Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

lab/collie mix FREE to good home
Bookmark and Share
TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
lab/collie mix FREE to good home
I need to find a home for Katy, my 1 1/2 year old black lab/collie mix.

Katy's very sweet. She needs attention and regular walks. She has hip dysplasia but responds well to walks every day/every other day.

She's been spayed and is current on her shots. We have her on Frontline & Sentinel for preventive flea, tick, and heartworm treatment.

She's been an indoor dog since we got her, but I think she'd enjoy being an outdoor dog on a farm with other young dogs.

Pic below:

[Image: 100_2380-1.jpg]
07-07-2008 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: lab/collie mix FREE to good home
I have a Golden about her age. Any idea how she gets along with other dogs? What about cats? I have 9! Not promising or anything, but I will discuss it with my wife. Don't get your hopes too high. We just had a similar dog that climbed our 5' fence and never returned. My wife was heartbroken and I'm not sure she's quite ready for another pet. I'm in the country with 5 acres and a big pool, so if it works with the wife.......................
07-08-2008 06:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

I Root For: Memphis TIGERS
MissJ can't adopt anymore or they will arrest her for having a puppy mill
07-08-2008 11:27 AM
kapalf1865 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
How can you go and just give your dog away no matter the circumstances surrounding the situation? When you decide to bring in a dog or any animal you are accepting to care for it and provide for it until the animal meets the end of it's days.

My pets are part of the family and when I decided to take them in I knew on the front end that meant taking care of them no matter the circumstance. I would give up my boat, car, house, etc, etc before just giving up a pet.

Would you also go and give your son or daughter away because times got rough or life through a curveball at you?
07-08-2008 11:38 AM
Phillip26r Offline
Deceptively Slow

I Root For: wile e coyote
kapalf1865 Wrote:How can you go and just give your dog away no matter the circumstances surrounding the situation? When you decide to bring in a dog or any animal you are accepting to care for it and provide for it until the animal meets the end of it's days.

My pets are part of the family and when I decided to take them in I knew on the front end that meant taking care of them no matter the circumstance. I would give up my boat, car, house, etc, etc before just giving up a pet.

Would you also go and give your son or daughter away because times got rough or life through a curveball at you?

wow

We had a dog in the house when my first son was born. After just a few days in the house, my son started sneezing and coughing all the time. We found out after a week or two that he was allergic to the dog. Now the dog was very much a part of our family, but we gave him away to someone that would keep him inside as he had been an inside dog for all of his 6 years. Circumstances dictate life changes, my friend. Even if it means finding another good home for a pet.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 11:50 AM by Phillip26r.)
07-08-2008 11:41 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
supertiger Wrote:MissJ can't adopt anymore or they will arrest her for having a puppy mill

true....but I sure wish I could. 03-weeping
07-08-2008 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
kapalf1865 Wrote:How can you go and just give your dog away no matter the circumstances surrounding the situation? When you decide to bring in a dog or any animal you are accepting to care for it and provide for it until the animal meets the end of it's days.

It's a dog. Not a person. Quite frankly, you have no clue what his motivation may be. He may have found out that one of his kids is deathly allergic.....would it be ok then?
07-08-2008 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

Chi-Town Wrote:

It's a dog. Not a person. Quite frankly, you have no clue what his motivation may be. He may have found out that one of his kids is deathly allergic.....would it be ok then?

I had really bad allergies when I was child that forced my parents to give away a dog and cat. I'd say a child's health is much more important than a dog or cat. Unfortunately for animals, human life is much more important than any animal.
07-08-2008 11:53 AM
kapalf1865 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
They make medicine to assist with pet allergies. People allergic to dogs or cats live with them everyday by taking prescription or over the counter medicine to help fight the allergies.

I have to disagree with you in that I do not believe all human life is more important than any animal especially today.

When was the last time you heard of an animal breaking into someone's home or gunning someone down?

I would save my animals ten times over before I would save a majority of the people in society today.
07-08-2008 12:02 PM
tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
CrappiesCrappiesDonators
I understand where your coming from and I know lots of animals that are more human than some of the nuts we have roaming around Memphis.
That said, TigerTwice is a nice guy who obviously has spent and is spending a lot of money to keep this pet up and I assure you that he has a good reason to let her go.
Maybe before you attack so hard, you should spend a little more time on here and get to know some people.
It will keep you from having to say you sorry.
If you feel the need to , you could PM him and inquire about his reasons although after what you have said, might want to hold off on that.
Maybe you know someone who could take this well cared for dog.
Go Tigers!
07-08-2008 12:10 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
kapalf1865 Wrote:They make medicine to assist with pet allergies. People allergic to dogs or cats live with them everyday by taking prescription or over the counter medicine to help fight the allergies.

I have to disagree with you in that I do not believe all human life is more important than any animal especially today.

When was the last time you heard of an animal breaking into someone's home or gunning someone down?

I would save my animals ten times over before I would save a majority of the people in society today.

Just curious, but do you belong to PETA? I'm sure they could use dedicated individuals such as you.
07-08-2008 12:10 PM
Advertisement

mphstiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
wow, someone stepped over the line. yes, maybe you should spend more time here before you go off on a rant like that!!

tiger, she is beautiful. i will ask around. grizz, good luck, she looks like she would be a great addition!!
07-08-2008 12:14 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
kapalf1865 Wrote:They make medicine to assist with pet allergies. People allergic to dogs or cats live with them everyday by taking prescription or over the counter medicine to help fight the allergies.

we think alike...that's a scary thing...you realize that, right ?

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart
in all the world is more grateful for kindness
than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should
lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly
teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music,
as you must know by the fierce wagging
of my tail when your footstep falls on my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside...for I am now a
domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements...
and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet
beside the hearth...for you are my god, and I am your devoted worshipper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry.
I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well,
to romp and play and do your bidding to walk by your side,
and stand ready, willing and able to protect you
with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or
sight,
do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands
grant me
the merciful bounty of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last
breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Remember me not with tearful eyes...but instead with an abounding heart.
Should you choose to fill my bed, feel no guilt,
you have not betrayed me. Love another as you always loved me...
and they too will love you as I always have.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 12:39 PM by missjtiger.)
07-08-2008 12:16 PM
Phillip26r Offline
Deceptively Slow

So I was supposed to have given my 2 week old son benadryl so I could keep the dog around? bull****.

You paint with too broad a brush.
07-08-2008 12:23 PM
supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

Phillip26r Wrote:

So I was supposed to have given my 2 week old son benadryl so I could keep the dog around? bull****.

You paint with too broad a brush.

I had to take shots for close to ten years just to be able to breath without animals. I like breathing so I don't do animals in the house. I can and did have a poodle for 14 years that never gave me any problems.
07-08-2008 12:26 PM
tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

CrappiesCrappiesDonators
I believe this is a good example that you can go overboard on any issue regardless of how good your intentions are.
I don't think Kapalf1865 meant TigerTwice any harm he just is emotional on the subject.
Lord knows I have done that too but maybe we can all learn a lesson here.
Of course, I will forget it. lol
Go Tigers!
07-08-2008 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Phillip26r Offline
Deceptively Slow

I guess my thing is I saw my 2 week old asthmatic son struggling to breathe while the dog was in the house. It was an easy decision for me, in fact I don't even remember deliberating about it. I know I did the right thing because my son's breathing got better almost immediately and the dog lived another happy 6 years.
07-08-2008 12:34 PM
kapalf1865 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Tigerloyal,

I have been on this board since 2004 and read it daily just do not post much. Again I do not know or care the circumstance or issue. Taking on a pet is like adopting a child. You can't just give it up if life throws you a curveball. This is the second or third time in the past few days people are giving away or found abandoned pets, so this is not entirely directed at TigerTwice. I just do not understand why or how some people can just give up a pet. If I posted a message on here saying need a good home for my 2 year old, would anyone have an issue with it?

mphstiger79,

Please look at the registration date of a member before making a statement like this. I have been here since 2004 read the board daily and now lots of the members personally. How exactly did I step over the line?

Miss J,

I guess some people will never understand. I would prefer to spend the day with my pet than 95 percent of the people in this world.
07-08-2008 12:40 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
kapalf1865 Wrote:Tigerloyal,

I have been on this board since 2004 and read it daily just do not post much. Again I do not know or care the circumstance or issue. Taking on a pet is like adopting a child. You can't just give it up if life throws you a curveball. This is the second or third time in the past few days people are giving away or found abandoned pets, so this is not entirely directed at TigerTwice. I just do not understand why or how some people can just give up a pet. If I posted a message on here saying need a good home for my 2 year old, would anyone have an issue with it?

mphstiger79,

Please look at the registration date of a member before making a statement like this. I have been here since 2004 read the board daily and now lots of the members personally. How exactly did I step over the line?

Miss J,

I guess some people will never understand. I would prefer to spend the day with my pet than 95 percent of the people in this world.

I hear ya and unfortunately agree.
07-08-2008 12:48 PM
tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

CrappiesCrappiesDonators
Sorry for asuming that if you knew Tigertwice you would not have attacked him as you did.
It is a troublesome situation, I agree, but I am sure it is for Tigertwice also.
To suggest anything different is mean spirited, in my book.

By the way, I love dogs as I am sure you know since your on this board a lot reading.
I am not in anyway happy about this one and the fact its losing its home.
You don't own the patent on loving animals I assure you.
I just felt the need to defend TT which is silly.
He's a big boy, he can do himself if he even thinks its worth his time.
Now rail on.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 01:08 PM by tigerloyal.)
07-08-2008 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.