Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU Fandom- or lack thereof
Bookmark and Share
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
ETSU Fandom- or lack thereof
While I realize a certain poster will come back and tell us how one homemade sign in the Culp Center in 1989 equals euphoria, did anyone else hear about this?

I was watching the Pens-Rangers game last night and Mike Emrick spoke of how a fan in Pittsburgh stood beside a major interstate thoroughfare there wearing a Penguin suit and holding a broom- at 6:30 a.m.!!!!!!!

Sure it's nutty. It's also great! And it's what fans in a good sports town do.

Now, my point is- when has anyone ever done something like that here? I mean even for the Vols?

You'll get people holding up signs for fringe political candidates like Ron Paul at intersections, but they won't even back their own town?

The last public display of ETSU fandom I can recall was the ETSU War Machine back in the 80s.

What's wrong with people?
05-02-2008 04:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

youngbuc Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, USC Cocks
RE: ETSU Fandom- or lack thereof
May I ask what the ETSU War Machine was back in the 80s??? haha
05-02-2008 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

Some student drove an old station wagon and he spray painted things like "GO BUCS" all over it.
05-02-2008 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc Fitty Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buc'neers
I've seen "War Wagons" all over Johnson City. They're all SUV's with little oval stickers with a "W" on 'em.03-shhhh
05-02-2008 01:03 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Ooh...I see what you did there.04-bow
05-02-2008 04:19 PM
Advertisement

Buc Fitty Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buc'neers
Thanks for your support ETSUfan1. I'll be here all week!
Seriously. I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum on these hallowed threads, but people around here by and large don't give a poot in the bathtub for ETSU sports. For every ETSU basketball fan there are a thousand who've jumped on the Bruce Pearl bandwagon. For every Buc Nut clammering for the return of Buccaneer Football there are 107,000 who would rather drive to Knoxville and see Phil Fulmer's chain gang play. Johnson City should be celebrating the fact that Steve Spurrier is a hometown boy who made it big. Instead they harbor a deep seeded hatred for the man because he dared to go to Florida after U.T. passed on him. Think about what he could add to this community if he felt welcomed here.
I love Johnson City. I love ETSU and I would love to see the community embrace the Buccaneers. The sad and simple fact is it's probably never going to happen. Not to the levels that I'd like to see.03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2008 10:49 AM by Buc Fitty.)
05-03-2008 10:46 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Again, and it's been discussed ad nauseum, you can't blame UT for winning over fans over the years, ETSU didn't do what they needed to do to get the butts in the seats and KEEP THEM THERE. It takes winning, winning consistently, and building that interest up. ETSU just never did that, outside of a three or four year stretch in basketball.
05-03-2008 01:43 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
pshh...we win in golf and tennis consistently!
05-03-2008 02:37 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I'm at the point of saying that ETSU is so disingenous they don't deserve any more coverage than they get

BUT

I'm not sure UT is much better.
05-04-2008 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.