wrote:look you stole one last year..
they stole two last year
09-08-2008 07:33 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:look you stole one last year..
they stole two last year

I guess video proof if not good enough for you then? Man talking about having blinders on. Blind and stupid! Of course, nothing you do is really surprising.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 07:37 PM by SF Husky.)
09-08-2008 07:35 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

army56mike Wrote:03-lmfao UCons fans! Don't forget to take your blood pressure meds.

Good news is BYU is the new UCONN. They gonna get blamed because Washington kid broke the rule.
09-08-2008 07:38 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Ah! So is that what it is going to be referred to anytime one team is cheated out of a victory? "You got UConed?":lmfao: Remember, you inferred it first!
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 07:43 PM by army56mike.)
09-08-2008 07:41 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

army56mike Wrote:Ah! So is that what it is going to be referred to anytime one team is cheated out of a victory? "You got UConed?":lmfao: Remember, you inferred it first!

No dude. It just shows you are a sore loser. Pretty soon UL gonna get a lucky call one of these days in football. It happens.

In fact, if UCONN had lost that game, everyone would point to the missed kick off where the refs took a TD away from UCONN and UL screwed UCONN in the same game. Things could have looked different in a hurry. Not to rehash the old stupid call, but I was merely answering the question from the idiot RU fan. People took the time and gathered all the evidences, it is only fair I shared with this crowd since it has been mentioned over and over here.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 07:46 PM by SF Husky.)
09-08-2008 07:44 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

From the posts I remember last year, seemed like the UL people were the ones in need of the meds 05-stirthepot
09-08-2008 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.