Tailgating plans!!
Bookmark and Share
Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Campbell
Tailgating plans!!
The big day is approaching!

What is everyone's tailgating plans? I'll be at my girlfriends stadium apartment doing some hardcore grilling. I am thinking I am going to experiment with grilled wings.

Anyone else have hardcore tailgating plans?
08-28-2008 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: Tailgating plans!!
I would suggest going online and getting the specs on cornhole boards, go to Lowe's, buy the materials and paint them orange and black. If you have the tools, you can literally have them constructed and PAINTED in about three to four hours. Once the paint dries, put the polyurethane on it, and you'll have something that nobody else has, a Campbell themed cornhole game.
Also, you can't tailgate indoors. I'm going to Murfreesboro tonight just to have a drink and go watch MTSU/Troy, and yes, I will be wearing my Buc Football shirt.
08-28-2008 08:23 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

I won't be doing any cooking this year. I'll be looking to mooch-off of others, though! SmallWonder, good luck with those wings. It should be quite a scene around the stadium apts and the rest of campus. I'm looking forward to seeing how the univ-sanctioned tailgating area in front of Burkot works out. Private property around the Creek should be buzzing, too....maybe even more! Area restaurants should have their busiest Saturday (or any-day) ever.

Looking forward to seeing an old suitemate that I haven't seen for over 10 years and other classmates that I haven't seen in over 20! Hope to see you all there, too!

Game is at 1, stadium gates open at 11:30. I'll probably shoot for getting down there around 10:30.

(I believe the bookstore has a cornhole-type game similar to what BucLover is talking about.)
08-28-2008 09:22 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Trust me, you can build a set and order the bags online for about 100 dollars cheaper than buying the cheaply made store bought ones. Plus, if you know what you're doing, yours will look alot better.
08-28-2008 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

BucLover, sounds like a project I could attempt to do next game. I will def take a look into it.

OC, come on by, Apt 127. Grab yourself a wing or two!
08-28-2008 10:39 AM
CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

I spoke with a CU Employee yesterday. They are expecting 6000 there. Worried about where they are going to fit. Thats a good problem! They will have a nice pregame ceremony supposedly.[/i]
08-29-2008 07:58 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

A ceremony will be nice. I'll bet they'll have players from the 1950 team on hand.

Any word about a marching band?
08-29-2008 08:31 AM
CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

ive not heard about a band recently. i think thats a year or two down the road. im sure theyll pipe in "Go CU" on the speakers. i wouldnt doubt if they had triton, harnett central high school bands perform. The CU pep band may be there.
08-29-2008 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.