Red Riot Renewal
Bookmark and Share
NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
Red Riot Renewal
$5 Dollars for a shirt this year???

No thanks. I didn't even get a chance to get mine this year at any of the basketball games. Oh Well.........
05-22-2008 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
RE: Red Riot Renewal
Wait, they want $5 to be in the RR this year? Who decided this?
05-22-2008 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Wait, they want $5 to be in the RR this year? Who decided this?

Who knows but this group is going to go defunct since no one wants to do anything and i've stopped updating the website because there is no point.
05-22-2008 02:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
It's 5 dollars for the shirt not 5 dollars for membership.

However the website is confusing in the aspect that every year I have to become a new member and not renew my existing membership. The website then has a drop down list where it tells you to choose an option. All of the options cost money. The only way to just sign up as a member for free is to not choose an option and I don't know why they had to make it so confusing.

It's a sad indictment on our university that it appears so few of the people on campus care about supporting the school's athletics, especially after the "forward, together, forward" unity of this semester. The people on this board is an exception and most of them are alumni.
05-22-2008 04:29 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
It is sad, it is hard to get people to go to a basketball game if they do not care about this university. Can't say I blame the athletic dept. People will come to the games to just get a shirt and then leave. Doesn't do much for them. That is what they get for giving away shirts at volleyball games. The marketing dept. screwed the pooch on this and pimped us out for Chipotle's money. I'm sure glad the Red Riot got involved in other sports to boost their visibility on campus! Way to go marketing dept. for not listening to the people that were active in the group!
05-22-2008 04:48 PM
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:It is sad, it is hard to get people to go to a basketball game if they do not care about this university. Can't say I blame the athletic dept. People will come to the games to just get a shirt and then leave. Doesn't do much for them. That is what they get for giving away shirts at volleyball games. The marketing dept. screwed the pooch on this and pimped us out for Chipotle's money. I'm sure glad the Red Riot got involved in other sports to boost their visibility on campus! Way to go marketing dept. for not listening to the people that were active in the group!

ryne, u and me have lost complete control of it... whatever...

i sent an email asking if we could do a re-organization to allow it to be more student-led like it was originally planned to be and i never got a response. Seems as if they want to just take it over completely but i don't really know.

I feel as if we have failed
05-22-2008 11:30 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
Huskiefan38 Wrote:
BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:It is sad, it is hard to get people to go to a basketball game if they do not care about this university. Can't say I blame the athletic dept. People will come to the games to just get a shirt and then leave. Doesn't do much for them. That is what they get for giving away shirts at volleyball games. The marketing dept. screwed the pooch on this and pimped us out for Chipotle's money. I'm sure glad the Red Riot got involved in other sports to boost their visibility on campus! Way to go marketing dept. for not listening to the people that were active in the group!

i sent an email asking if we could do a re-organization to allow it to be more student-led like it was originally planned to be and i never got a response. Seems as if they want to just take it over completely but i don't really know.

If they aren't even e-mailing you back then they want nothing to do with us, and that is a mistake on their part.
05-23-2008 10:47 AM
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
I need your help with trying to find ideas to help our group at Calumet College, "Lake Effect" grow. Some of us administrators (me, the AD, and others) are trying to have some theme nights for our basketball games. What do you think would work (alcohol can't be involved)?

Thanks!
05-23-2008 02:45 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
EMUTRACK1574 Wrote:I need your help with trying to find ideas to help our group at Calumet College, "Lake Effect" grow. Some of us administrators (me, the AD, and others) are trying to have some theme nights for our basketball games. What do you think would work (alcohol can't be involved)?

Thanks!
Win games and let the students run it all. That is the way to do it. If the administration or marketing dept. runs it, it will die in 2 years.
05-23-2008 04:31 PM
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
We've had two winning seasons in a row, so that has helped. Our AD works with the students and is the advisor of the student booster club. We're a small college, so our athletic department has the full support of the adminstration.
05-23-2008 04:43 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
Huskiefan38 Wrote:

If they aren't even e-mailing you back then they want nothing to do with us, and that is a mistake on their part.

Screw them. It's time to reorganize and start a 100% student run group in opposition to your old group. Don't even talk to athletics about it. Just show up to the events.

Down with the man! viva la revolution!
05-23-2008 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.