Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East Bust/Surprise Team Predictions
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Big East Bust/Surprise Team Predictions
Surprise Team: Syracuse...they seem to be jelling, still question marks but the Run game and DL, LB look to be better

Bust Team: UConn...their luck will run out...still a bowl team at 7-5 or maybe 6-6
08-20-2008 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
RE: Big East Bust/Surprise Team Predictions
Surprise: West Virginia. Because Herbstreit thinks they're 18th and I think they win the national title.

Bust: Pitt, Rutgers, and/or USF
08-20-2008 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Surprise Team... Loiusville. most don't expect much. I think they win 6-7 games which would be a surprise to most.

Bust Team WVU they ranked 8th. Only return 4 on the defensive side, on offense they lose Reynauld, Slaton, and Schmitt. Too much to lose in a competitive conference. 8-4 seems to be a realistic year of the Mountaineers.
08-20-2008 04:33 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
None of the prognosticators ever think WVU will be better than 18th. They've always thought that. It doesn't surprise me at all.

My bust team: the Ohio State University The Suckeyes get to fall on their face early this year... 03-lmfao

My surprise pick: TV annoucers are going to be shown as homers again, when the Mountaineers roll all over their favorite teams, just like happened in the Fiesta Bowl. It was so obvious that the announcers were pulling for Oklahoma. I loved seeing 'em eat their words.

I'm going to get to enjoy it again... 04-rock
08-20-2008 06:07 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Last time I checked tOSU is not in the Big East
08-20-2008 06:25 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I don't make predictions of that nature. I only predict what I see. I can't see The BEast, just games here and there. Intuitive insights are where you find them...
08-20-2008 07:03 PM
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
my pick for a surprise is rutgers with a healthy mike teel, a good offensive line, solid defense, great wide receivers, and talented but inexperienced depth at rb they can make a legitimate run at a big east championship and they should pull off a minor upset against cinci and beat uconn and louisville, at worst making them a strong number 4 team in the conference.

my pick for bust is uconn. i think uconn will be about the same as last year, but i think their offense remains a little too one-dimensional and the rest of the teams are really going to improve. they'll most likely upset at least one team but will lose against just about everybody else aside from syracuse.
08-20-2008 07:52 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
Surprise: UConn

Bust: Rutgers/Pitt
08-20-2008 09:09 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
uconnbaseball Wrote:Surprise: UConn

Bust: Rutgers/Pitt

03-lmfao
08-21-2008 10:18 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
UL could definitely be the surprise of the league. There is some talent left, and with their schedule, 8-4, 9-3 is not unthinkable. Pitt may be good this year, but there’s no surprise about it, since I’ve seen them almost universally picked 3rd. I would have considered UC a surprise, but predictions are really all over the place, ranging from 2nd to 8th. I guess if they win the league, that would be a true surprise.

My bust would be USF, not because I think they won’t be good. But, I’ve seen quite a few publications chew on the possibility of them rolling into Morgantown undefeated. I could just as easily see them 8-3 at that point. They’ll have a good Kansas team to deal with, and a potentially sneaky roadie at NC State. Plus, they’ll have a late October trip to UL and UC that could get a bit chilly. BUT, if they are undefeated on Dec. 6, they’ll certainly have earned it.
08-21-2008 10:37 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
UConn is my surprise team, since I expect them to be good and it seems as though everyone else predicts them to fall to the back of the pack.

Pitt is my bust...have been for 3 years running...
08-21-2008 12:00 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Quote:My bust team: the Ohio State University The Suckeyes get to fall on their face early this year... 03-lmfao

I don't believe it. They may lose to USC, but the B10 is terrible again this year. They will run the conference schedule and probably make the title game for the 3rd year in a row.

You must remember they return everyone that mattered on offense last year, and their defense will probably be better than it was last season. They'll be strong again...
08-21-2008 12:05 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I agree MLB. The Big 11 is even worse than it was last year. OSU will easily own it.
08-21-2008 12:12 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I know they'll win the Big Ten. But they'll get blown out in the BCS Championship again, if they get a bid, and they'll get stomped @ USC. I don't know if they get another BCS Championship bid after getting beaten soundly by the Trojans, which is going to happen.
08-21-2008 01:57 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
bitcruncher Wrote:I know they'll win the Big Ten. But they'll get blown out in the BCS Championship again, if they get a bid, and they'll get stomped @ USC. I don't know if they get another BCS Championship bid after getting beaten soundly by the Trojans, which is going to happen.

I agree. No way if they get blown out by USC they get a title shot. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois beats Ohio St anyways.
08-21-2008 02:54 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I picked Illinois to win the Big Ten in one poll that was being run on either ESPN or FOXsports. I don't remember which, but I do remember voting for Illinois.

Imagine that. Me and animus both agreeing with one another. The end of the world is nigh... 04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2008 06:37 PM by bitcruncher.)
08-21-2008 06:36 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
well there is always tomorrow there bit 05-mafia

but again, DAMNIT, bit is correct I also am picking Illinios to win the Big 10 just to get squashed in the Rose Bowl.
08-21-2008 09:13 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Quit agreeing with me, or I'm going to come over there and slap you sillier than you already are... 03-hissyfit
08-22-2008 06:30 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Illinois lost Mendenhall, and everyone will just spy on the Juice. I don't expect them to win the B10 this year. In actuality they shouldn't have won last year, Tressel screwed up by not challenging the fumble in the first half which quite possibly cost them the game.
08-22-2008 07:42 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

True. But he didn't, and them's the breaks. I think the Illini have a couple new wrinkles up their sleeve. We'll find out more shortly...
08-22-2008 08:41 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.