Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Fox Sports.com/Earl Clark returning to Louisville....
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Fox Sports.com/Earl Clark returning to Louisville....
also word is Derrick Caracter is still in school.

Clark changes mind, will stay at Louisville
by Jeff Goodman

Updated: April 16, 2008, 6:53 PM EST

Louisville sophomore Earl Clark, whose intention a week ago was to declare for the NBA Draft, has decided to return to school.

According to sources close to the situation, the talented 6-foot-9 forward called Cardinals coach Rick Pitino on Tuesday night to inform him of the decision.

Clark, who averaged 11.1 points and 8.1 rebounds this season, is not expected to go through the process and attend NBA team workouts or the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp next month.

Clark was expected to be a first-round pick, but one NBA executive said that he could be a lottery pick next year if he improved his perimeter shot.

Clark came on strong late in the season, scoring in double-figures in each of the last five games. He scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in the Sweet 16 victory over Tennessee.

His return gives Louisville a squad that could make a Final Four run next season. The Cardinals' only significant loss is that of senior big man David Padgett — and they add arguably the nation's top freshman big man in Samardo Samuels.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/80428...Louisville
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2008 08:33 AM by Maize.)
04-17-2008 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
RE: Fox Sports.com/Earl Clark returning to Louisville....
It's finally official now from UofL and Pitino.

I think The Ville' will make another run at the National Championship next season.

Forward Earl Clark Will Return to Cardinals

6-9 sophomore was the Cards leading rebounder and shot blocker

April 17, 2008

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - University of Louisville forward Earl Clark has chosen not place his name in the 2008 NBA Draft and intends to return for his junior season with the Cardinals.

"Earl is looking forward to having a great junior season," said U of L Head Coach Rick Pitino. "I'm delighted he has made the prudent decision to return to school. He'll definitely be one of the premier forward in college basketball next season. He's a hard worker that has really improved each day and will continue to do so."

Clark had initially told Pitino on April 3 of his intention to enter the draft before reconsidering. He had not filed the necessary paperwork to declare for the draft and has not signed with an agent.

During the Cardinals' NCAA Elite Eight tournament run, the 6-9 Clark averaged a team-leading 14.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and blocked seven shots while hitting 62.2 percent of his shots (23-of-37). An NCAA East Region All-Tournament selection, Clark produced a double-double in 10 games this season, the latest of which was 17 points, 12 rebounds, four blocked shots and two assists against Tennessee in the East Region semifinals.

In helping the Cardinals to a 27-9 record and second-place BIG EAST Conference finish, Clark averaged a team-high 8.1 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots and added 11.1 points per game. He was selected to the all-tournament team at the Las Vegas Invitational.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-bask...08aaa.html
04-17-2008 07:22 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
RE: Fox Sports.com/Earl Clark returning to Louisville....
It Caracter could be back as well. If all that falls in place by the time the 2008-2009 BIG EAST season rolls around I could see this lineup and rotation. Can you say Top 2 with UNC in the nation:

F Terrence Williams
F Earl Clark
C Samardo Samuels
G Edgar Sosa
G Jerry Smith

BENCH
F Reggie Delk
F Derrick Caracter
C Terrence Jennings
G Andre McGee
G Preston Knowles

A big, deep and very athletic 10 man rotation. I will come down to Louisville and Pitt for the 2008-2009 BIG EAST Men Basketball Title. UConn, Syracuse, Villanova and Notre Dame will also be Top 20 Ball Clubs as well.
04-18-2008 10:24 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.