Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Wesley Johnson (former Iowa State - adds Tigers)
Bookmark and Share
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Wesley Johnson (former Iowa State - adds Tigers)
NOTE: DON'T go by his ranking coming out of HS. Apparently this guy (judging from comments below) has "outgrown" the Iowa State
program. First the article -

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb...7/-1/ENT06

Quote:Wesley Johnson’s list of prospective basketball schools continues to grow, in size and stature.

Johnson has asked Iowa State to release him to nine more schools, including 2008 NCAA runner-up Memphis, Georgetown, Florida, Tennessee and North Carolina.

Steve Malchow, Iowa State’s senior associate athletic director, said today the school has granted Johnson’s request. Other new schools on the list are Georgia Tech, LSU, Louisville and North Carolina State.

Last month, Iowa State released Johnson to Arkansas, Connecticut, Marquette, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Villanova and West Virginia.

Johnson could not be reached for comment. Relatives of Johnson’s told Iowa State coach Greg McDermott on May 15 that the sophomore planned to transfer to another school.

Iowa State normally does not allow releases to Big 12 Conference institutions or schools on future schedules.

Comments from their Scout site. -->

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=171#s=171...&t=2521747

Quote: very solid all-around player who is not really great at one thing. He is a streaky shooter but I think he will continue to get a lot better in this area. He can slash to the basket well. He rebounds for his size well and when fully healthy, I think he can be a quality defender. He will significantly help whatever program he ends up at.

Quote:NBA talent, very athletic, jumps out of the gym, can score from anywhere on the floor, good rebounder at least his freshman year, struggled with injury all year this year.

Quote:nside is you have to wonder where his head is at? He was the star of the team, McDermott was building the team around him. Johnson hosted recruits this spring, helped interview the new assistant coach, was elected captain of the squad. He even lined up a summer job, signed up for a summer class, signed an apartment lease for the summer. Then just up and abandoned his team. hard to have any respect for guy who pulls a stunt like that.

If he grows up he can help your team. the other thing to worry about is his injury. Broken bones in your foot is just always a bad thing for a basketball player, seems like often times foot problems can be a recurring thing.

Quote:s weakness is that he's a traitor. ISU is the only D1 school to give him a chance, Coach Mac turns him into one of the top players in the B12 and he repays him with this crap. I hope nothing but the worst for him. People can ***** all they want about this post but I am tired of the greed. The SEC is full of nothing but dirty money. I hope he never plays a minute whereever he goes.

Quote:but I can't disagree with your sentiment. Mac gave him the opportunity that no one else would, and he signed the scholarship renewal mere days before turning his back on the program that got him noticed by others. He left Mac and our entire MBB program in a lurch because now there is no way that we're going to be able to even attempt to fill the void that he has left this late in the recruiting period. He effectively singlehandedly set this program back at least 2 years.

I certainly cannot and will not actively root FOR him wherever he may land, but I have not yet decided whether I will actively root AGAINST him as well.

Quote:was a little harsh and it was written in the heat of the moment but this just pisses me off. I usually take the high road in these situations but this has been happening too often and I am sick of it. You are correct in that he singlehandedly set the program back at least 2 years...and you know what? He could care less. He is self-centered and greedy and I can't wait to see Karma catch up to him.
06-11-2008 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
RE: Wesley Johnson (former Iowa State - adds Tigers)
No thank you. You think this is the guy Cal talked about in the interview?
06-11-2008 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
maybe
06-11-2008 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Wesley Johnson Bio From ISU

Draft Express Profile

Interesting that he played at Patterson...last interesting thing is that he is from Corsicana, Texas, which is located between Dallas and Houston...
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2008 10:33 PM by HoopDreams.)
06-11-2008 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.