Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Greg Norman is GOD!
Bookmark and Share
memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Greg Norman is GOD!
He will extinguish the demons and be set free!!!
07-18-2008 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
RE: Greg Norman is GOD!
What deamons might he extinguish?
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2008 12:14 PM by uofmcamaro.)
07-18-2008 12:07 PM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Didn't he just marry Chris Evert?
07-18-2008 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stammers Offline
Legend

Out of all the athletes/entertainers that I have met; Greg Norman is easily the biggest a$$hole of the whole bunch. I have been in the same room with him at least a dozen times in different settings, and every single person that I know that has come in contact with him has had the same impression that I have.
07-18-2008 01:19 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Derby, yes the Shark did, in fact, marry Miss Evert.

And, at the risk of jinxing everything: GOD BLESS DAVID DUVAL!
07-18-2008 01:22 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
David Duval has always been my favorite golfer. I have no clue why, but he has. I loved it at the Ryder Cup back in 99' when there was a article slaming him for calling it just a "exhabition" and then he kicked some serious butt on Sunday. He was obviously pumped up and it was awesome!
07-18-2008 01:26 PM
Advertisement

GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
uofmcamaro Wrote:David Duval has always been my favorite golfer. I have no clue why, but he has. I loved it at the Ryder Cup back in 99' when there was a article slaming him for calling it just a "exhabition" and then he kicked some serious butt on Sunday. He was obviously pumped up and it was awesome!

What makes Duval such a cool guy is that he keeps his family life and golf life in proper balance...a terrific role model for many athletes to emulate.
07-18-2008 01:28 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
Stammers Wrote:Out of all the athletes/entertainers that I have met; Greg Norman is easily the biggest a$$hole of the whole bunch. I have been in the same room with him at least a dozen times in different settings, and every single person that I know that has come in contact with him has had the same impression that I have.

I've had the opportunity to meet him and found him to be just the opposite. A neighbor of mine works for Bell Helicopter and when Norman's customized Bell was completed I was able to sneak into the little ceremony. I found him to be very cordial and likeable, but I will say that his personna definitely fills up the room. Some may perceive that personna as being an a-hole, but stars are like that. They suck up all the oxygen in the room and all the attention is given to them. And they'll take what they are given.

I'd love to see him win the Open for all us "contemporaries" out here.
07-18-2008 03:37 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
Stammers Wrote:Out of all the athletes/entertainers that I have met; Greg Norman is easily the biggest a$$hole of the whole bunch. I have been in the same room with him at least a dozen times in different settings, and every single person that I know that has come in contact with him has had the same impression that I have.

I agree with this comment 100 percent. I've worked out at Southwind in the past, and attended a many FESJC/SSJC golf tournaments, and most of the golfers I've been in contact with were pretty cool. The four or five times I've seen Norman. He was an ahole every single time to employees, fans, etc...
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2008 04:03 PM by UMTiger02.)
07-18-2008 04:02 PM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
I'm sure Norman is a major league @$$hole, but have any of y'all ever met Willie Mays? What a miserable human being.
07-18-2008 05:55 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Most of the tour pros that come to Memphis are jackasses. Robert Allenby is the worst. Shawn Micheel, Tim Herron and Kirk Triplett are down to earth but most of the rest are a bunch of primodonnas
07-18-2008 06:47 PM
Advertisement

TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
I caught Willie at a card show once back in the days when players like him were getting $30,000 for a three hour show, and I remember wondering what the hell happened to him to make him so bitter about life.

I also met Norman at a party when he was leading the tournament here. He introduced himself. "Hi. I'm the leader."
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2008 07:04 PM by TiggerFan.)
07-18-2008 06:58 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
Rasheed Wallace told me one time "I don't sign autographs for your type". I'm a caucasion twenty something male...........He would be on my list of miserable sports celebrities. Meanwhile Hank Aaron was one of the nicest people I've ever met.
07-18-2008 10:40 PM
The Dave Avenger Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Tigers
Norman is the only player in history to lose all four majors in a playoff. Two when his opponent chipped in for birdie.
07-18-2008 10:47 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

RationalRebel Wrote:I'm sure Norman is a major league @$$hole, but have any of y'all ever met Willie Mays? What a miserable human being.
Wow, is Mays playing the British Open?
07-18-2008 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eastendtiger Offline
All American

Derby Wrote:Didn't he just marry Chris Evert?
I believe it's been forever ago when him and Chris tied the knott....
07-18-2008 11:11 PM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
TiggerFan Wrote:I caught Willie at a card show once back in the days when players like him were getting $30,000 for a three hour show, and I remember wondering what the hell happened to him to make him so bitter about life.

I also met Norman at a party when he was leading the tournament here. He introduced himself. "Hi. I'm the leader."
Was he fit-shased? Sounds like something a drunk person would say.
07-19-2008 12:26 AM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
TiggerFan Wrote:I caught Willie at a card show once back in the days when players like him were getting $30,000 for a three hour show, and I remember wondering what the hell happened to him to make him so bitter about life.

From what I've seen and what I've read, I think it boils down to two things. One, he's jealous of all the money the guys make these days. Two, he's a bonafide racist.

EDIT to note the above is about Mays, not Norman. But I guess we can assume Norman fits both those criteria. Doesn't seem like he'd have too many defenders.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2008 12:09 PM by RationalRebel.)
07-19-2008 12:26 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

RationalRebel Wrote:

From what I've seen and what I've read, I think it boils down to two things. One, he's jealous of all the money the guys make these days. Two, he's a bonafide racist.

His ex wife's settlement was for $180 million.
07-19-2008 03:49 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Stammers Wrote:
RationalRebel Wrote:

His ex wife's settlement was for $180 million.

Anyone got her number? 03-drunk
07-19-2008 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.