Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USF news
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
USF news
FRom the St Pete Times on information given out at the Around the Horns coaches tour in our state.

Big points:
two and half years ago USF had THREE "Iron Bulls" donors of $10k a year it has now grown to 94.

Season ticket renewals at a 90% rate and they have added 5,000 new season tickets already.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/
07-01-2008 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: USF news
For those counting at home:

Our final season tickets tally last year was around 22K.

If 90% renewed that would equal:~ 19,800 season tix

Add 5,000 new tickets and USF is a little under 25K season tickets.

It's a big step for USF, and shows that the core fanbase is growing.

Attendance wise that means, that USF will average at least 35K fans (season tix & Students) next year even before any additional season tickets are sold during the traditionally busy August season tickets blitz or game day walk up sales.

25K season tickets
12K students tickets
10K walk-up sales//visiting fans//USF fans who don't have season tickets//giveaways//special 2-3 game ticket packages//Fireman appreciation day etc...
--------------------
47K attendance +/- 5K fans depending on the opponent. If USF has similar success as they had in 2007 it could be another MONSTER year in attendance (and $$$) for the Bulls.

That is not too shabby considering that the program has been Division I-A less than 10 years.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2008 10:50 AM by CyberBull.)
07-01-2008 12:19 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Congrats to USF 04-bow
07-01-2008 12:26 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think if we are winning we will break last years mark of 50k avg and thats without UCF or WV on our home schedule.
Its what I have been telling everyone USF needs to develop a fan base that will show no matter the opponent. It serves no purpose to schedule agame with UCF just to get some Knight fans to show up. We need to develop the homgrown fan and its obviously working.
This year will be a breaktrough year for the Bulls, on the field, in the stands, recruiting and $$$$$.
07-01-2008 12:44 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF
Congrats...those are strong numbers. I'm sure if USF continues to win in '08 those #'s will keep climbing.

Think the Thursday night game vs. Pittsburgh will be a tough sell? I'm guessing not because it's your conference opener.

I won't even debate whether or not the UCF/USF series should continue...we get one more shot at you in September and then whatever happens, happens!
07-01-2008 01:17 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
That's great news.....UC's next level for season ticket holders is in that range! This year we may be close after the corporate season tickets kick in.
07-01-2008 08:13 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's good to see someone challenging West Virginia for the attendance lead. It shouldn't be difficult for USF (or several other schools in the conference). USF has more people within a 50 mile radius of RJS than there are in entire State of West Virginia.
07-02-2008 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
bit
There are also more sports teams competing for your dollars and attention. In WV, Mountaneers football has been ingrained s the thing to do on a saturday. Thats not the case in Tampa and its vicinity.
07-02-2008 08:49 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It will be. Just give it time. 04-cheers
07-02-2008 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
It has gotten better as those numbers prove and I think in the next three years USF games could be sell outs on most cases and avg 60k+

This year will be huge because as i have said mny times this is the deepest and most talented USF team in its history so BIG things are expected of them and this could be the year USF moves to higher level in our state and nationally.
07-02-2008 09:20 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If the Bulls start out hot, they could average more than anticipated this year.
07-02-2008 09:30 AM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Cubanbull Wrote:It serves no purpose to schedule agame with UCF just to get some Knight fans to show up. We need to develop the homgrown fan and its obviously working.

Well….to play Devil’s advocate, it was more than just “some”. I understand and defend the ‘football’ logic behind scheduling a program like WKU, but from a pure business point of view it makes sense to play a team like UCiF at home because it’s a guaranteed sell out. Heck….I’d rather play FAMU b/c their band is worth the price admission by itself! It will also help draw fans.
07-02-2008 10:35 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I understand the whole thing about playing UCF Cyber.
My point is that USF winning and attracting its own fans is more important in the long un than playing a specific team.
It does more in the long run for USF football to get 50K fans that are there to see USF play than getting 10k more of other schools fans that are NOT coming back for another game.

Look at UF and others that have a packed stadium no matter who the opponent is, thats what USF needs to get to and WINNING will do more for that than playing FAMU or UCF.
07-02-2008 10:44 AM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Cuban -- it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. That is, there is nothing that says that USF can't get 50-55K fans to watch USF football AND at the same time enjoy the 10K extra butts in the seats a FAMU or UCiF would bring. It has nothing to do with UCiF. The extra 10K fans means extra revenues, which in today's tough economy could make a difference.

Eventually, USF is going to generate enough support and fanbase where the visiting team will only get a limited amount of seats. Until then lets continue growing the fanbase, but also take advantage of the excess capacity.
07-02-2008 08:30 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

We're playing Miami. No need to play UCF. UM will put just as many fans in seats (will bring out the more casual Tampa fan). We can consider playing UCF down the line, on our terms, if the deal is right, but as of now, it is not needed.
07-02-2008 10:18 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
a 1 for 1 once in a while would be okay, but no annual series.
07-02-2008 11:19 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

USFMike Wrote:a 1 for 1 once in a while would be okay, but no annual series.

I agree. I don't think USF needs to keep an annual series with them, but playing them every couple of years adds to the gate, keeps expenses down and its a fun game for both fanbases.
07-03-2008 02:50 PM
South Tampa Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I hope for the USF fans those number work out for you. I think it would be hard for almost any school to get 10,000 walk ups, that is a tough number. [/align]
07-03-2008 04:59 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
South Tampa Knight Wrote:I hope for the USF fans those number work out for you. I think it would be hard for almost any school to get 10,000 walk ups, that is a tough number. [/align]

Clearly that wasn't a problem for USF considering the attendance for the rest of their games last year.
07-03-2008 05:04 PM
South Tampa Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CatsClaw Wrote:
South Tampa Knight Wrote:I hope for the USF fans those number work out for you. I think it would be hard for almost any school to get 10,000 walk ups, that is a tough number. [/align]

Clearly that wasn't a problem for USF considering the attendance for the rest of their games last year.

Their sales were not walk ups, they were presold tickets. I can't think of a school in the country that can count on 10,000 walk ups.
07-03-2008 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.