05-08-2008 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: What do we do now for a PG
KCat Wrote:I think, Mick was looking for an experienced PG
to go along with CW.

If Mick was looking for an experienced Point Guard he would have either jumped on a JC PG earlier or gotten Maze to committ. My guess would be that he is confident in what he has and what is coming in. Any combo of guards on this team is going to be better than last season and the season before that. Plus there are several quality post players on this roster. This team is deep and has a ton of potential. I'm not sure that there are any bums on this team. Mick has made sure he can move in a direction to have only quality players on his team and not fill spots for the sake of filling spots.

05-08-2008 01:23 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators
Quote:If Mick was looking for an experienced Point Guard he would have either jumped on a JC PG earlier or gotten Maze to committ

Am I missing something. Did Cronin pass on Maze?

05-08-2008 01:27 PM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Maze signed with Tennessee.

05-08-2008 01:36 PM
Advertisement

lt7784 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
HoopsJunky Wrote:
Quote:If Mick was looking for an experienced Point Guard he would have either jumped on a JC PG earlier or gotten Maze to committ

Am I missing something. Did Cronin pass on Maze?

Yes. According to Bcat, Mick could've gotten Maze to commit. But Maze visited and Mick decided he didn't want an experienced point guard.

05-08-2008 01:55 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
The Big "O" only played three years at UC. Maybe one more year???

05-08-2008 02:00 PM
Bcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I don't know what happened with Maze. It is pretty obvious that the reason he chose UT is b/c of how much PT opened up over the past week. If PT was as guaranteed at UC I think it would have been presented that way. Even if that is not the case and he just came to visit Cincy for fun, with no intent to sign, I think Mick would have gotten an experienced PG earlier in the recruiting season if he thought it was absolutley necessary and that the guards he has now could not make it happen next year.

05-08-2008 02:10 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Bcat Wrote:I don't know what happened with Maze. It is pretty obvious that the reason he chose UT is b/c of how much PT opened up over the past week. If PT was as guaranteed at UC I think it would have been presented that way. Even if that is not the case and he just came to visit Cincy for fun, with no intent to sign, I think Mick would have gotten an experienced PG earlier in the recruiting season if he thought it was absolutley necessary and that the guards he has now could not make it happen next year.

I like Mick, but I don't think he is a wizard. Maze picked UT because it was the best situation for him. Pearl beat Mick in this recruiting battle. It wasn't because UC didn't want Maze. Drop the rose-colored glasses for a moment.

05-08-2008 02:26 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators
Quote:Yes. According to Bcat, Mick could've gotten Maze to commit. But Maze visited and Mick decided he didn't want an experienced point guard.

I have some land I want to sell you.

05-08-2008 02:35 PM
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

Dion Dixon is better than advertised. He and Cash will be able to adequately man the PG position.

05-08-2008 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
Bearcatbdub Wrote:
Bcat Wrote:I don't know what happened with Maze. It is pretty obvious that the reason he chose UT is b/c of how much PT opened up over the past week. If PT was as guaranteed at UC I think it would have been presented that way. Even if that is not the case and he just came to visit Cincy for fun, with no intent to sign, I think Mick would have gotten an experienced PG earlier in the recruiting season if he thought it was absolutley necessary and that the guards he has now could not make it happen next year.

I like Mick, but I don't think he is a wizard. Maze picked UT because it was the best situation for him. Pearl beat Mick in this recruiting battle. It wasn't because UC didn't want Maze. Drop the rose-colored glasses for a moment.

If UT was the best situation for him, then how did Pearl beat Mick? If it came down to the better situation wouldn't it be less about the coaches in this instance, and more about playing time?

Maze picking UT was not a shock at all.

05-08-2008 03:13 PM
Bcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Bearcatbdub Wrote:

I never wrote anything about UC not wanting Maze. I think that if he was an absolutley necesary addition to UC's current roster in order to be successfu, Mick would have landed him. UT has obvious PT at the guard position. UC does not. That is all that I meant. It would have been a nice addition. I like depth at any position, especially PG. I think that there is alot of competition for the guard spots right now at UC. Not so much at UT.

05-08-2008 03:28 PM
Mr Happy
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
......or maybe something else is transpiring behind the scenes........

05-08-2008 04:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I'm amazed by people that can't come to grips with the fact that sometimes you lose recruiting battles for no other reason than you got beat out for a kid. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it happens.

05-08-2008 04:34 PM
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
oleskl Wrote:I'm amazed by people that can't come to grips with the fact that sometimes you lose recruiting battles for no other reason than you got beat out for a kid. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it happens.

And you are going to lose more than you win.

05-08-2008 04:36 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Hey Sub, how come your picture of Ben says "BearcatLair" on it?

05-08-2008 04:41 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
That is where I got the picture from. I really wanted one of him from the spring game in the old jersey he was wearing.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2008 04:49 PM by subflea.)
05-08-2008 04:48 PM
zengardener Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
I think it's safe to say the fact that UT had an obvious opening at PG gave them quite an advantage with Maze. Mick won the battle for Cash, which was a helluva lot more important and impressive than landing Maze.

Chances were that Maze was going to back-up Cash. Mick was looking for depth at PG, not a starter, which he already has in Cash. I'll take a blue chip HS PG over a juco PG anyday, especially one with baggage and academic uncertainties. All the juco PG's that turned out to be busts under Huggs (with the sole exception of Nick) are ample testament to that.

Vaughn will back up the point. His skills at that position should get better each year, as his abilities with the ball and court vision continue to improve.

05-08-2008 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.