Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gas Prices...
Bookmark and Share
E-zone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Gas Prices...
Since it is a very slow time of the year and I can't believe how crazy the gas prices have got. My brothers has been working in Wyoming the last few years, so I asked him about the Green River Basin and "Oil shale" or "Dirty Oil". The Green River Basin is estimated to have between 500 billion and 1.1 trillion barrels worth of Dirty Oil, the oil reserves of Saudi Arabia is estimated to have 300 billion barrels. I have read quite a few times that it is felt that the Green River Basin contains around 3 1/2 times more oil (shale) than all of the Middle East. But the Middle East has what is known a Sweet Oil which take very little refining, not like the Dirty Oil which take a whole lot more.
Now according to my brother the US Government is not helping things out either, since they are buying crude oil from the Middle East and pumping it back downing into the US Oil reserve holes or wells which every you would like to call them. Thus it keeping up a inflated demand for oil from the Middle East.

[Image: US_Oil_Production_and_Imports_1920_to_2005.png]
This graph gives a lot of insight into why gas prices have gone through the roof since 2000... The US Government has restricted the amount of oil that can be produced in the US. Many years bad one of my Uncles had 27 oil wells in Oklahoma and back then he was restricted on the amount of barrels of oil he could produce each day or in other words he had a daily allotment that he could not go over...

03-banghead
05-26-2008 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Gas Prices...
dont let the prices get to you .. they will get worse. we don't drill anymore because of enviroment, there are no good replacements ready to roll, ethenol is a farse. $5. here we come.
05-26-2008 12:07 PM
E-zone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
goodknightfl Wrote:dont let the prices get to you .. they will get worse. we don't drill anymore because of enviroment, there are no good replacements ready to roll, ethenol is a farse. $5. here we come.

Don't kid yourself in believe there is no oil wells drill anymore in the US... They are dilling holes all over in Wyoming and most of them are capped as soon as they hit oil or natural gas...

03-banghead
05-27-2008 12:34 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
In Arkansas their are new Natural Gas wells all over the place in the ozarks. an under that they have found oil pools but there deep.
06-02-2008 07:39 PM
Advertisement

E-zone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
hawghiggs Wrote:In Arkansas their are new Natural Gas wells all over the place in the ozarks. an under that they have found oil pools but there deep.

Wyoming has 1 Natural Gas hole over a deposit that they feel has enough gas to last the customer of California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana at their current rate of usage for 150 years and that is just that 1 well.

04-jawdrop
06-03-2008 01:02 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
E-zone Wrote:
goodknightfl Wrote:dont let the prices get to you .. they will get worse. we don't drill anymore because of enviroment, there are no good replacements ready to roll, ethenol is a farse. $5. here we come.

Don't kid yourself in believe there is no oil wells drill anymore in the US... They are dilling holes all over in Wyoming and most of them are capped as soon as they hit oil or natural gas...

03-banghead

yes we are still drilling.. but 85% of all US reserves are off limits.. thats insane.
06-03-2008 08:02 AM
E-zone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
goodknightfl Wrote:
E-zone Wrote:

03-banghead

yes we are still drilling.. but 85% of all US reserves are off limits.. thats insane.

It might be even more than 85%.... And are Government in all their wisdom keeps the Middle East oil prices up by buying oil from the Middle East and then pumps it in the the US Government's reserve wells.

03-banghead 03-banghead
06-03-2008 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.