It's Everyone Else's Fault-Laura Richardson, D-CA
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It's Everyone Else's Fault-Laura Richardson, D-CA
I first read about this on Boortz the other day:

Here's his commentary:

Quote:GOVERNMENT IDIOT OF THE DAY

There's a newly elected California Congresswoman by the name of Laura Richardson. She's a Democrat. There are now reports that this fine new government bureaucrat has walked away from her home mortgage of $535,000. Less than two years after buying the house with not one penny down, she just let it slip into foreclosure and wiped her hands clean.

In January of 2007, Richardson took out a mortgage on her Sacramento home for $535,000, the sale price of the house. Not only did she borrow the entire purchase prices, but she somehow talked the person selling the home into giving her an additional $15,000 to cover some of the closing costs.

So .. what does the lovely Ms. Richardson do after she wins a special election to Congress? She walks away from her home and the mortgage. At that point she owes Washington Mutual around $600,000. It seems she hadn't been making payments. So .. she just walks.

Now Laura Richardson is a member – a Democrat member – of the U.S. House of Representatives. It is said that we get the type of government we deserve ... right? What have we done to deserve Laura Richardson?

Now she's responded:

Quote:
Calif. congresswoman says home sale was improper
May 24 12:53 AM US/Eastern
By ERICA WERNER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - California Rep. Laura Richardson claimed Friday that her Sacramento home was sold into foreclosure without her knowledge and contrary to an agreement with her lender.

She said she is like any other American suffering in the mortgage crisis and wants to testify to Congress about her experience as lawmakers craft a foreclosure-prevention bill.

In a lengthy interview Friday night with The Associated Press, the Southern California Democrat struck back against several days of negative publicity over reports she defaulted on her mortgage, allowing the house to be sold at auction.

Richardson, who won her seat in a special election last August, acknowledged turmoil in her life in the months after incumbent Rep. Juanita Millender-McDonald's death in April opened up her Los Angeles- area House seat.

Richardson used her money to finance her campaign and fell behind in mortgage payments. But now, Richardson said, she has renegotiated her loan and promised to fully pay it off, along with $9,000 in delinquent property taxes.

She insisted she's not getting special terms because she's a congresswoman.

"I'm Laura Richardson. I'm an American, I'm a single woman who had four employment changes in less than four months," Richardson said. "I had to figure out just like every other American how I could restructure the obligations that I had with the income I had."

Richardson bought the 1,600-square-foot home in Sacramento's desirable Curtis Park neighborhood for $535,500 in January 2007. It was sold at auction earlier this month to a Sacramento mortgage lender who paid $388,000, according to the Sacramento County Recorder's Office.

A default notice sent to Richardson in March put her unpaid balance at $578,384.

Richardson provided the AP with an April letter, which appears to be from Washington Mutual Home Loans, telling her there was a hold on foreclosure sales on her property until June 4. She also provided an e-mail dated Thursday, which she said was from Washington Mutual, that appeared to acknowledge an agreement "to facilitate the recission of foreclosure sale" but gave no financial details.

A Washington Mutual spokeswoman, Sara Gaugl, told the AP earlier Friday that the company had "not received consent from Ms. Richardson that would allow us to discuss her loan situation." Washington Mutual did not respond to a later request for comment on Richardson's claims.

Not long after getting to Congress, Richardson voted in favor of a mortgage debt forgiveness bill which subsequently became law. She was absent earlier this month for votes on a foreclosure prevention bill, which she said was because of her father's funeral. The House is expected to bring the package back up in June once agreement is reached in the Senate.

Congressional ethics rules don't prevent lawmakers from voting on legislation that might affect them economically. Rather than shy away from voting on mortgage-related bills, Richardson said her experiences could help her craft legislation to make sure others don't experience what she did. For example, she sees a need to add steps to inform property owners before their property can be sold.

"We have to ensure that lenders and lendees have the tools with proper timing to resolve this," she said.
[/size]

These are the idiots the dumbmasses are sending to Washington. She's single, buys a 600K home, and has had 4 jobs in 4 months, and instead of doing what "normal" Americans do, I.e., sell the f'n home in a desirable neighborhood and downsize, she walks away. Oh, but it's not HER fault, it's the lender, the market, *, and everyone else BUT her dumb ass. Now she gets to have her say so on our nations bills. 03-banghead
05-24-2008 12:56 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: It's Everyone Else's Fault-Laura Richardson, D-CA
Kev...This has become America. Expect something for nothing and have as little responsibility for your actions as possible.
05-24-2008 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.