Big Ten Sucks!
Go Memphis and Davidson!04-cheers
03-28-2008 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
RE: Big Ten Sucks!
MEMPHIS LOOKED LIKE A BEAST LAST NIGHT!!
03-29-2008 07:15 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
Not sure our BE can talk to much, other than us Cardinals. I was disappointed in the showing somewhat. It was more or less the teams I saw runs in (G-town, U Conn, and Pitt) stumbled and WVU and Nova surprised alittle. But still our conference needed at least 4-5 in the sweet 16 and 2-3 in Elite 8 to call it successful IMO. That might be high expectations, but with the amount of teams we have, and especially the number of teams on the top shelf this year it was not a good showing.
03-29-2008 08:03 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
There was a very good reason why the Big 10 regular season champs (16-2) and the Big 10 Conference Tourn Champ, and a team with a 26-4 overall record was given a #3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Even the NCAA Selection Committee knew that the Big 10 was not a good hoop conference this year.
03-29-2008 09:07 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Agree 04-cheers
03-29-2008 09:37 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
KnightLight Wrote:There was a very good reason why the Big 10 regular season champs (16-2) and the Big 10 Conference Tourn Champ, and a team with a 26-4 overall record was given a #3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Even the NCAA Selection Committee knew that the Big 10 was not a good hoop conference this year.

Then how do you explain a Cusa team getting a #1 seed? That conference is not nearly as good as the Big 10.
03-29-2008 10:39 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Memphis got the one seed not CUSA!04-cheers
03-29-2008 10:44 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Wilkie01 Wrote:Memphis got the one seed not CUSA!04-cheers

Eactly, so why is it that the Big 10 champ did not get a seed higher than a #3 becaise of the Big 10 conference being supposedly, so weak, which is what the above poster is trying to imply.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2008 11:02 AM by cuseroc.)
03-29-2008 11:02 AM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis
KnightLight Wrote:There was a very good reason why the Big 10 regular season champs (16-2) and the Big 10 Conference Tourn Champ, and a team with a 26-4 overall record was given a #3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Mich. State would kick UCF's ass, but go ahead and try to downplay
our curb stomping of a good basketball coach and program.

Tool.
03-29-2008 05:10 PM
Advertisement

RockyMTNTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: MEMPHIS
What Bambu Said!!!!
03-29-2008 07:32 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
cuseroc Wrote:

Then how do you explain a Cusa team getting a #1 seed? That conference is not nearly as good as the Big 10.
I think you've been effected by gravity, cuse. It can cause so much pressure things get really dense.

I hope it wasn't concentrated on the skull. 04-jawdrop

Memphis certainly deserved a #1 seed. They deserved the #1 overall seed far more than UNC did. ONE loss is much better than 3. And Memphis' one loss is to a better team than any of the 3 that beat Carolina.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2008 07:36 PM by bitcruncher.)
03-29-2008 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
bitcruncher Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

I think you've been effected by gravity, cuse. It can cause so much pressure things get really dense.

Memphis certainly deserved a #1 seed. They deserved the #1 overall seed far more than UNC did. ONE loss is much better than 3. And Memphis' one loss is to a better team than any of the 3 that beat Carolina.

You misunderstood my point. The poster was trying to imply that the Big 10 is a weak conference, and thats why their champion could only get a #3 seed. Well , my point was that Cusa is an even weaker conference than the Big 10, but its champion, Memphis got a #1 seed. That logic doesnt make sense to me. I think that the Big 10 was pretty good this season. And MSU was certainly no slouch. They were a solid team. They obviously ran into a freight train last night when they played Memphis.
03-29-2008 08:05 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Now the Big East sucls, too04-cheers!
03-29-2008 10:33 PM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

Wilkie01 Wrote:Memphis got the one seed not CUSA!04-cheers

Bingo.
03-30-2008 08:09 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

Bambu Wrote:

Mich. State would kick UCF's ass, but go ahead and try to downplay
our curb stomping of a good basketball coach and program.03-hissyfit

LOL!!

Sorry Bambi...we were discussing how the Big 10 overall relates to the other BIG conferences (hence, title of this thread by Wilkie)...as the Big 10 Champ was ranked the lowest big conf champ by the selection committee...as the Big East, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac 10 Champs were all given higher seeds vs the Big 10 Champ Wisconsin.

No clue what a MSU vs UCF game has to do with this conversation.

Time to let the adults back in this conversation.

Thanks for stopping by.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2008 08:33 AM by KnightLight.)
03-30-2008 08:12 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
cuseroc Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

You misunderstood my point. The poster was trying to imply that the Big 10 is a weak conference, and thats why their champion could only get a #3 seed. Well , my point was that Cusa is an even weaker conference than the Big 10, but its champion, Memphis got a #1 seed. That logic doesnt make sense to me. I think that the Big 10 was pretty good this season. And MSU was certainly no slouch. They were a solid team. They obviously ran into a freight train last night when they played Memphis.
No. I didn't misunderstand you. I was just being facetious, and messing with you. 04-cheers
03-30-2008 09:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

KnightLight Wrote:LOL!!

Sorry Bambi...we were discussing how the Big 10 overall relates to the other BIG conferences (hence, title of this thread by Wilkie)...as the Big 10 Champ was ranked the lowest big conf champ by the selection committee...as the Big East, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac 10 Champs were all given higher seeds vs the Big 10 Champ Wisconsin.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry numbnuts, you and intelligent basketball discussion are
not things that go together. Your biggest accomplishment is
beating your rival and permanent cellar dweller, ECU.

I seriously doubt you'll get a smart Big East fan to pretend we had
an easy region the way you did, dumb***.

:memphis:
[Image: ncaalogo.jpg]
03-30-2008 03:35 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Bambu Wrote:
KnightLight Wrote:LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry numbnuts, you and intelligent basketball discussion are
not things that go together. Your biggest accomplishment is
beating your rival and permanent cellar dweller, ECU.

I seriously doubt you'll get a smart Big East fan to pretend we had
an easy region the way you did, dumb***.

:memphis:
[Image: ncaalogo.jpg]

Hey that kinda hurt.

BTW, the B10 just had a down year, but they will be back. They were just in the title game last year (Ohio State) and before that they made an apperance in 2005 title game (Illinois).
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2008 05:15 PM by PirateMarv.)
03-30-2008 05:14 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

PirateMarv Wrote:Hey that kinda hurt.

BTW, the B10 just had a down year, but they will be back. They were just in the title game last year (Ohio State) and before that they made an apperance in 2005 title game (Illinois).

No offense meant Pirate. But hey, at least your teams play us
tougher than UCF.
03-30-2008 05:46 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Bambu Wrote:
PirateMarv Wrote:Hey that kinda hurt.

No offense meant Pirate. But hey, at least your teams play us
tougher than UCF.

No offense taken, I was just goofing around. Congrats on your big win today. I was in Cordova watching the game with some of my family members today and they were all very happy that the Tigers won. Good luck in the Final Four.
03-30-2008 05:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.