8.Syracuse
09-07-2008 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Big East rankings after week 2
I would reverse 2 and 3 then I think you have it right.
09-07-2008 08:48 AM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
goodknightfl Wrote:I would reverse 2 and 3 then I think you have it right.
I dunno about that....while Cincy did lose, OU is a hella lot tougher than temple.
09-07-2008 08:55 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:I would reverse 2 and 3 then I think you have it right.
I dunno about that....while Cincy did lose, OU is a hella lot tougher than temple.

I agree. While I have respect for UConn and think they will be a factor again this year, Cincinnati would have completely wiped out Temple. Then again, Temple might just be one of those teams that matches up well with UConn.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 09:05 AM by CatsClaw.)
09-07-2008 09:05 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
It's hard to judge UConn on that game - they played in a tropical storm. But UC easily handled them last season.

It looks like teams are finally learning how to stop WVU - East Carolina certainly has. I'll bet film of that game will be shown a lot in Big East team meetings.

All of the Big East teams need to pick it up some.
09-07-2008 09:16 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
I watch enough football to know Temple is a decent team this year. It is hard to judge UCONN right now. The good thing is our D has not given up a TD yet. The bad thing is our passing game is not good but we really did not have to pass much since the run game has been effective. They always said defense win championships and I hope UCONN D can deliver this year.
09-07-2008 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think WV hurt themselves in the short run by trying to make Pat white more of a passing QB. The WV offense is made for the type of running spread RR ran. It will take a few years to change that.

Also their Defense is not as good as last year.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 12:49 PM by Cubanbull.)
09-07-2008 12:49 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
USF
UCONN/Cincy
Louisville/ WVU/ Pitt/ Rutgers
Syracuse
09-07-2008 12:54 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

WVU D did not look good yesterday. ECU was moving the ball on them at will. They could not get off the field. Also there was a lot of pressure on Pat White to score, which is probably why they threw a lot. Overall an ugly game for WVU. WVU D needs to play better.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 01:22 PM by SF Husky.)
09-07-2008 01:12 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
1. USF
2. UC (for now, but, see if it stays that way with Tony Pike behind center)
3. WVU
4. UConn
5. RU
6. Pitt
7. UL
8. SU
09-07-2008 01:18 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
SF Husky Wrote:WVU D does not look good yesterday. ECU was moving the ball on them at will. They could not get off the field. Also there was a lot of pressure on Pat White to score, which is probably why they threw a lot. Overall an ugly game for WVU. WVU D needs to play better.

i knew their d was going to be much worse after losing their secondary but i didn't expect them to be that bad, they might very well have a louisville like collapse if they don't get their ship righted soon.
09-07-2008 01:21 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

USFMike Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:WVU D does not look good yesterday. ECU was moving the ball on them at will. They could not get off the field. Also there was a lot of pressure on Pat White to score, which is probably why they threw a lot. Overall an ugly game for WVU. WVU D needs to play better.

i knew their d was going to be much worse after losing their secondary but i didn't expect them to be that bad, they might very well have a louisville like collapse if they don't get their ship righted soon.

Yeah that D was bad. You figure they practice against the spread all day they would be better at defending it, but they weren't. ECU did whatever it wanted. Granted ECU QB was very good, but WVU did not put much pressure on that kid at all. You need a good D to win big games.

I hope the young D will improve but it will take time. They might have to let Pat White lose and let him run all over again.

BTW, I hope everyone agrees with me those preseason rankings are a joke.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 01:25 PM by SF Husky.)
09-07-2008 01:25 PM
PirateNation Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Big East thus far:
1.ECU
2.USF
3.Cincy
4.Uconn
5.WVU
6.RU
7.Pitt
8.Louisville
9.Syracuse

ACC thus far:
1.ECU
2.Wake
3.GT
4.VT
5.Clemson

05-stirthepot
Just kidding. The Big East cant possibly be worse than the ACC can they? Although we still have 2 ACC teams (NCSU and UVA) on our schedule that could beat us so I probably shouldnt say too much about the ACC right now.
09-07-2008 01:28 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I am hoping UCONN and USF can do our end to hold up the league. WVU can still come around with many big games down the road.
09-07-2008 01:34 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

SF Husky Wrote:WVU can still come around with many big games down the road.

Based on yesterday's listless performance, I'm not hopeful. I'm beginning to fear that WVU this year will be similar to UL last year in Brian Brohm's final year.
09-07-2008 01:48 PM
BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
USF
WVU (I still think they will pull it together and beat AU and contend for BE crown)
UConn/UC (I think UC is better but UConn is undefeated)
RU
Pitt
UL
Cuse
09-07-2008 01:58 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

wvucrazed Wrote:Based on yesterday's listless performance, I'm not hopeful. I'm beginning to fear that WVU this year will be similar to UL last year in Brian Brohm's final year.
I don't know if that kind of bailing is required, dude. The season is still early, and ECU always play the Mountaineers tough. One loss in this series, to a very good ECU team, isn't cause for crisis yet. The Mountaineers can still salvage a very good season, and another BEast BCS bid by winning out.

Now if they lose to Colorado, I'll worry...
09-07-2008 03:11 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

bitcruncher Wrote:
wvucrazed Wrote:Based on yesterday's listless performance, I'm not hopeful. I'm beginning to fear that WVU this year will be similar to UL last year in Brian Brohm's final year.
I don't know if that kind of bailing is required, dude. The season is still early, and ECU always play the Mountaineers tough. One loss in this series, to a very good ECU team, isn't cause for crisis yet. The Mountaineers can still salvage a very good season, and another BEast BCS bid by winning out.

Last year's WVU/ECU game was 48-7, and it was over early. Now I'll grant you 2 years ago it was tough, but WVU still pulled out a double-digit win in Greenville.

This team just looks very different to me. I hope I'm wrong, but the first 2 games have left me feeling very pessimistic.
09-07-2008 04:04 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
1. USF
2. everybody else in between
3. Syracuse
09-07-2008 04:32 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

wvucrazed Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:

Last year's WVU/ECU game was 48-7, and it was over early. Now I'll grant you 2 years ago it was tough, but WVU still pulled out a double-digit win in Greenville.

This team just looks very different to me. I hope I'm wrong, but the first 2 games have left me feeling very pessimistic.
I'm not going to jump off the deep end yet. But the Mountaineers better find a pass rush or this is going to be a long season... 03-banghead
09-07-2008 05:01 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.