Campbell Logos
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
Campbell Logos
I just saw the newest version of the camel logo on 3 or 4 shirts in the bookstore today. See link:

http://campbell.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs...atId=40000

It has the newer "ferocious camel's" face on a gangly camel body that looks like its either skipping or staggering around!! It might look ok in a cartoon in the student newspaper, but I can't imagine it being approved for official use. I won't buy or wear anything with that camel on it!! Embarassing. It will be interesting to see the extent of how this one is used (beyond bookstore shirts) and how long it lasts. Hope athletics never uses it.

Along with all the camels, have you all noticed the two different "CU" logos. I'll call one the "fat" CU (like is on the helmet) and the other the "skinny" CU (like is on the football field). The "skinny" version is really growing on me and I prefer it over the other. In addition to the fb field, it's on the lamppost banners around campus. I say ditch the "fat" CU and be consistent.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 08:33 PM by OrangeCamel.)
06-16-2008 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camelfan Offline
Special Teams

RE: Oh...HECK, no!! (new logo)
OrangeCamel Wrote:I just saw the newest version of the camel logo on 3 or 4 shirts in the bookstore today. See link:

http://campbell.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs...atId=40000

It has the newer "ferocious camel's" face on a gangly camel body that looks like its either skipping or staggering around!! It might look ok in a cartoon in the student newspaper, but I can't imagine it being approved for official use. I won't buy or wear anything with that camel on it!! Embarassing. It will be interesting to see the extent of how this one is used (beyond bookstore shirts) and how long it lasts. Hope athletics never uses it.

Along with all the camels, have you all noticed the two different "CU" logos. I'll call one the "tight" CU (like is on the helmet) and the other the "spread-apart" CU (like is on the football field). The "spread-apart" version is really growing on me and I prefer it over the other. In addition to the fb field, it's on the lamppost banners around campus. I say ditch the "tight" CU and be consistent.

Orange I can't wait to get mine. I think I will buy one for the whole family. Do you want me to bring you one for the first football game in August? That mascot should really strike fear in the hearts of our opponents this year. A mascot that looks like it is tripping all over itself. I hope our fastbreak during basketball season doesn't look like that.

I agree. We should stick to what we currently have and not go back down this road.
06-16-2008 10:16 PM
Small_Wonder Offline
2nd String

Ew... thats horrible.
06-17-2008 06:35 AM
Advertisement

OrangeCamel Offline

OK, I've just seen an even newer logo! It has the new camel running through the new skinny "C". The "C" makes that camel look better. Might look allright at halfcourt in the new arena. And speaking of the new court, I hope the sideline area is either black or unpainted wood. It doesn't need to be orange with all those orange seats. A contrast of color will look good. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

The bookstore now has 2008 football T-shirts with the schedule on the back. The front has a picture of the helmet....with the skinny "CU" like is on the field. An actual helmet is displayed with the shirts and it has the fat "CU" (like all the helmets we've seen thusfar)!

The logo saga continues......
07-22-2008 08:29 PM
Deadbolt Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Campbell Logos
Like I said in the other thread...the board of trustees was upset when we started using the more modern logo, so they voted to phase out all modern logos and only use the traditional logo.

Worst decision made while I was at CU.
08-22-2008 02:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.