Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Fishing for photos of Fish
Bookmark and Share
Big Ed Offline
Gone Golfing

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Fishing for photos of Fish
Fishing trips up in Canada and Northern Minnesota with friends. I love ice fishing. Walleye are the best eating fish there is.

[Image: IM000592.jpg] [Image: clementsontrip04013.jpg] [Image: IM000587.jpg] [Image: fishing004.jpg] [Image: IM000586.jpg]
06-09-2008 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BNagursky Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Fishing for photos of Fish
Great pictures Ed! I'm headed back up to the cabin in Walker some time in July. That cool weather would sure be nice about now. What lakes do you hit while in Minny and Canada?
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2008 11:49 PM by BNagursky.)
06-09-2008 11:46 PM
Big Ed Offline
Gone Golfing

The snow photos are in Stillwater. the others are Lake of the Woods. I've been thru Walker many times. stopped at that sports store in down town Walker on my way up to Baudette. I like Leech Lake have not fished there. My neighbor here in Memphis is headed to see her sister up in Bemidji next week. I hate her - that lucky ............

Other Lakes I've fished up in Minnesota are White Bear, Minnetonka and Mille Lacs in Brained.
06-10-2008 07:57 AM
Advertisement

mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Let me see. Walk (or drive) onto a frozen lake, in sub freezing temperatures. Break the ice and cut a hole into it with what a chainsaw? Sit over a hole with the wind blowing and the ice hopefully not cracking. Now, I love to fish. I go bass fishing pretty regularly (I'm a catch and release guy when it comes to bass), but I'm having a hard time being jealous of you guys that go ice fishing.

Please explain...ps duck hunting doesn't appeal to me either.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2008 11:22 AM by mphsfan.)
06-10-2008 11:21 AM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
mphsfan Wrote:Let me see. Walk (or drive) onto a frozen lake, in sub freezing temperatures. Break the ice and cut a hole into it with what a chainsaw? Sit over a hole with the wind blowing and the ice hopefully not cracking. Now, I love to fish. I go bass fishing pretty regularly (I'm a catch and release guy when it comes to bass), but I'm having a hard time being jealous of you guys that go ice fishing.

The ticket is to have an ice cabin and a bunch of beer. The fishing part is an afterthought.
06-10-2008 11:49 AM
Advertisement

Big Ed Offline
Gone Golfing

mphsfan Wrote:Let me see. Walk (or drive) onto a frozen lake, in sub freezing temperatures. Break the ice and cut a hole into it with what a chainsaw? Sit over a hole with the wind blowing and the ice hopefully not cracking. Now, I love to fish. I go bass fishing pretty regularly (I'm a catch and release guy when it comes to bass), but I'm having a hard time being jealous of you guys that go ice fishing.

check out the guys in the fish house, it's nice and cozy warm. We have snowmobiles to ride card playing, drinking and cigar smoking all takes place during ice fishing. We even have trap doors in floor to raise up and drop the fishing line in. You never have to go outside if you're cold.

http://www.duckbaylodge.com is the best place to fish for me.
06-10-2008 11:50 AM
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I'm starting to see the appeal.

What is the bait? Live shiners?
06-10-2008 11:56 AM
Advertisement

Big Ed Offline
Gone Golfing

mphsfan Wrote:I'm starting to see the appeal.

Minnows or leeches work well. In the summer on the Lake of the Woods we down rig for the big walleyes. But mostly we use worms in the summer and fish on the bottom for walleyes.

I like to smallmouth bass fish when I'm up north too.

One morning 3 guys and myself caught over 600 hundred northern pike over 2 feet long each (we do release them). My hands and fingers were numb form catching so many fish. I tell you there is nothing that compares to this kind of fishing.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2008 06:34 PM by Big Ed.)
06-10-2008 12:12 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
Big Ed Wrote:
mphsfan Wrote:I'm starting to see the appeal.

Minnows or leeches work well. In the summer on the Lake of the Woods we down rig for the big walleyes. But mostly we use worms in the summer and fish on the bottom for walleyes.

I like to smallmouth bass fish when I'm up north too.

One morning 3 guys and myself caught over 600 hundred northern pike over 2 feet long each (we do releace them) from 8:30 until noon. My hands and fingers were num form catching so many fish. I tell you there is nothing that compares to this kind of fishing.

Even if you didn't mean 60,000, that's still one fish every 21 seconds. That includes baiting, casting and releasing. You're a lying mo fo. You need to go on the wagon for a while.
06-10-2008 02:30 PM
BNagursky Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
My brother has a nice fish house. This is fishing in luxury! The lines in, playing polker, drinking a beer, watching the Vikings on Direct TV, while waiting for the pizza man to pull up with a few pies.

Ed, I grew up near Lake Minnetonka. One of the best smallmouth bass lakes in the country.

We like the Walker area and Leech Lake, but would like to get a place farther north in Ely or Vermillion.
06-10-2008 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.