Football attendance reports
06-11-2008 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Football attendance reports
You must have not been good at logical operations in school. Or have you not studied those yet? 03-banghead

You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare Temple and Delaware. I've kept out of this argument for the most part, only commenting when someone's stupidity compells a response. But Temple's spending on their athletic programs dwarfs Delaware's. Their stadium, since its an NFL stadium, dwarfs Delaware's. And the number of empty seats at Temple games, with the exception of Penn State, dwarfs Delaware's.

Forget it... 05-deadhorse
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2008 05:36 PM by bitcruncher.)
06-11-2008 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
frogman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
bitcruncher Wrote:You must have not been good at logical operations in school. Or have you not studied those yet? 03-banghead

You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare Temple and Delaware. I've kept out of this argument for the most part, only commenting when someone's stupidity compells a response. But Temple's spending on their athletic programs dwarfs Delaware's. Their stadium, since its an NFL stadium, dwarfs Delaware's. And the number of empty seats at Temple games, with the exception of Penn State, dwarfs Delaware's.

Now that the numbers prove that Temple's average attendance dwarf's Delaware's the rules change. When you thought Delaware had higher numbers you said Temple had no support. Now that I prove Temple has higher numbers, it's because they spend more. But earlier it was said the Delaware was a much richer school with a bigger endowment and could build a larger stadium then Temple ever could.

How do you explain that Temple is drawing on average only 1,500 fewer fans per game than Cincy. Is Temple also spending more than Cincy? Cincy is a BCS team. The fact is they have risen from 12,000 to 28,000 attendance in two years under their new coach. they have also improved from 0 wins to 4 wins and some argue they beat BE co -champ UCONN last year but the refs stole the game on an end-of-game bad call.
No matter how you slice it, they are making the right moves and positioning themselves in the fourth largest market in the U.S. Don't worry, it will be a while before they can beat WVU on a regular basis.
06-11-2008 05:50 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Also, Delaware Division I-AA, Temple Division I-A.
06-11-2008 06:21 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
It is crazy that Miami with all their national titles did not average more than UCF or South Florida.
06-11-2008 06:27 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

How do you explain that Temple is drawing on average only 1,500 fewer fans per game than Cincy. Is Temple also spending more than Cincy? Cincy is a BCS team. The fact is they have risen from 12,000 to 28,000 attendance in two years under their new coach.

Temple was spending more then Cincinnati when Temple was BCS and Cincinnati wasn't and Cincinnati was still more successful then them. I don't know how you can use the excuse that Cincinnati is a BCS program thus they have an advantage over Temple. Temple had that chance and they blew it. They were a BCS team just like Cincinnati and didn't spend money. Also, Temple's attendance is deceiving. I remember when Cincinnati played, and almost beat Ohio State. Our attendance that year was 28,000. That looked good until you realized that the Ohio State game was the bulk of the attendance, I think we had like 55,000 to 60,000 for that game. The rest of the schedule was an average of about 22,000 per game. Temple? Penn State brought the bulk of the fans, a little over 69,000 fans. The rest of Temple's games?

Buffalo - 15,000+
No. Illinois - 21,000+
Kent State - 16,000+

Say what you want about Cincinnati, once the students arrived we carried our own attendance this year. In the past Louisville and West Virginia weren't getting us great attendance because of fan apathy, UC fans sold those games out. UC also sold out Marshall and we had 30,000 plus for Connecticut, and a strong crowd for Oregon State, about 25,000 to 26,000. You can't compare UC's attendance this year to Temple's. If UC had Ohio State at home like Temple had Penn State at home Cincinnati's attendance would be around 35,000 to 40,000 per game this year.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2008 07:33 PM by CatsClaw.)
06-11-2008 07:26 PM
Advertisement

templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Thank's frogman. aboration of facts is Temple biggest obsticle.
06-11-2008 07:29 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Just so people know, I am NOT trashing Temple. But there are people who like to compare UC's and Temple's attendance but that is deceiving. Temple's attendance is comparable to UC's attendance of 2001 not 2008.
06-11-2008 07:40 PM
frogman Offline
1st String

templefootballfan Wrote:Thank's frogman. aboration of facts is Temple biggest obsticle.

And I'm really not a fan of the school but I want Philly in the BE after a split. I'm learning a lot and your new coach is looking like so many of the BE coaches who only a few years ago had to prove their teams worthyness. Good luck to you. Keep PSU on the schedule and one day beat them.

I'm a huge CIncy fan in BB and FB. I just used Cincy's numbers because they were only five points from Temple's on the charts. I expect the Cuse to lose another 6,000 FB fans this year under Robinson- leaving us equal to Temple's 2007 numbers and below Cincy's.

Catsclaw, your statement on Cincy's numbers and PSU is fair but that's still the numbers. NCaa doesn not break down every team to see who played who and who who traveled where. They just add the numbers. but you are right. I think Temple is building finally and even without PSU they gained 8000 home fans while SYr lost 6000. IF Temple has a good season maybe they can add another 8000.

P.S. Memphis is just as bad as Temple. ECU and UCF are giants, both pulling in more than 40,000. Football is king in the south. Give us some time to work with it in the northeast. Memphis filled 47 percent of their stadium on average. I still believe Memphis is a good addition to the new BE. They have a huge upside.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2008 08:20 PM by frogman.)
06-11-2008 07:57 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Here we go again 03-banghead
06-11-2008 08:20 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
bitcruncher Wrote:But Temple's spending on their athletic programs dwarfs Delaware's.

Not by much:
Temple: $25,836,568
Delaware: $24,855,072

http://www.bbstate.com/info/schools-budget
06-11-2008 08:32 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville spends more than both of them together, so why should Louisville fans get excited about either of them? 03-phew
06-11-2008 08:56 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
frogman Wrote:http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/atte...NDANCE.pdf

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet...NDANCE.pdf

The numbers don't lie. Posted in Feb. 2008

Frogman on ignore...this clown has no clue that it was PSU fans that filled up the Linc and NOT temple fans...as Temple fans haven't showed up to games for the past 30 years! (most higher attended games were because of visiting teams like WVU, Pitt, Miami, RU, etc...in the past).
06-11-2008 09:36 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Cincinnati, 30,000, Memphis 29,000, Temple 28,000 are all about the same. You look at the basketball credentials and the market size and this is the minimum that BCS conferences will consider. If you can't get 30,000 you have no business in a BCS conference. UC had perfect geography since Louisville, Pitt and West Virginia are in the same region.
06-11-2008 10:33 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
How ironic is that? A fan of a school that desperately wishes to be in the Big East coming to a Big East message board and putting a fan of one of the founding Big East schools on ignore in a thread which has nothing to do with that school.

Once again, people are taking the wrong approach, but there is nothing new about that. Temple is not anybody's first choice. Boston College coming back is choice number one. It may not happen, though, so you must have a back-up plan.
06-11-2008 10:40 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Frogman not disparaging Cin, Rutgers or Syc atten. He just pointing out the fact Temple's atten is in the ball park & Temple promblem is the aboration of facts, the #'s are there for you to see & you still don't believe them. Temple was out drawing Rutgers when they got kicked out, that a fact. Because you don't believe it does not change the facts.
06-11-2008 11:20 PM
Advertisement

frogman Offline
1st String

KnightLight Wrote:Frogman on ignore...this clown has no clue that it was PSU fans that filled up the Linc and NOT temple fans...as Temple fans haven't showed up to games for the past 30 years! (most higher attended games were because of visiting teams like WVU, Pitt, Miami, RU, etc...in the past).

How foolish. You can't take credit away from Temple for having "most higher attended games because of visiting teams like WVU, PItt, Miami, RU, etc..." as you say, without also taking credit away from other teams that play these same schools on the regular- sometimes making up half their schedule. Does playing WVU or UCF inflate USF's numbers? Just an example. Does Temple get some kind of extra credit for playing Western Michigan, a team that drew only 8,000 at home.

Temple still had a terrible season, they have a ways to go. But the point is that they are working on improvement with their new coach. Focus on Temple started when someone suggested that Delaware was a better option than Temple because Delaware drew 20,000. Delaware also played for the championship in their division. YOu people sound like the people who criticize the BE the even in face of facts. Temple is not great but they are working a lot smarter than the Cuse is working right now.

I'm just saying keep an eye on Temple. If they win more games and continue to draw back fans, they are in a market the BE can't ignore if we split from Villanova.

P.S. Pitt should also have a breakout year this season. They were at 51 percent capacity last year and should come out of the gate this year with more than 40,000 at each game.

Ignore me. Yea, kiss my... How could I not know PSU fans filled up the Lin when I provided that info to you. By some accounts it was as many as 3/4 PSU fans. Now there's some more facts I just gave you that I don't have a clue about. Score was 17-0 at the half and dispite the final, Temple was credited for playing a very gutsy game.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 07:35 AM by frogman.)
06-12-2008 02:50 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I love attendance smack...LOL Reminds me of being on the UK board. Next thing we'll be reading is stadium size smack.
I could careless what a schools attendance is for any sport. I'm more concerned if the school is committed to building a competitive well rounded program within the rules of the conference and NCAA.
Location will be important when the split happens but I don't believe it will be the sole factor. If that was the case Louisville and Cincinnati would still not be in the Big East. If location was more important Mike Tranghese and company would have invited Holy Cross and Buffalo.
When the split happens you have to look for teams that bring more to the table than just being winners of some geographical lottery.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 06:30 AM by CardinalJim.)
06-12-2008 06:29 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
frogman Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:You must have not been good at logical operations in school. Or have you not studied those yet? 03-banghead

Now that the numbers prove that Temple's average attendance dwarf's Delaware's the rules change. When you thought Delaware had higher numbers you said Temple had no support. Now that I prove Temple has higher numbers, it's because they spend more. But earlier it was said the Delaware was a much richer school with a bigger endowment and could build a larger stadium then Temple ever could.

How do you explain that Temple is drawing on average only 1,500 fewer fans per game than Cincy. Is Temple also spending more than Cincy? Cincy is a BCS team. The fact is they have risen from 12,000 to 28,000 attendance in two years under their new coach. they have also improved from 0 wins to 4 wins and some argue they beat BE co -champ UCONN last year but the refs stole the game on an end-of-game bad call.
No matter how you slice it, they are making the right moves and positioning themselves in the fourth largest market in the U.S. Don't worry, it will be a while before they can beat WVU on a regular basis.
Temple has no support. The Penn State game raised their average attendance figure by about 3000/game. So remove the one huge crowd, and Delaware has more fans. Tell me, what kind of support does that indicate?

Figure that one out, why don't ya... 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 07:44 AM by bitcruncher.)
06-12-2008 07:42 AM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:It is crazy that Miami with all their national titles did not average more than UCF or South Florida.

Probably because you go to a UCF or USF game without worrying about being shot in the parking lot...lol
06-12-2008 07:43 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.