Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Worthy of a new thread- Two down, two to go for Negedu
Bookmark and Share
Brooks H
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Worthy of a new thread- Two down, two to go for Negedu
New Rivals article. Premium. WORTH CHECKING OUT. I can't post it, but I'll just say that quotes from Negedu sound good for us.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/c...CID=816318

I'm officially getting excited.
06-10-2008 12:35 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dc8danieldc8 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
RE: Worthy of a new thread- Two down, two to go for Negedu
whats it say?whats it say?! lol
06-10-2008 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BaylorTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
paraphrase tigerbham paraphrase
06-10-2008 01:05 PM
tigerlloyd Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
it basically quotes Negedu as saying he has a great relationship with Pastner, that he is looking at Memphis for what it has to offer him, and he knows Memphis has a need at his position right now. and probably the most insightful comment was he just "wants to make sure, you know." Sounds promising.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2008 01:26 PM by tigerlloyd.)
06-10-2008 01:24 PM
Brooks H
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It suggests, based on what Negedu is quoted as saying, that EN knows he wants things to work out with Pastner, knows we have a need for a player like him and that he wants to be here but that he needs to take all his visits to make sure that all of that works out.
06-10-2008 01:26 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
he feels he can talk to Josh about anything....that it didn't quite work out at Arizona, but very well could in Memphis...
06-10-2008 01:26 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Here's another, shall we call it worst guess, from an Indy blog who all but rules out him coming to Indiana
Quote:At first, I thought Memphis was the school to beat and the odd's on favorite to get Negedu's services. This was all because of Josh Pastner and the fact that Negedu asked out of his Arizona letter of intent a few days after Pastner left that school. I've heard one report though that the Memphis situation may be complicated. I've heard that if Pastner ever hopes to be considered for the Arizona job when Lute Olsen leaves some day that it wouldn't sit well in Tucscon if Negedu ultimately left UA to play at Memphis. I've heard that from a pretty good source but don't know if it's just some people talking or what. It's interesting enough to be believable.

So if not Memphis, then what school becomes the favorite? My guess is if not Memphis, that Tennessee may be the school to beat in the Negedu Sweepstakes. Bruce Pearl has done great things with that program and again, he was very involved in recruiting Negedu the first time around. If that visit goes well today, then I'm guessing the Volunteers could become the favorite. Again, that's assuming that the Memphis rumor is true. If it isn't, I still think Memphis is the school to beat.
06-10-2008 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brooks H
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I was told by someone who got his information directly from Pastner himself that Lute and Livengood gave Pastner their blessing after EN was given his release. He said EN's final destination would have no bearing on whether Pastner could ever be considered as a future coaching candidate back at UA.
06-10-2008 01:34 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

tigerbham Wrote:I was told by someone who got his information directly from Pastner himself that Lute and Livengood gave Pastner their blessing after EN was given his release. He said EN's final destination would have no bearing on whether Pastner could ever be considered as a future coaching candidate back at UA.
Lute's probably going to go Ron Polk on Arizona pretty soon anyway so he might not have much say so who the new coach will be.
06-10-2008 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mitjones Offline
All American

tigerbham Wrote:I was told by someone who got his information directly from Pastner himself that Lute and Livengood gave Pastner their blessing after EN was given his release. He said EN's final destination would have no bearing on whether Pastner could ever be considered as a future coaching candidate back at UA.

I think it would be crazy at this point to think that Cal & staff would allow Negedu to come for an official visit if they could not sign him due to "it not sitting well in Tuscon." If Pastner was REALLY worried about this, then why waste all this time, money & effort to bring Negedu to Memphis? Just tell him straight up. No way would Cal do this & no way would Pastner have allowed it to go this far. I would wonder who this Indy blog's sources are, because we have our own source here who heard it straight from Pastner.
06-10-2008 02:11 PM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
lutes done pretty soon
en is ours after the visit
take it to the bank
underline in
mark it in red
06-10-2008 02:11 PM
Advertisement

pdlglm Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT
That same article sounds just as good for UT.

Not so much for Indy.
06-10-2008 02:24 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

mitjones Wrote:

I think it would be crazy at this point to think that Cal & staff would allow Negedu to come for an official visit if they could not sign him due to "it not sitting well in Tuscon." If Pastner was REALLY worried about this, then why waste all this time, money & effort to bring Negedu to Memphis? Just tell him straight up. No way would Cal do this & no way would Pastner have allowed it to go this far. I would wonder who this Indy blog's sources are, because we have our own source here who heard it straight from Pastner.
He sounds real solid about it doesn't he?

Quote:I've heard that from a pretty good source but don't know if it's just some people talking or what

So is it a pretty good source or just people talking or a pretty good source talking.
06-10-2008 02:25 PM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
the fact is arizona gave us their blessing
end of story
06-10-2008 02:30 PM
memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I've read this article and basically its down to Memphis and UT.
06-10-2008 02:31 PM
TigerTodd72 Offline
1st String

Let's face it - if Pastner's recruiting keeps the Tigers on the national map with more Final Fours and top 10 recruiting rankings, that's all the decision-makers at Arizona are going to care about. They'll want to win, and if they think that guy is Josh, then one recruit who may or may not pan out isn't going to deter them.
06-10-2008 02:33 PM
Advertisement

Brooks H
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I don't think the article has a much UT hype in it as you want to believe pdlglm. I tried removing my blue-colored glasses to read it again to understand how it could sound just as good for UT, but I can't. There's just certain quotes that stand out with regard to Memphis.
06-10-2008 02:41 PM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Jeff Goodman (from Fox Sports) said that pre-visits, Memphis was Negedu's favorite.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2008 02:58 PM by Tigers2B1.)
06-10-2008 02:56 PM
pdlglm Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT
tigerbham Wrote:I don't think the article has a much UT hype in it as you want to believe pdlglm. I tried removing my blue-colored glasses to read it again to understand how it could sound just as good for UT, but I can't. There's just certain quotes that stand out with regard to Memphis.

Its splitting hairs either way. I'm not saying its obviously better for UT.

It seems to come down to relationship with UT coaches from first recruitment v relationship with Pastner. Hopefully, he is having a very enjoyable day today.
06-10-2008 02:56 PM
tiger1974 Offline
Bench Warmer

pdlglm Wrote:
tigerbham Wrote:I don't think the article has a much UT hype in it as you want to believe pdlglm. I tried removing my blue-colored glasses to read it again to understand how it could sound just as good for UT, but I can't. There's just certain quotes that stand out with regard to Memphis.

Its splitting hairs either way. I'm not saying its obviously better for UT.

It seems to come down to relationship with UT coaches from first recruitment v relationship with Pastner. Hopefully, he is having a very enjoyable day today.

Do you have any idea why he chose Arizona over UT the first time?
06-10-2008 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.