Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
RichRod = "class personified".....
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
RichRod = "class personified".....
If he's not trying to drag others down into a hole with him, he's trying to make himself out to be victim #1....talk about deflection and not taking any responsibility for your own actions...

What a POS.....wow.....I never would have guessed it in a million years....

While I have nothing at all against the University of Michigan, I hope they fail to epic proportions this year in football...

RichRod
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 07:35 AM by Capital Pirate.)
06-13-2008 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: RichRod = "class personified".....
Capital Pirate Wrote:If he's not trying to drag others down into a hole with him, he's trying to make himself out to be victim #1....talk about deflection and not taking any responsibility for your own actions...

What a POS.....wow.....I never would have guessed it in a million years....

While I have nothing at all against the University of Michigan, I hope they fail to epic proportions this year in football...

RichRod

Yep, JerkRod has been completely innocent during this whole ordeal. 01-wingedeagle

What a joke he turned out to be.
06-13-2008 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I think you Yankees have a word that fits Rod! Scumbag!!!!! 04-cheers
06-13-2008 08:01 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
RichRod has been a complete [select your word of choice] in all of this, however, Stewart opened that can-o-worms himself by delivering the veiled criticism of Rodriguez.
06-13-2008 08:54 AM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
I don't see anything wrong with what Stewart said - he and the guys that stayed behind at WVU did "hold the rope", while a guy like RR did not.....and for that matter, I don't see what the big deal is about the fact that Stewart might have wanted to go to UM with RR if offered a job....chances are, he would have been fired from WVU anyway, so common sense says he would want/take a position that was possibly going to be there for the taking. UM wasn't offering him a HC position, though, and WVU did.....

RR comes off like a spoiled brat who can't take any responsibility for any of his own actions - instead trying to cook up any and all "angles" he can to deflect negativity onto others and/or drag them down into the slime hole he chose for himself....
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 09:08 AM by Capital Pirate.)
06-13-2008 09:07 AM
Advertisement

bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Yep...it seems pretty clear cut that Richie Rich needs to pay up
06-13-2008 09:31 AM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Everybody knows what a lying POS he is.
06-13-2008 10:49 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I don't think he is lying about Stewart... I'm sure he was trying to position himself in case he didn't get the WVU job. Anybody would do the same, balance out your risk. Of course, once he got the WVU job, he didn't need to kiss up to RR any longer.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 11:05 AM by mlb.)
06-13-2008 11:05 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Capital Pirate Wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Stewart said - he and the guys that stayed behind at WVU did "hold the rope", while a guy like RR did not.....and for that matter, I don't see what the big deal is about the fact that Stewart might have wanted to go to UM with RR if offered a job....chances are, he would have been fired from WVU anyway, so common sense says he would want/take a position that was possibly going to be there for the taking. UM wasn't offering him a HC position, though, and WVU did.....

RR comes off like a spoiled brat who can't take any responsibility for any of his own actions - instead trying to cook up any and all "angles" he can to deflect negativity onto others and/or drag them down into the slime hole he chose for himself....
I don't disagree with you about RR -- he has acted like a complete spoilt brat in this episode, but I do believe Stewart could have said..."No comment", and none of this stuff would be out today.
06-13-2008 12:11 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

mlb Wrote:I don't think he is lying about Stewart... I'm sure he was trying to position himself in case he didn't get the WVU job. Anybody would do the same, balance out your risk. Of course, once he got the WVU job, he didn't need to kiss up to RR any longer.

I completely agree, Stew had no idea he would land the head coaching job when those statements and inquiries were made. In fact, had they hired someone else he probably would have been out of a job, so it makes perfect sense that he was inquiring about Michigan.

I wasn't referring to that when I referenced Rich as a liar. All the nonsense about a smear campaign, and the fact that WVU was somehow going after Rich to obscure the phony degree scandal is just ludicrous.
06-13-2008 12:24 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Funny how RR is being pilloried for merely taking another job, while at least 3 school admins have resigned and the governor appears to be corrupt. Nary a peep about that.
06-13-2008 02:29 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

An idiot can see what Rodriguez is trying to do. $4,000,000 coming up!
06-13-2008 02:38 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
MongoSlade Wrote:RichRod has been a complete [select your word of choice] in all of this, however, Stewart opened that can-o-worms himself by delivering the veiled criticism of Rodriguez.

-- Most of the comments that RR is upset about took place at Stewart's press conference. If memory serves he didn't use RRs name, but was trying to outline how he was going to be different then the former WVU coach. I don't think it was by accident that Billy referenced Don Nehlen in the presser and seemed to me try to tell the fans he was going to be a Nehlen type guy. If your interested here is the presser

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-gQIbCOM_Q

Its really sad how all of this ended. Its hard to think of any coach who ruined their legacy faster then RR did at WVU. In 10 years, I could easily see John Beilein invited back to a celebration of WVU basketball. Beilein didn't stay long either and the rumors were always there that his wife didn't love living in Morgantown. However, he seemed to be mostly honest about his coaching situation, met with the WV media when he left, didn't touch the recruits who were going to WV etc. RR dodged the truth to the very end. resigned by sending a note, actively pursued WVUs verbals and possible recruits and then wonders why the people in WV don't like him anymore

I can't imagine RR will ever be invited back for anything.

Jackson
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 03:03 PM by Jackson1011.)
06-13-2008 02:56 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
double post
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 02:56 PM by Jackson1011.)
06-13-2008 02:56 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
ultraviolet Wrote:Funny how RR is being pilloried for merely taking another job, while at least 3 school admins have resigned and the governor appears to be corrupt. Nary a peep about that.

In case you missed it, there are at least a couple of other threads about those issues. This is a separate issue altogether in its own thread. If you want to get a peep at those threads, be our guest.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008 03:33 PM by cuseroc.)
06-13-2008 03:15 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Jackson1011 Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:RichRod has been a complete [select your word of choice] in all of this, however, Stewart opened that can-o-worms himself by delivering the veiled criticism of Rodriguez.
-- Most of the comments that RR is upset about took place at Stewart's press conference. If memory serves he didn't use RRs name, but was trying to outline how he was going to be different then the former WVU coach. I don't think it was by accident that Billy referenced Don Nehlen in the presser and seemed to me try to tell the fans he was going to be a Nehlen type guy. If your interested here is the presser

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-gQIbCOM_Q

Its really sad how all of this ended. Its hard to think of any coach who ruined their legacy faster then RR did at WVU. In 10 years, I could easily see John Beilein invited back to a celebration of WVU basketball. Beilein didn't stay long either and the rumors were always there that his wife didn't love living in Morgantown. However, he seemed to be mostly honest about his coaching situation, met with the WV media when he left, didn't touch the recruits who were going to WV etc. RR dodged the truth to the very end. resigned by sending a note, actively pursued WVUs verbals and possible recruits and then wonders why the people in WV don't like him anymore

I can't imagine RR will ever be invited back for anything.

Jackson
The main difference between Beilein and Rodriguez is class and honor. Beilein is a man of class, even if he didn't stay long. He left us better than when he got here. The hiring of Bobby Huggins as his successor lessened the impact of his leaving as well. He left WVU with his honor intact.

Rodriguez is another matter entirely. He did his level best to destroy the WVU's athletic department, and undercut the new coach by stealing all the recruits.

Rodriguez has no honor - and no class. 03-banghead
06-13-2008 05:28 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

cuseroc Wrote:
ultraviolet Wrote:Funny how RR is being pilloried for merely taking another job, while at least 3 school admins have resigned and the governor appears to be corrupt. Nary a peep about that.
In case you missed it, there are at least a couple of other threads about those issues. This is a separate issue altogether in its own thread. If you want to get a peep at those threads, be our guest.
Political corruption? 04-jawdrop

Political corruption... imagine that. You'd think ultraviolet's NEVER seen it. Where have you lived, dude? 03-banghead
06-13-2008 05:31 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Papa Oscar Sierra. Plain & simple.
06-13-2008 10:17 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.