RE: Closer Game vs Waterloo, 67-60 ETSU
Looks like Penn State killed em.
08-31-2008 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
ETSU won tonight's game 89-74 over Sheridan. This same team had previosly lost to Penn State by 18, so that at least looks a little better.
08-31-2008 08:45 PM
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
A couple of observatinos about these games:
-Tommy Hubbard is obviously making his case for more PT this year. He's putting up some amazing numbers:12 pts., 17 boards
-Jarvis Jones had 19 pts.
-Adam Sollazzo had 13 assists.
-Front Court: Brown-14 & 11; Coy-10;Ward-10
-I wonder if Hamlin is hurt-no mention of him.

ETSU men sweep doubleheader as Canada tour continues

TORONTO, Canada (Aug. 31, 2008) – The ETSU men’s basketball team continued its Labor Day weekend exhibition swing with a doubleheader on Sunday, coming from behind to defeat Waterloo 67-60 in the afternoon game and then cruising to an 89-74 victory over Sheridan in the nightcap.

“We were happy to get another couple wins on the trip and we’ve seen some good things from our team, but obviously we see areas that need to get better and that’s really part of the reason for the trip,” said ETSU head coach Murry Bartow. “It’s been a long day and I think our guys are ready to get back to the hotel.”

In the first game of the day, sophomore Tommy Hubbard (Boston) once again started in the post and yet again made significant strides, collecting a double-double with 12 points and 17 rebounds in the game. Meanwhile, senior forward Kevin Tiggs (Flint, Mich.) pitched in a team-high 15 points, junior Mike Smith (Vandalia, Mo.) scored 13, senior guard Jocolby Davis (Meridian, Miss.) collected 10, and freshman Jarvis Jones (Memphis) was 3-of-4 on 3-pointers in the first half to net nine.

ETSU actually trailed by five with less than 10 minutes left in the game before an offensive spurt in the fourth quarter gave the team an eight-point edge with less than a minute to play.

“Tommy really played well in the first game and I think he and Jocolby have really shown us a lot on this trip,” Bartow said. “Sure we would have liked to win both games easily, but in hindsight it was probably a good thing to have a game like that. We want to put our guys in different situations to see how they respond and they responded well being down late in the game.”

In the second game, Bartow went with the same starting lineup with Hubbard in the post, Tiggs and Smith on the wings, and Pigram and Davis at the guard slots. However, he substituted early and had the team’s freshmen in the game most of the way. Playing two 20-minute halves for the first time during the trip, Bartow had his starting lineup out of the game with more than 16 minutes left in the first half. At halftime it was 46-37 in favor of the Bucs.

The newcomers responded by building a lead of as many as 19 points and coasting to the win. Jones led all scorers with 21 points, while freshman point Adam Sollazzo (Tampa, Fla.) dished out 13 assists and scored seven. Meanwhile, redshirt freshman forward Isiah Brown (Miami) had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds, while true freshmen J.C. Ward (Marietta, Ga.) and Seth Coy (Montgomery, Ind.) pitched in 10 points apiece.

“I thought tonight’s game was good because some of the guys had not gotten a lot of minutes and we were able to get them in a lot,” Bartow said. “Isiah, J.C. and Seth all gave us something inside, and Jarvis and Adam really did some good things on the perimeter.”

Due to a lack of staffing at both games, no official box scores were available for either contest. The team will wrap up the trip with a noon contest at the University of Toronto on Monday.
08-31-2008 10:01 PM
CSIBUC Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU
Yeh, I noticed that Hamlin didn't play much at all the first game. I wondered if he might be hurt or in the doghouse.
08-31-2008 10:46 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
For what its worth, here are some more scores I could find:

August 31

McGill 88 Virginia 83
Southern Illinois 94 Western Ontario 89 (at U of Windsor)
East Tennessee State 67 Waterloo 60 (at Sheridan College)
Montana 90 Lethbridge 60 (at U of Calgary)
Morgan State at Windsor
Tulsa 84 Fraser Valley 63
University of Missouri (Columbia) 117 Brock 68
Mercer 67 Toronto 63
Iona College 104 Laurentian University (Sudbury, Ont.) 69 (at U of Guelph)
Buffalo 88 Queen's 61
North Carolina State 87 Guelph 47
Penn State 102 Ryerson University (Toronto) 68
Kansas 95 Ottawa 60
UNC Charlotte 123 York 59
UBC 99 Cal State Fullerton 81
Colorado State 94 Simon Fraser 66
University of the Pacific (Stockton, Calif.) 75 University of Victoria 70
Carleton 78 South Alabama 59

August 30

Queen's 102 University of South Alabama (Mobile) 94 (triple overtime) (at Carleton U)
University of Kansas (Lawrence) 72 McGill University (Montreal) 67 (at U of Ottawa)
Penn State (State College, Pa.) 83 University of Waterloo 52 (at Sheridan College)
Iona College (New Rochelle, N.Y.) 85 Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, Ont.) 69
University of Tulsa 76 UBC 65
University of Virginia (Charlottesville) 85 Concordia University (Montreal) 70
South Alabama 72 University of Ottawa 70 (at Scotiabank Place)
Western Ontario 85 Morgan State (Baltimore, Md.) 78 (at U of Windsor)
East Tennessee State (Johnson City) 88 University of Guelph 60
University of North Carolina Charlotte 88 University of Toronto 59
Kansas 84 Carleton University 83 (at Scotiabank Place)
Southern Illinois University (Carbondale) 82 University of Windsor 69
North Carolina State 81 (Raleigh) York University (Toronto) 60
University of Montana (Missoula) 82 University of Calgary 72
Colorado State (Fort Collins) 98 University College of the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford, B.C.) 64
Cal State Fullerton 81 Simon Fraser 78
Mercer University (Macon, Ga.) 82 Brock University 37
Tulsa 81 Trinity Western 75
09-01-2008 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.