Open TigerLinks

Lab Mix Puppy & Momma?
Bookmark and Share
99TgrAlum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M/Mets

Donators
Lab Mix Puppy & Momma?
Last week, someone dropped off a Lab mix momma & her male pup (about 8 wks old) at my hub's work. By the time he had gotten there, someone had already called the shelter to come & get them. It broke my hub's heart.

Well, as you guessed it, no one has called & claimed them. My dh & I went down to the shelter and said we would adopt them. However, we can't keep them, but we can't have put to sleep either. 03-weeping We live in a zero lot line house with no fence. Inside, we already have a rat terrier in complete heart failure, a cat with diabetes, another cat with low thyroid, and a new kitten. We don't have any room for 2 labs.

Are there any Tiger fans & animal lovers out there that can give these 2 lil ones a safe & loving home? Or at least foster them for a while? My hub & I are willing to pay their adoption fees. They are in good health and will have all the extras that the shelter does before an adoption occurs.

If you are interested, just pm me. Thank you!
07-07-2008 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Lab Mix Puppy & Momma?
Someone please get these dogs out of their house before they catch some awful disease.
07-07-2008 08:59 PM
99TgrAlum Offline
Special Teams

Donators
mphsfan Wrote:Someone please get these dogs out of their house before they catch some awful disease.

Not very funny! 05-mafia

On a serious note, our new kitty does have dang good pet insurance! 04-cheers
07-07-2008 09:02 PM
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
99TgrAlum Wrote:
mphsfan Wrote:Someone please get these dogs out of their house before they catch some awful disease.

Not very funny! 05-mafia

On a serious note, our new kitty does have dang good pet insurance! 04-cheers

It was pretty funny and you know it. I wish I could help, but I'm too far away. I hate a story like this. I'm not a fanatic like dog lady, but I am an animal lover.
07-07-2008 09:16 PM
99TgrAlum Offline
Special Teams

Donators
Thanks, GT! I always knew you had a soft heart! 03-shhhh

Btw, folks, I forgot to mention that we have temporarily named the "babies". The momma's name is Rose, and the baby's name is Dorsey. What do y'all think?
07-07-2008 09:27 PM
Advertisement

TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
I would love to help, but I already have 5 dogs. You are doing a great thing though and I hope you can find a home for them.
07-08-2008 08:50 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
99TgrAlum Wrote:Last week, someone dropped off a Lab mix momma & her male pup (about 8 wks old) at my hub's work. By the time he had gotten there, someone had already called the shelter to come & get them. It broke my hub's heart.

Well, as you guessed it, no one has called & claimed them. My dh & I went down to the shelter and said we would adopt them. However, we can't keep them, but we can't have put to sleep either. 03-weeping We live in a zero lot line house with no fence. Inside, we already have a rat terrier in complete heart failure, a cat with diabetes, another cat with low thyroid, and a new kitten. We don't have any room for 2 labs.

Are there any Tiger fans & animal lovers out there that can give these 2 lil ones a safe & loving home? Or at least foster them for a while? My hub & I are willing to pay their adoption fees. They are in good health and will have all the extras that the shelter does before an adoption occurs.

If you are interested, just pm me. Thank you!

man...I sure wish I could take them both !! Bless you and your hubby for making a difference.

[Image: animals.jpg]
07-08-2008 09:07 AM
Advertisement

99TgrAlum Offline
Special Teams

Donators
I am sorry to say that we got some bad news this morning. The shelter called to tell us that the babies are sick. They believe that they have contracted Distemper while in the shelter. Now, they have to be put to sleep immediately. My hub & I are devastated!

Thank you.
07-08-2008 11:18 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
This makes me so sad. Thanks for trying. :ncaabbs:
07-08-2008 01:47 PM
Advertisement

mphstiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
awwww that is awful. that same thing happened to me. i was given a puppy and it had gotten distemper just before it was given to me, it wasn't known at the time. it was so hard to put that lil puppy down...poor snowflake. i will promise you that putting them down right now is best, you don't want to see what those poor dogs will go through.
07-08-2008 01:51 PM
TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
People need to get their f'in dogs spayed or neutered. Bob Barker's been right all along.
07-11-2008 12:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.