Geek Squad
Bookmark and Share
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
Geek Squad
omg....I called the geek squad yesterday and they came out tonight and in less than an hour I am running really fast, I have my sound that disappeared last week out of the blue and my ethernet restored. If anyone needs some work I highly recommend them !! Not cheap but quick and easy. If interested I'll divulge my double secret agent's name. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
06-16-2008 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
RE: Geek Squad
missjtiger Wrote:omg....I called the geek squad yesterday and they came out tonight and in less than an hour I am running really fast, I have my sound that disappeared last week out of the blue and my ethernet restored. If anyone needs some work I highly recommend them !! Not cheap but quick and easy. If interested I'll divulge my double secret agent's name. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana

How much money did they take you for?
06-16-2008 07:53 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
$159 total and worth every single penny since I didn't have to unplug all this crap and then wonder how long they would keep it. The guy did his undergraduate at Memphis and is headed to U. of Houston law school in 2 weeks....real nice guy. Of course he loves dogs and really liked meeting my KoKo.
06-16-2008 08:00 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
What's wrong with our law school?
06-16-2008 08:04 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
I asked him that and he said " Houston is rated alot higher." whatever.......
06-16-2008 08:08 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
It's really freaking me out how fast everything is now. It had really gotten slow and I mean slow.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2008 09:08 PM by missjtiger.)
06-16-2008 08:10 PM
Advertisement

TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Offline
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I Root For: offensive line
missjtiger Wrote:I asked him that and he said " Houston is rated alot higher." whatever.......

But we've got more crooks.
06-16-2008 08:12 PM
tigerstothehouse Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Not a big fan of Geek Squad. Know a few people whose pc's they have destroyed. Good thing I am a comp engineer and can fix my own pc when it has problems and save a lot of money and time.
06-16-2008 08:22 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
tigerstothehouse Wrote:Not a big fan of Geek Squad. Know a few people whose pc's they have destroyed. Good thing I am a comp engineer and can fix my own pc when it has problems and save a lot of money and time.

maybe I was lucky ? he sure fixed me right up in no time. I am so completely computer illiterate that it's shameful.
06-16-2008 08:27 PM
TigerInPrisonWithALaptop Offline
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I Root For: offensive line
missjtiger Wrote:
tigerstothehouse Wrote:Not a big fan of Geek Squad. Know a few people whose pc's they have destroyed. Good thing I am a comp engineer and can fix my own pc when it has problems and save a lot of money and time.

maybe I was lucky ? he sure fixed me right up in no time. I am so completely computer illiterate that it's shameful.

$159 worth of lucky.
06-16-2008 08:33 PM
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I saw the title of the thread and thought the queen muther had decided to develop a separate hierarchy.
06-16-2008 08:35 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
Neither am I but I am glad MissJ got sped up a little bit.
06-16-2008 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerstothehouse Offline
Special Teams

mairving Wrote:

I am too and that is all that really matters. But it rubs me the wrong way when people get overcharged for things like this. Speed is one of the quickest issues to correct and in no way should contstitute a bill of $159 unless they came out and rewired everything and increased her bandwidth.
06-16-2008 10:43 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
tigerstothehouse Wrote:
mairving Wrote:

I am too and that is all that really matters. But it rubs me the wrong way when people get overcharged for things like this. Speed is one of the quickest issues to correct and in no way should contstitute a bill of $159 unless they came out and rewired everything and increased her bandwidth.
It was $59 plus a $100 gas surcharge. What they most likely did was monkey with startup programs. Generally the No.1 thing I do to speed a computer up is to remove McAfee or Norton and load another AV that doesn't eat up the resources and try to control everything. Getting rid of quicktime, realplayer and AOL can also be helpful. I suppose for that price they could also have stuck another stick of RAM in there too.
06-16-2008 10:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
mairving Wrote:
tigerstothehouse Wrote:
mairving Wrote:

It was $59 plus a $100 gas surcharge. What they most likely did was monkey with startup programs. Generally the No.1 thing I do to speed a computer up is to remove McAfee or Norton and load another AV that doesn't eat up the resources and try to control everything. Getting rid of quicktime, realplayer and AOL can also be helpful. I suppose for that price they could also have stuck another stick of RAM in there too.

If you weren't the village idiot, you could come in handy in the Security department.
06-16-2008 10:58 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
so I guess I got ripped off ? Guys, you have to understand this one important thing.....I'm old and stupid. I had lost my ethernet and my sound and I didn't have a clue why ? I was slow as molasses and knew I had a ton of crap on my computer that I didn't need that was partly the cause. I really didn't want to start deleting things that I didn't know what they were. I thought at first that I would ask for help here but then just decided to bite the *expensive* bullet and hire a professional. If any of you know of someone willing to clean up my messes periodically by all means spill it. Hopefully you aren't an ax murderer or a psycho. 03-wink
06-17-2008 05:45 AM
Advertisement

RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
I don't think you got ripped off. If you think you got your $159 worth by not having to unplug it, take it in, wait a few days, etc, then by no means you got ripped off.
06-17-2008 06:28 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
RationalRebel Wrote:I don't think you got ripped off. If you think you got your $159 worth by not having to unplug it, take it in, wait a few days, etc, then by no means you got ripped off.

that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
06-17-2008 07:08 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
sounds like money well spent vs the aggrivation to me.

just know that geek squad is watching everything you do on it now via the spyware they install.
06-17-2008 07:20 AM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
tigerjeb Wrote:sounds like money well spent vs the aggrivation to me.

just know that geek squad is watching everything you do on it now via the spyware they install.

Actually, I can't beleive they're still allowed to operate. There are cases pending on the west coast that accuse Geek Squad of downloading a particular virus that only they can remove. This ensures that you will be coming back for their services for some time to come. I wiss you luck with this missj, but keep your checkbook handy.
06-17-2008 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.