The Next Great Fooball Movie--The Express Movie Trailer
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
The Next Great Fooball Movie--The Express Movie Trailer
The next great Football Movie

Another link

Opening nationwide in early October
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2008 02:37 PM by TexanMark.)
04-27-2008 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
RE: The Next Great Fooball Movie--The Express Movie Trailer
Great stuff mark. Thanks for posting. I cant wait to see the movie. This is a story that should have been told a long time ago.
04-27-2008 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
The trailer makes it seem like Syracuse's visit to the 1960 Cotton Bowl was its first visit to Texas and this was going to lead to trouble. But Jim Brown and the Orangemen played there three years earlier versus TCU without incident.
04-27-2008 07:34 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
DFW HOYA Wrote:The trailer makes it seem like Syracuse's visit to the 1960 Cotton Bowl was its first visit to Texas and this was going to lead to trouble. But Jim Brown and the Orangemen played there three years earlier versus TCU without incident.

Maybe as far as we know there was no incident. Maybe there was no all out brawl when Jim Brown was on the team, but it is hard to believe that Jim Brown did not experience some sort of racism during his visit during 1950's Texas.

Besides, the incident at the Cotton Bowl with the team that Earnie Davis played on was not the plot of the story. It was about the classy way that the young Earnie Davis handled himself inspite of all the obstacles that he endured.
04-27-2008 07:54 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Knowing Hollywood the Cotton Bowl game will be a huge part of the movie...as you remember the Syracuse team walked out of the pregame banquet because the Cotton Bowl due to demands the black players not be be able to sit with the others. DFW Hoya good point about the TCU Cotton Bowl game Syracuse played a few years prior with Jim Brown--I never heard about the same crap with Jiim Brown's team as happened in the Cotton Bowl for the national championship on Jan 1, 1960.
04-27-2008 09:50 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
As Lifelong Browns fan I'll tell you...nobody was gonna mess with Jim Brown. He is the greatest running back ever in my opinion. Ernie Davis was great too. This will be a must see movie.
04-27-2008 11:40 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.