Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New ASun.tv looks good
Bookmark and Share
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
New ASun.tv looks good
It looks like http://www.asun.tv has a new owner, and it looks much improved. I'll be excited to see if the quality is better.
09-04-2008 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: New ASun.tv looks good
New layout looks great!
09-05-2008 10:15 AM
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Mercer
I may just be a cynical bastard, but I think every thing the A-Sun does is crap.

It looks the same as last years to me and I could never get that one to work.

Sorry to be negative… just not a big fan of the A-Sun.

Personally, I’d much rather see the games on PBS; everything doesn’t have to be, and shouldn’t be, about money.
09-05-2008 04:35 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
CWG Wrote:It looks the same as last years to me

Are you sure you're looking at the right page??? It looks totally different. Plus it looks like every school is included this year. Did the "holdout" schools give up on their independent services? (ETSU & Campbell I think were ones)
09-05-2008 04:53 PM
SCFanforme Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UPST
CWG Wrote:I may just be a cynical bastard, but I think every thing the A-Sun does is crap.

If you're not a fan of the A-Sun...why do you bother posting on this site? Don't you have better things to do with your life than complain about something you can't stand anyway?
Conferences go through changes especially the smaller ones. Not every school can be great at athletics and there are some place where they can belong.
The athletes and staff in the A-Sun conference work just as hard as any other across the board.
Get off your high horse and go do something else with your life.
09-10-2008 08:57 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
AN UPSTATE FAN?!?!!
09-10-2008 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Stetson
Not only that but he or she brings it STRONG on the first post. CWG, you just got kicked into a well. "This issss SPARTA(nburg)!!!!"
09-10-2008 12:09 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
AN UPSTATE FAN! Welcome former Peach Belt brother/sister :) I agree that the new ASun.tv is completely different. I had no problems getting it to work perfectly last year. Love the new design, hope that they carry more games this year. If I remember correctly not every conference game was covered, and that is poor planning in my opinion. I would gladly pay more money to get every Kennesaw game on my computer. For those of us not living in the area anymore that would be huge.
09-10-2008 12:32 PM
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

SCFanforme Wrote:
CWG Wrote:I may just be a cynical bastard, but I think every thing the A-Sun does is crap.

If you're not a fan of the A-Sun...why do you bother posting on this site? Don't you have better things to do with your life than complain about something you can't stand anyway?
Conferences go through changes especially the smaller ones. Not every school can be great at athletics and there are some place where they can belong.
The athletes and staff in the A-Sun conference work just as hard as any other across the board.
Get off your high horse and go do something else with your life.

Because I am a Mercer Fan. I guess my main problem with the ASun is that Mercer is still in it. The ASun is a great conference for a school that has just moved up to DI, but really is beneth a school with Mercer's stature.

Not to say Mercer dominates in Athletics, that is not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that Mercer has been division I for a long time, has more money than the other A-Sun schools, and really has a much better academic reputation than most. How many other schools offer degrees in Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, etc... Maybe Stetson and Campbell?
My frustration primarily comes from Mercer still being in the conference.

Additionally, this board is for opinions and I have one just like you do. You don't know what I am doing with my life and you should not try to get personal with someone who (most likely) has much more education and intelligence than you do.

Again, no offense to you, but my post was not personal at anyone. BTW- I expect Upstate to finish at the bottom of the ASun again.

Disclaimer: This note is not intended to target or put down any school in the ASUN or attack anyone personally. With the exception of USC Upstate, I think we would all pick a different conference if we had a choice.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 03:41 PM by CWG.)
09-10-2008 03:30 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
The A-Sun is a joke... at least for ETSU.
09-10-2008 05:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

Goldfinger Wrote:The A-Sun is a joke... at least for ETSU.

Exactly my point! No school, with the exception of USC Upstate (because no other conference would have them) and Belmont (because they dominate), wants to be in the ASUN!

I agree with you on ETSU also!
09-10-2008 05:21 PM
Advertisement

CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

I think SCFanforme is probably an ASUN employee.
09-10-2008 08:20 PM
GoBruinsGo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Belmont
I'm new to the board and think all of this is real interesting. Number one I'm glad that there is an ASun.TV but wish that everyone had to produce the games at the level that Belmont and ETSU does.

Number two (onto the A-Sun sucks argument) ... Where would you like to see your teams play? I know that I wish Belmont was in the OVC or the Missouri Valley. Below are my guesses as to the only league's each school could join and what it would take to get there.

Belmont - OVC or Missouri Valley - The Valley is a pipe dream but would be great for our basketball. I'm sure we would be the Evansville of the group for a while but hope we could become Drake

Campbell - Big South or Colonial - Football, football, football and not the fake JV kind they are playing now

ETSU - SoCon or Big South - if they add football ... no football equals a long A-Sun tenure. I don't think the OVC is a legit option because they are probably a lot more interested in other schools such as North Alabama or Kennesaw State

FGCU - Sun Belt - if they add I-A football ... no football equals a long A-Sun tenure.

Jax - Big South - see Campbell

Kennesaw State - OVC or Big South the second they announce scholarship football and it will be their choice because both leagues would love to have the Atlanta market (which is a bogus statement - that's like saying Belmont or Lipscomb "gives" the A-Sun Nashville)

Lipscomb - A-Sun lifer unless Belmont carries them to a better league

Mercer - A-Sun lifer (not just ruffling CWG's feathers here but who is going to want Mercer without major changes that include FCS football)

UNF - A-Sun lifer - I don't think they'll ever add football

Upstate - Big South - If the Big South wants to get to 12 I would think Upstate and Campbell would be high on their radar

Stetson - A-Sun lifer - better chance they drop down to D-III than change D-I conferences

Just my two (or three) cents ...
09-11-2008 09:01 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I don't see the bottom feeders ever leaving the A-sun. Bottom line without Football...I don't see anyone leaving. I actually think the A-sun is a good fit for 90% of the schools that are in it. ETSU is not one of them.

I don't ever see Lipscomb leaving....I don't see Belmont leaving either. Mainly b/c of football.

ETSU was actually being courted by the OVC last year, but the school ultimately decided that it would be a bad move. I was in the camp that actually agreed with the decision.

I don't view the Big South as a step up from the A-sun.
09-11-2008 09:16 AM
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

GoBruinsGo Wrote:I'm new to the board and think all of this is real interesting. Number one I'm glad that there is an ASun.TV but wish that everyone had to produce the games at the level that Belmont and ETSU does.

Number two (onto the A-Sun sucks argument) ... Where would you like to see your teams play? I know that I wish Belmont was in the OVC or the Missouri Valley. Below are my guesses as to the only league's each school could join and what it would take to get there.

Belmont - OVC or Missouri Valley - The Valley is a pipe dream but would be great for our basketball. I'm sure we would be the Evansville of the group for a while but hope we could become Drake

Campbell - Big South or Colonial - Football, football, football and not the fake JV kind they are playing now

ETSU - SoCon or Big South - if they add football ... no football equals a long A-Sun tenure. I don't think the OVC is a legit option because they are probably a lot more interested in other schools such as North Alabama or Kennesaw State

FGCU - Sun Belt - if they add I-A football ... no football equals a long A-Sun tenure.

Jax - Big South - see Campbell

Kennesaw State - OVC or Big South the second they announce scholarship football and it will be their choice because both leagues would love to have the Atlanta market (which is a bogus statement - that's like saying Belmont or Lipscomb "gives" the A-Sun Nashville)

Lipscomb - A-Sun lifer unless Belmont carries them to a better league

Mercer - A-Sun lifer (not just ruffling CWG's feathers here but who is going to want Mercer without major changes that include FCS football)

UNF - A-Sun lifer - I don't think they'll ever add football

Upstate - Big South - If the Big South wants to get to 12 I would think Upstate and Campbell would be high on their radar

Stetson - A-Sun lifer - better chance they drop down to D-III than change D-I conferences

Just my two (or three) cents ...

I agree with you on Mercer. They will never leave the ASUN, and that is what is so frustrating. Actually, I think Mercer founded the ASUN (or whatever it used to be called). Why else would it be in Macon?
09-11-2008 10:06 PM
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

Goldfinger Wrote:I don't see the bottom feeders ever leaving the A-sun. Bottom line without Football...I don't see anyone leaving. I actually think the A-sun is a good fit for 90% of the schools that are in it. ETSU is not one of them.

I don't ever see Lipscomb leaving....I don't see Belmont leaving either. Mainly b/c of football.

ETSU was actually being courted by the OVC last year, but the school ultimately decided that it would be a bad move. I was in the camp that actually agreed with the decision.

I don't view the Big South as a step up from the A-sun.

Actually, ETSU is the only team that left a "better" conference to come to the ASUN. They may end up DII before it is all over...
09-11-2008 10:08 PM
Advertisement

SCFanforme Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UPST
CWG: Given all of the bashing you do about Mercer/A-Sun why on EARTH would I want to move to Macon...

I'm just a graduate of the "bottom" feeder because my mommy and daddy couldn't afford to send me to a "GOOD" school. Now I actually go to a law school that I guess in your opinion could "measure" up with Mercer.

Just to let you know that last year Upstate won a title and shared another...and Mercer won...oh yeah NOTHING.
09-12-2008 08:25 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
CWG....ETSU probably deserves to be demoted all the way down to division 2 for their stupidity if nothing else.
09-12-2008 11:07 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
CWG Wrote:Actually, ETSU is the only team that left a "better" conference to come to the ASUN. They may end up DII before it is all over...

Could CWG be a prophet?
09-12-2008 11:57 AM
CWG Offline
Bench Warmer

SCFanforme Wrote:CWG: Given all of the bashing you do about Mercer/A-Sun why on EARTH would I want to move to Macon...

I'm just a graduate of the "bottom" feeder because my mommy and daddy couldn't afford to send me to a "GOOD" school. Now I actually go to a law school that I guess in your opinion could "measure" up with Mercer.

Just to let you know that last year Upstate won a title and shared another...and Mercer won...oh yeah NOTHING.

No since in Making things personal. Congrats in getting into a good law school. I believe the ASUN management sux and could do more --that is my opinion and I will express it frequently. However, I try to never attack anyone personally unless they attack me first.
09-13-2008 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.