Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The Mayo trade is a precursor to a Beasley deal
Bookmark and Share
jgardne Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
The Mayo trade is a precursor to a Beasley deal
It has to be. Mayo has already said he doesn't want to play in Memphis. The Heat want Mayo. This is part 1. It would only make sense
06-27-2008 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
RE: The Mayo trade is a precursor to a Beasley deal
Mayo will be fine when he sees his paycheck
06-27-2008 12:25 AM
IBleedBlue Offline
Something.

I Root For: TigrsBravesGriz
jgardne Wrote:It has to be. Mayo has already said he doesn't want to play in Memphis. The Heat want Mayo. This is part 1. It would only make sense

I heard him on Dougie Gottlieb's radio show yesterday saying he would love playing for Miami, Minnesota, Seattle, or Memphis. He just wants to get to the NBA and become a superstar...

But who knows, he could just be playing it politically correct.

Is playing for Minnesota thaaaat much better than playing for Memphis?
06-27-2008 12:35 AM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer has a live blog and he is at the Forum I'm thinking ........Damn this is exciting.

http://cmimemphis.com/grizblog/node/321#comment
06-27-2008 12:35 AM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators
If we end up with Beasley, I'll take back every rooten thing I've said about the grizzle over the last 6 hours.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 12:37 AM by MichiganTiger.)
06-27-2008 12:37 AM
IBleedBlue Offline
Something.

thanks for the link...man this crap is exciting...

As bad as everyone on this board wants the Griz to suck, I really want them to do good.

It does so many good things for this city if the Grizzlies are solid and have a strong presence in the community.
06-27-2008 12:40 AM
Advertisement

UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
I agree. I did my internship in media relations with the Grizz . There are some good people down there believe it or not. This is the most realisticly excited i've been since Tiger basketball season. I can't go to sleep. I've gotta see what happens next......
06-27-2008 12:45 AM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators
MichiganTiger Wrote:If we end up with Beasley, I'll take back every rooten thing I've said about the grizzle over the last 6 hours.

Me too. Except for the stuff about passing on CDR.
06-27-2008 12:47 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
Arthur and Mayo for Beasley, maybe? Maybe Lowry, now that Jaric is on board?
06-27-2008 12:47 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
MichiganTiger Wrote:If we end up with Beasley, I'll take back every rooten thing I've said about the grizzle over the last 6 hours.

Cosign...................well maybe not every.....
06-27-2008 12:54 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

IBleedBlue Wrote:thanks for the link...man this crap is exciting...

As bad as everyone on this board wants the Griz to suck, I really want them to do good.

It does so many good things for this city if the Grizzlies are solid and have a strong presence in the community.

See, this is where we disagree. I don't think many on here "WANT" the Griz to suck. They just "DO" and haven't done much to change that in several years.

I really rooted hard for the Griz , and still want to see them succeed. It's just too obvious that Heisley doesn't want to be here or be a winner.
06-27-2008 12:58 AM
Advertisement

OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
You may go back to hating the Griz. It looks like the Griz may not be dealing for Beasley.
06-27-2008 01:01 AM
IBleedBlue Offline
Something.

BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:

See, this is where we disagree. I don't think many on here "WANT" the Griz to suck. They just "DO" and haven't done much to change that in several years.

I really rooted hard for the Griz , and still want to see them succeed. It's just too obvious that Heisley doesn't want to be here or be a winner.

Yelling over and over that the Grizzlies are idiots, suck, and will never be good certainly doesn't show support for the Grizzlies.

I am doing my best by being optimistic with Chris Wallace.

Jerry West took some gambles and besides Hubie Brown, most of them failed. He didn't have the luck that he had in LA.

I know Mr. Wallace is a very smart man and there is a reason he is an NBA GM and we are not.

This time last year (well a few hours earlier last year) the Celtics were still a very bad team. A lot can happen between now and opening day.

If the Tigers were horrible, I would still do my best to support them and not undermine the program. I will do the same for the Grizzlies.

I am confident that they are doing everything possible to turn things around at Memphis.
06-27-2008 01:27 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

IBleedBlue Wrote:
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:

Yelling over and over that the Grizzlies are idiots, suck, and will never be good certainly doesn't show support for the Grizzlies.

I am doing my best by being optimistic with Chris Wallace.

Jerry West took some gambles and besides Hubie Brown, most of them failed. He didn't have the luck that he had in LA.

I know Mr. Wallace is a very smart man and there is a reason he is an NBA GM and we are not.

[size=x-large]This time last year (well a few hours earlier last year) the Celtics were still a very bad team.[/size] A lot can happen between now and opening day.

If the Tigers were horrible, I would still do my best to support them and not undermine the program. I will do the same for the Grizzlies.

I am confident that they are doing everything possible to turn things around at Memphis.

You do know who the Celtic GM was when they "sucked" don't you? Mysteriously, after he leaves the Celtics, they make some great moves within and they win the world title, and go down as one of the best teams ever. Hmmmmmmm.....

When they start making good , reasonable , and logical decisions from a basketball standpoint, then they will garner some respect from honest basketball fans. Until then, they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA, and we'll continue this same tired argument AGAIN.

There's a difference between being confident and being naive. The writing is and has been on the wall.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 01:46 AM by BIGGESTTIGERJLB.)
06-27-2008 01:41 AM
JCraft Offline
Tiger Psycho

I Root For: U of M TIGERS
I abhor incompetence and so far Chris Wallace is the poster child for it by way of passing up CDR basically for cash considerations and handing Green a contract he probably doesn’t deserve. His history of presiding over a terrible Celtic era just goes to show his track record in this area. He needs to find something he's good at and my advice to him is that McDonalds is currently hiring. Just practice the phrase "Do you want fries with that?" and he'll be off to a grand start in his new career. Michael Heisley appears to be a snake, taking Memphis for a ride that will not cost him a dime in the long run, but saddle this community with an unused NBA arena when he leaves. It is my hope that Santa Claus would pull an NBA team out of his sack and pluck it down in the metro Memphis area with an ownership group that would give the fans what they want, right now O.J. Mayo is not getting it done.

One of ESPN's blurbs tonite was that CDR scored more total points in the NCCA tournament than any other player this year and for this he gets the 40th pick. Gimme a break!
06-27-2008 02:19 AM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

Apparently before draft day, the Heat wanted Rudy in a trade for the 2. If the Mayo trade helps us get Beasley without giving up Gay, good. We now have a nice young stable of talent to trade as long as we don't rush into it. This next year will be interesting to evaluate how we do... The Pau trade generated Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur, and Javaris Crittendon, which isn't AS lopsided as originally thought (although we have to take into account the fact that we haven't seen Gasol or Arthur play a lick of NBA ball). Still have Lowry, Conley, and Gay. Add in Mayo and others. Too many guards, something will have to give; Conley, Lowry, or Crittendon will need to be dealt...

I think it's realistic to make the argument this team is better positioned to start 2008 than it was starting 2007. It's definitely better than it was at the end of last season. Just a shame to lose a guy like Miller.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 02:22 AM by kabluey.)
06-27-2008 02:21 AM
Advertisement

Great Scott Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
The only way the Grizz get Beasley is if Mayo and Gay are a package deal. Wallace said he won't go there.

At least we won't have Gay Love at the Forum now.
06-27-2008 06:06 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
GRIZZLIES ARE IDIOTS, THEY SUCK AND WILL NEVER BE GOOD!
06-27-2008 06:23 AM
newtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: M.E.M.P.H.I.S
Grizzlies actually made some good moves and although I like CDR, I would much rather be in a position to have Mayo and Arthur than Love and CDR. CDR will be fine in NJ and you should be happy for him. He gets to play for Jay-Z. Also, I think that the longer this goes on, Miami would be willing to give up Beasley for Mayo and Arthur. Then we can go out and sign Gilbert Arenas as our shooting guard.
06-27-2008 08:06 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
newtiger Wrote:He gets to play for Jay-Z.

Who is Jay-Z?
06-27-2008 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.