Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crazy Neocons?
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Toungue Crazy Neocons?
What a dumb***. 05-stirthepot

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2008 08:22 PM by cb4029.)
05-16-2008 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline

Donators
RE: Crazy Neocons?
:pwnt:

What did he do?

03-rotfl
05-16-2008 08:23 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
cb4029 Wrote::pwnt:

What did he do?

03-rotfl

Kevin James03-lmfao...What a dumb***!!

The sad thing about this is that I run across guys like him on a daily basis that are so damn hardheaded that you cant even carry on a civil conversation with them...Meatheads03-lmfao
05-16-2008 08:40 PM
cb4029 Offline

Donators
Quote:He’s an appeaser Chris.

What did he do?

Neville Chamberlain was an appeaser.

What did he do?

It all comes back to appeasing Chris.03-melodramatic

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2008 09:03 PM by cb4029.)
05-16-2008 09:03 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Yes he's a little intense, but at least he's not the chairman of the Republican Party.

The Democrats made perhaps the craziest most unstable person in the United States their party chair.
05-16-2008 09:04 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
This loudmouth know-nothing has his own radio show? How could anyone listen to that voice?!
05-16-2008 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
My brother describes a neocon as "someone who is conservative on every issue that I'm liberal on, and liberal on every issue that I'm conservative on."

I think that works for me too.
05-16-2008 09:31 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Good thing I'm not a "Neocon", but I agree with Bush about his little jab. Sometimes words come back and bite you in the ass. .....he used Barack's OWN words. Shall I rehash them for you libs?
05-16-2008 11:58 PM
Quote this message in a reply
perunapower Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Holy crap. That was awesome.

Thank God I'm not the only one who realized the difference between Obama's sit-and-talk strategy and Neville Chamberlain's here's-half-of-Czechoslovakia scheme of appeasement. Until a President, whoever that may be, starts giving chunks of land, money, or resources to a rogue regime in exchange for peace like a spineless coward, they shouldn't be compared to the appeasers of Hitler.
05-17-2008 12:02 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
perunapower Wrote:Holy crap. That was awesome.

Thank God I'm not the only one who realized the difference between Obama's sit-and-talk strategy and Neville Chamberlain's here's-half-of-Czechoslovakia scheme of appeasement. Until a President, whoever that may be, starts giving chunks of land, money, or resources to a rogue regime in exchange for peace like a spineless coward, they shouldn't be compared to the appeasers of Hitler.

Iran wants Israel pushed into the sea. In case you didn't get the memo. Talking with dictators only legitimizes said dictator, They wanna talk, come to the mainstream.
05-17-2008 12:08 AM
perunapower Offline
Special Teams

RebelKev Wrote:Iran wants Israel pushed into the sea. In case you didn't get the memo. Talking with dictators only legitimizes said dictator, They wanna talk, come to the mainstream.

So by that logic, not talking with them does what? Talking with a leader does not mean you endorse their ideas. Talking with a leader does not mean you share their opinions.
05-17-2008 12:18 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
perunapower Wrote:So by that logic, not talking with them does what? Talking with a leader does not mean you endorse their ideas. Talking with a leader does not mean you share their opinions.

Did it help Neville Chamberlain? Or did he find himself in the fight of his country's life a few years later? .....just wonderin'.

We should be invading those Persian *****.
05-17-2008 12:21 AM
perunapower Offline
Special Teams

RebelKev Wrote:
perunapower Wrote:So by that logic, not talking with them does what? Talking with a leader does not mean you endorse their ideas. Talking with a leader does not mean you share their opinions.

Did it help Neville Chamberlain? Or did he find himself in the fight of his country's life a few years later? .....just wonderin'.

We should be invading those Persian *****.

No, it didn't help Chamberlain. It didn't help because he gave Germany the Rhineland, Sudetenland, and Austria because he didn't want to stand up to Hitler. Talking doesn't make you a doormat.

Talking isn't appeasement. They are very different. We are having a rather civil discussion, without agreement thus far, and there has been no appeasement between us.

We only have a limited amount of resources, both personnel and economic. Invading Iran to make them see how we see isn't a viable solution. Punching someone in the face does not make them agree with you; it only makes them, and possibly some around you, resent you.
05-17-2008 12:39 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
perunapower Wrote:Talking isn't appeasement. They are very different. We are having a rather civil discussion, without agreement thus far, and there has been no appeasement between us.

We only have a limited amount of resources, both personnel and economic. Invading Iran to make them see how we see isn't a viable solution. Punching someone in the face does not make them agree with you; it only makes them, and possibly some around you, resent you.

He wants to annihilate Israel. You wanna talk to someone like that? You find credence in talking to someone like that? I DON'T.
05-17-2008 12:44 AM
perunapower Offline
Special Teams

RebelKev Wrote:He wants to annihilate Israel. You wanna talk to someone like that? You find credence in talking to someone like that? I DON'T.

And you openly want to annihilate Iran. What's your point? Psychotic or not, he's a world leader, unfortunately. Ignoring him has zero effect on his leadership over Iran, it only affects Middle Eastern opinions of the US.
05-17-2008 01:02 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
DinnerJacket wants to more than just wipe Israel off the map, he and his mullah puppet masters openly state their belief in the "Hidden Imam" Islamic Theology. i.e., lets get nukes and blow up as much of the world as possible, in this chaos our messiah will come to us and save the muslims. From there they can finish off the global Islamic Caliphate.

have fun reasoning with that, and "talking" is pointless unless you have a ton of leverage over them. Right now they have a ton over the industrialized world with their Oil reserves that must be sold to Europe and asia, their ability in the abscence of the USA in the Persian Gulf to SHUT DOWN shipping lanes of a majority of the world's oil that comes out of the Gulf. And of course their Terrorist puppet groups, Hezzbollah, hamas and they support AL-Qaeda.
05-17-2008 09:36 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RebelKev Wrote:
perunapower Wrote:Talking isn't appeasement. They are very different. We are having a rather civil discussion, without agreement thus far, and there has been no appeasement between us.

He wants to annihilate Israel. You wanna talk to someone like that? You find credence in talking to someone like that? I DON'T.

Damn right I would want to sit down with him. The only stipulation would be...man to man..alone. He understands english just fine. My coversation with him would not be one of concession....just the facts of how he is getting ready to DIE.
05-17-2008 08:24 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
perunapower Wrote:And you openly want to annihilate Iran. What's your point? Psychotic or not, he's a world leader, unfortunately. Ignoring him has zero effect on his leadership over Iran, it only affects Middle Eastern opinions of the US.

Reaction vs. Action. Last time I checked, Israel isn't threatening to annihilate Iran. They just want to survive. Oh, the horror.
05-17-2008 10:25 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Prediction: Israel will anihilate Iran if they become convinced that Iran has nuc weps and a delivery capability. And that capability might be to ship the warhead in a civilian shipping container to Lebanon, where Hezbollah would pick it up and bolt it onto the end of a hand-held missile that they can launch from 22 miles away from Tel Aviv.

Second prediction: If and when Israel does anihilate Iran, they will do so with the support and backing (albeit clandestine) of the Saudi governemnt and military. I will not be surprised if they launch air strikes from Saudi bases.

As a member of the Saudi royal family (a lower ranking prince, but nonetheless a member of the royal family) told me years ago, "My brother and I will fight my cousin. My cousin and I will fight THE WORLD. And we never forget that Isaac and Ishmael were brothers." Okay, they were half-brothers. But remember that was Isaac and Ishmael, not Isaac and Cyrus (even though Cyrus is the first person for whom the term "messiah" is used in the OT--Isaiah chapter 45).

Note: Edited to correct typo. Change in ALL CAPS.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2008 09:41 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-17-2008 10:38 PM
perunapower Offline
Special Teams

RebelKev Wrote:
perunapower Wrote:And you openly want to annihilate Iran. What's your point? Psychotic or not, he's a world leader, unfortunately. Ignoring him has zero effect on his leadership over Iran, it only affects Middle Eastern opinions of the US.

Reaction vs. Action. Last time I checked, Israel isn't threatening to annihilate Iran. They just want to survive. Oh, the horror.

And your point is? We aren't discussing whether or not the US should be allied with Israel. Nor are we discussing Israel's right to sovereignty.

The US has two choices because it is both blessed and burdened with the responsibility of being a superpower: we can be the playground bully by flexing our muscles and forcing our will upon the world or we can step up and lead.

Leading isn't bossing people around and forcing people to conform to your will; it is much deeper and more complex than that. Now of the two choices, I choose the latter because it is much more apt to be successful (in most cases), in my opinion.
05-18-2008 12:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.