UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Legion Field section 9 or 12?
oldblazer79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: my kids, UAB
Legion Field section 9 or 12?
received an e-mail from the ticket office today in regards to my football season tix. I received the option of section 9 or 12, at any level. I've always liked rows 20-30 in LF. Is there a predominant Blazertalk section between the two?

what say you Blazertalkers?
07-08-2008 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Legion Field section 9 or 12?
There are a bunch of Blazertalkers who sit in nine. Home of our four seats, halfway up with our backs to the wall in front of the aisle.
07-08-2008 07:31 PM
IM4UAB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Lots of great folks sit around my family in section 9 rows 25-30. We have had our seats for several years now.
07-08-2008 09:20 PM
BlazerCPA1 Offline
Special Teams

UAB Band Dad Wrote:There are a bunch of Blazertalkers who sit in nine. Home of our four seats, halfway up with our backs to the wall in front of the aisle.

The wife, the little Blazer and I sit about 10 rows up from you guys, on the edge of 9. Same seats for 6 years.
07-09-2008 09:18 AM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
The gap between 9 & 12 is the midfield seats covered by those Stadium Certificates I've mentioned before. Those 2,000 seats on both sides (sections 10 & 11 in the west stands and the corresponding midfield two sections in the east stands) are held by the Park Board for ALL FB games until the week of each game for those who hold those "SCs". Anyone can then buy them if unclaimed by the prior Monday for each Saturday game. The "Gold Seats" are also covered in a similar way.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2008 12:13 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
07-09-2008 12:12 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

BlazerCPA1 Wrote:
UAB Band Dad Wrote:There are a bunch of Blazertalkers who sit in nine. Home of our four seats, halfway up with our backs to the wall in front of the aisle.

The wife, the little Blazer and I sit about 10 rows up from you guys, on the edge of 9. Same seats for 6 years.

Yeah, we've been there forever. The seats on row 31 with the wall behind them forming a seat back are high demand items and don't come open often. Any time we stay long at the tailgate and get to the pregame a little late we have to throw squatters out of them. As a bonus we sit with Tom Stallings. Please believe me when I tell you that its never boring when you sit with Tom.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2008 12:32 PM by UAB Band Dad.)
07-09-2008 12:30 PM
BlazerCPA1 Offline
Special Teams

UAB Band Dad Wrote:
BlazerCPA1 Wrote:

Yeah, we've been there forever. The seats on row 31 with the wall behind them forming a seat back are high demand items and don't come open often. Any time we stay long at the tailgate and get to the pregame a little late we have to throw squatters out of them. As a bonus we sit with Tom Stallings. Please believe me when I tell you that its never boring when you sit with Tom.

I've seen you throwing out the squatters and the wife and I get a big kick out of Tom. We love the flag waving and the cheering. One of my favorite UAB sports memories is Tom standing on the concrete wall at UGA when we were up in the 3rd qtr in 2003, leading us UAB fans in the U-A-B chant. The 200 or so UAB fans were louder than the 92,000 UGA fans and Tom was doing a much better job than our cheerleaders!
07-09-2008 12:45 PM
Advertisement

blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:The gap between 9 & 12 is the midfield seats covered by those Stadium Certificates I've mentioned before. Those 2,000 seats on both sides (sections 10 & 11 in the west stands and the corresponding midfield two sections in the east stands) are held by the Park Board for ALL FB games until the week of each game for those who hold those "SCs". Anyone can then buy them if unclaimed by the prior Monday for each Saturday game. The "Gold Seats" are also covered in a similar way.
I've always wondered if they were still doing those. I used to know someone who's father had 2 of those & all he had to do was renew them each yr for about $25 but it was back when UAT & the Iron Bowl were played here. My tickets are just above the gold box seats in sec 10 row 50. I used to have mine on the east side until I got tired of the drunk obnoxious Mem fans (not all of them are that way thankfully) & found friendlier grounds.
07-09-2008 04:49 PM
BlazerRob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
Section 9!

Section 12 is a bit more, shall we say, genteel.
Section 9 is where the cheer "Fire Wayne Bolt" was started. Need I say more?
07-09-2008 09:29 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I'm a couple of rows in front of Band Dad and I can testify to the entertainment factor of Tam Stallings. Of course, one should not get me fired up either.
07-09-2008 09:40 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

BlazerRob Wrote:Section 9!

Yeah, I know. We started it.

Never admitted that before... Tom was doing it by mid fourth quarter and I kept shushing him, and then the bottom fell out at the end of the game and it broke out in earnest.

I can't say I'm real proud about it, but I guess now it can be told.
07-09-2008 09:54 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
blazerwkr Wrote:
BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:The gap between 9 & 12 is the midfield seats covered by those Stadium Certificates I've mentioned before. Those 2,000 seats on both sides (sections 10 & 11 in the west stands and the corresponding midfield two sections in the east stands) are held by the Park Board for ALL FB games until the week of each game for those who hold those "SCs". Anyone can then buy them if unclaimed by the prior Monday for each Saturday game. The "Gold Seats" are also covered in a similar way.
I've always wondered if they were still doing those. I used to know someone who's father had 2 of those & all he had to do was renew them each yr for about $25 but it was back when UAT & the Iron Bowl were played here. My tickets are just above the gold box seats in sec 10 row 50. I used to have mine on the east side until I got tired of the drunk obnoxious Mem fans (not all of them are that way thankfully) & found friendlier grounds.
According to the Park Board source who answered my inquiry, the "SCs" are perpetual as there is no time limit or repurchase provisions. They are good FOREVER as long as a football game of ANY kind is played by anyone at Legion Field. I have always credited the "SCs" for keeping the NFL away from B'ham (no owner is going to forego over 5,000 of the best seats for season tickets) and assuring that when Steve Sloan set up the "Tide Pride" program, Bama's time for playing home games at Legion field was almost over. Multiply a premium of- -say $2,000 per seat-- times just over 5,000 seats and you can see why they no longer play here. The "scary neighborhood" and recruiting problems were just good covers for making an easy economic decision. No AD is his "right mind" is going to forfeit over $1 million per game every year to make the SC holders happy.
07-09-2008 11:41 PM
BlazerRob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
UAB Band Dad Wrote:
BlazerRob Wrote:Section 9!

Yeah, I know. We started it.

Never admitted that before... Tom was doing it by mid fourth quarter and I kept shushing him, and then the bottom fell out at the end of the game and it broke out in earnest.

I can't say I'm real proud about it, but I guess now it can be told.

I'm not sure that getting rid of Bolt helped the Defense that much either but calling for his removal did help the morale of some of our demoralized fans.
07-10-2008 08:31 AM
Advertisement

MC Blazer Offline
Grand Dragon of Detroit

BlazerTalk AwardDonators
Bolt was bad and seemingly unmotivated. That said, I'm not sure how much of the problem was Bolt and how much was Zero. Either way, most college coaches are well paid professionals, and should be able to take some criticism (at least it should motivate them). The debacle at Tulane was a simple lack of preparation and an uncooperative HC/OC. Both should have been booed.

What I consider off-limits is booing the college players.
07-10-2008 08:41 AM
BlazrDawg Online
Heisman

Section 9 , Row 42 as I recall,, got 4 on the aisle. great vistas from up there. Blazer Jay sits in front of us
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2008 09:16 AM by BlazrDawg.)
07-10-2008 09:15 AM
oldblazer79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: my kids, UAB
thanks for everyone's input.
requested and received tix in sec. 9
placed in row 25 seats 12-15

see you at the games.
07-11-2008 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.