Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More on Sklar McBee
Bookmark and Share
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
More on Sklar McBee
The Morristown newspaper (June 26) has a nice story on Skylar McBee..the Rutledge point guard is playing well in the Rocky Top League.. I believe he is one of 2 or 3 high schoolers invited to play in the league this summer.. he will be joining his AAU team on July 9th in Myrtle Beach..he plays for Midstate.. he says he has narrowed his college choices to UAB, Auburn, Belmont and ETSU.
06-27-2008 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: More on Sklar McBee
I watched him play in the Rocky Top league; I was very impressed with his skills.

I'll puke if he signs with Belmont.
06-27-2008 01:04 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Any time you see 2 big schools and 2 small schools listed, you can pretty much guess the two big schools have offered little, but some interest, and the two smaller schools are the ones that have the best shot. I'm guessing it comes down between us and Belmont. YUCK.
06-27-2008 02:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I understand the UAB offer is solid..Don't know about Auburn, this was first mention of their interest..I guess McBee's team did not play in Rocky Top League yesterday, but according to Knoxville paper, CP led his team (HT Group) with 31 points .. Tyler Smith had 23.. their team is still undefeated...
06-28-2008 09:36 AM
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
He sounds like a good prospect, but I'm he is probably a back-up for us at the moment. We are presently leading for Eric Bledsoe in B'ham, the #10 pg prospect in the country.
McBee would be a good pickup for whoever gets him.
06-28-2008 07:32 PM
Advertisement

bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I read that Bledsoe is going to Ole Miss????????
06-28-2008 09:31 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
There was a little discussion of McBee on one of the Knoxville sports talk shows this past week (Tony Basillio). Apparently he really wants to play for Pearl, this according to a family member, and he will do "what ever it takes to play for UT." So, maybe this means he would turn down offers to walk on at UT? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with him.
06-29-2008 12:19 PM
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
bucfan1968 Wrote:I read that Bledsoe is going to Ole Miss????????

That was the news we were reading as of about 2 weeks ago. However, in an article posted on Scout.com Friday, he now lists UAB leading Indiana and South Carolina. It also said that Ole Miss is no longer being considered. It sounds like, if he signs with us, we will also sign his teammate Daniels. Bledsoe also been playing pickup games daily with our returning players, along with Stanley Robinson (UCONN) and Armon Bassett (Indiana). We're hoping to sign all three of these along with Ari Stewart, the #6 SF in 2009 ranking.
Good luck to ya'll this year.
06-29-2008 01:45 PM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:There was a little discussion of McBee on one of the Knoxville sports talk shows this past week (Tony Basillio). Apparently he really wants to play for Pearl, this according to a family member, and he will do "what ever it takes to play for UT." So, maybe this means he would turn down offers to walk on at UT? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with him.
06-29-2008 03:20 PM
Advertisement

bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

The Morristown paper reporter quoted Sklar himself on what he said was his 4 choices of schools (not a relative).. but..he has grown up just 30 miles from Knoxville and probably is a Vol fan..Remember it worked out well for JaJuan Smith, ETSU was the only D-1 school that offered him and he decided to walk on at UT instead..He became an all SEC guard and big time star in Knoxville..he was much better than the highly recruited guards on the team including the other Smith who was a high school all american, and was recently kicked off the team by Bruce Pearl..UT's two star guards under Pearl the last 3 years were kids signed by Buzz that were only offered by Mid Majors.. So we not only have to wait and see where McBee goes, but whether he would be just a backup to a top 10 high school star when he gets there.....
06-29-2008 03:41 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I'd really like to see him sign with us; however, I know the recruiting game and I know that this kid is weighing several factors. I fear that if it comes between us and Belmont--all things being equal--that he would pick Belmont based on their dominance of us and back-to-back trips to the NCAA tourney. I hope the somewhat local connection steers him our way.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2008 10:10 PM by Bucfaithful.)
06-29-2008 10:08 PM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
Bucfaithful Wrote:I'd really like to see him sign with us; however, I know the recruiting game and I know that this kid is weighing several factors. I fear that if it comes between us and Belmont--all things being equal--that he would pick Belmont based on their dominance of us and back-to-back trips to the NCAA tourney. I hope the somewhat local connection steers him our way.
Also have to consider the fact that if Adam Sollazzo emerges as the man at PG it will probably push McBee elsewhere.
06-30-2008 01:13 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
bucfan1968 Wrote:
etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:There was a little discussion of McBee on one of the Knoxville sports talk shows this past week (Tony Basillio). Apparently he really wants to play for Pearl, this according to a family member, and he will do "what ever it takes to play for UT." So, maybe this means he would turn down offers to walk on at UT? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with him.

I hope he goes somewhere besides ETSU. Reminds me of the cheerleader a few years ago that would always wear her Auburn sweatshirt to the games 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2008 05:43 AM by BucDoctor.)
06-30-2008 05:40 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
From what I have read about this kid he really isn't a PG much more of a shooting guard. I have seen him listed as a combo guard but I am pretty sure he starts at the 2 for his AAU team not the point. I don't have a problem with a 2 who can handle the ball if needed ala Pigram.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2008 07:48 AM by RodShaw2.)
06-30-2008 07:47 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

BucDoctor Wrote:Reminds me of the cheerleader a few years ago that would always wear her Auburn sweatshirt to the games

Please tell me that you're joking.
06-30-2008 08:19 AM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline

Maybe with Pigram, Brown and Hamlin all playing in the RTL with him, they can sway him to come here.
06-30-2008 09:16 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:Maybe with Pigram, Brown and Hamlin all playing in the RTL with him, they can sway him to come here.

Or the entire Tennessee roster plus several former players can sway him into walking on at UT.... Looks like he would be a nice get but still got to think size at some point.

R
06-30-2008 09:23 AM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline

True.

(I don't know of his family's financial situation, but I see him walking on at UT.)
06-30-2008 09:29 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
Bucfaithful Wrote:
BucDoctor Wrote:Reminds me of the cheerleader a few years ago that would always wear her Auburn sweatshirt to the games

Please tell me that you're joking.

Maybe I was a little harsh in saying always, but not at all joking. She wore an Auburn sweatshirt to the games over her ETSU uni and then took it off once she arrived at the dome.
06-30-2008 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.