Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody remember this?
Bookmark and Share
etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Anybody remember this?
Notice the quote in this article, "Over $500,000 was used to secure Underwood's performance and provide a one-time use stage for her to entertain on. That funding comes from student fees.
In the spring of 2005, students voted to increase the activity fee to $20 per student per semester. The money collected through these fees is added to the "B.U.C. Fund" or Better University Community Fund."

http://media.www.easttennessean.com/medi...2249.shtml

Anybody remember them having a vote for that?
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2008 02:38 PM by etsualumni00.)
04-18-2008 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Anybody remember this?
Nevermind, I found it.

http://media.www.easttennessean.com/medi...8915.shtml

Read the article now though and contrast the things mentioned with what has happened recently with the football vote. Here's a quote I love:

"Flynn said ETSU needs the increase to keep up with other schools like Middle Tennessee State University and Appalachian State University, both of which have $20 student activity fees."

HA HA! Ok, so now we're gonna try and keep up with App State and MTSU and have similar fees? The hipocrisy is sickening...
04-18-2008 02:47 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Remember when Paul Stanton said he could keep the football team- but he'd have to raise the student fees- and "No, I'm not going to do that?"

It boils down to being a bad sports area. You're always going to have people who don't like football who will say they don't want to pay for athletics. Around here, their voice is the loudest.

But it's okay to spend that money on concerts.

This is a better music area than it is a sports town. When people do talk about Freedom Hall, they don't speak of sporting events they saw their but rather concerts.
04-18-2008 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Yes but when people talk about Viking Hall, they speak of the sweet, sweet Arby's Classic.
04-18-2008 07:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucster Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
PittsburghBucs Wrote:When people do talk about Freedom Hall, they don't speak of sporting events they saw their but rather concerts.

Well if we are gonna talk concerts at Freedom hall then here is another one for ya pittster...

Rag Doll
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2008 07:07 PM by Bucster.)
04-18-2008 07:07 PM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

ETSUfan1 Wrote:Yes but when people talk about Viking Hall, they speak of the sweet, sweet Arby's Classic.

Thank you for PROVING this is a bad sports town.
04-18-2008 09:17 PM
Buc Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Thanks Bucster

Brings back memories. I was in Freedom Hall the night they shot that video. It took me about two years before I could listen to the song because I think they filmed about 6 hours of concert shots that night.
04-20-2008 01:11 PM
Advertisement

stategradsmoke Offline
Bench Warmer

Bucster Wrote:
PittsburghBucs Wrote:When people do talk about Freedom Hall, they don't speak of sporting events they saw their but rather concerts.

Well if we are gonna talk concerts at Freedom hall then here is another one for ya pittster...

Rag Doll

Possibly the coolest moment in Freedom Hall history.
04-20-2008 02:56 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

It is THE coolest moment in Freedom Hall history.

When I was giving life to the now-dead board, we chose "Rag Doll" as the official anthem of Johnson City- even ahead of "Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde."
04-20-2008 03:20 PM
Advertisement

stategradsmoke Offline
Bench Warmer

PittsburghBucs Wrote:It is THE coolest moment in Freedom Hall history.

When I was giving life to the now-dead board, we chose "Rag Doll" as the official anthem of Johnson City- even ahead of "Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde."

still looking for that truck stop and it is a long way to Richmond on 95 from JC
04-20-2008 09:14 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

Obviously!
04-21-2008 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.