Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Rutgers gets commitment from fifth ranked center in the country.
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
Rutgers gets commitment from fifth ranked center in the country.
4 Star Greg Echenique

Topple that with Mcdonalds all-American Mike Rosario and possibly Devin EBanks.....and look out Big East there is about to be a new power in town. 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 06:57 PM by UltimateCFBfan.)
03-24-2008 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Rutgers gets commitment from fifth ranked center in the country.
Congrats but you realize getting 3 and 4 star talent in Big East Basketball means you are still behind. The top teams are getting 4 and 5 star talent.
03-24-2008 08:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
It's still a good thing Knights. Bring up your power rating and the whole conference benefits by going up also. You may not win the conference immediately but you will surely improve.
03-24-2008 08:15 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Good job RU. Just keep in mind top powers in the BE like UCONN, UL, CUSE and GTOWN bring in 4 and 5 stars on regular basis. Although I am a little skeptical of those ratings, but I will trust our coaches. If Greg Paulus from Duke can be a McD and a 5 star, many players will qualify based on that alone.
03-24-2008 08:21 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Everyone has to start at the beginning. Those players are a good start for Rutgers.
03-24-2008 09:10 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

TexanMark Wrote:Congrats but you realize getting 3 and 4 star talent in Big East Basketball means you are still behind. The top teams are getting 4 and 5 star talent.
Still behind? Thats funny I look at syracuse's 09 recruits and I can't seem to find any....Considering we had an almost identical class in 08 and we are off to a way better start in 09 with two four stars , I fail to see how thats being behind....Same goes for Uconn as well. I believe RU is just now starting to recruit like the top BE teams and although the others have done it longer and more consistently.....you gotta start somewhere.
03-24-2008 09:12 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:Congrats but you realize getting 3 and 4 star talent in Big East Basketball means you are still behind. The top teams are getting 4 and 5 star talent.
Still behind? Thats funny I look at syracuse's 09 recruits and I can't seem to find any....Considering we had an almost identical class in 08 and we are off to a way better start in 09 with two four stars , I fail to see how thats being behind....Same goes for Uconn as well. I believe RU is just now starting to recruit like the top BE teams and although the others have done it longer and more consistently.....you gotta start somewhere.

Ughh.. until RU win some BE games, it does not matter how many stars you got. Good job on the recruits, but let's wait until they win some on the court first.
03-24-2008 09:54 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:Topple that with Mcdonalds all-American Mike Rosario and possibly Devin EBanks

OK, here you go:

6-10 Greg Monroe, #1 rated PF, National Player of the Year
6-10 Henry Sims, #8 rated C
6-8 Chris Braswell, #15 rated PF
6-2 Jason Clark, #18 rated SG

and an early verbal from 6-6 Hollis Thompson, #2 rated forward in 2009
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 09:58 PM by DFW HOYA.)
03-24-2008 09:57 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

LOL, dont worry about SU's 09 recruiting class. It more than likely will still be superior to Rutgers when its all said and done.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 10:00 PM by cuseroc.)
03-24-2008 09:58 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

SF Husky Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

Ughh.. until RU win some BE games, it does not matter how many stars you got. Good job on the recruits, but let's wait until they win some on the court first.
Well you can't win games without getting the recruits.....One step at a time....
03-24-2008 09:59 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

cuseroc Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

LOL, dont worry about SU's 09 recruiting class. It more than likely will still be superior to Rutgers when its all said and done.
Just like the 08 class was "superior" as well? 03-lmfao
03-24-2008 10:03 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

Thats right. What tourney is Rutgers playing in btw, when was the last time Rutgers beat SU? Case closed03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 10:05 PM by cuseroc.)
03-24-2008 10:04 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Congrats to Rutgers....I am not sure why so many are downplaying your class. If a kid is considered to be a 3/4 star player that usually means he can play. The rest of it depends on hard work, system and good fortune.

Look at USF's Dominique Jones. He was 'only' a 3-star recruit yet he had great first season at USF despite being a marked man most of the season on a depleted USF squad.

In contrast, look at all of SU's all americans....yet they couldn't even make the tourney.
03-24-2008 10:05 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

GTOWN is certainly putting together a monster class. UCONN does not have any scholarship for next year left. UCONN will get Kemba Walker (#3 rated PG in the country) and McD for next year. We got top 5 SG Nate Miles but he has yet to qualify. Calhoun got another commit although 3 star SG to backup in case Nate Miles does not show up. Either way, we should be loaded at PG with AJ Price and Kemba Walker.

BTW, Thabeet was not rated very high. Emeka Oakafor was not even rated top 200. So those ratings don't mean much until they show up on the court.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 10:07 PM by SF Husky.)
03-24-2008 10:06 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

cuseroc Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

Thats right. What tourney is Rutgers playing in btw, when was the last time Rutgers beat SU? Case closed03-lmfao
Shifting the topic...no one is denying RU bball sucks... but we are talking merely about recruiting....and you know RU has been recruiting along the level of syracuse lately and it seems to be killing you.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 10:21 PM by UltimateCFBfan.)
03-24-2008 10:09 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:

Well you can't win games without getting the recruits.....One step at a time....

Our 08 and 09 classes are lean due to alot of 4 and 5 star talent already there. 08 and 09 will have more role players than the previous killer classes. Look at 2010 we have one of the best kids already (I don't personally like taking kids so early though). Our team is young and 09 might be a very small class (have to see who turns pro early)...we passed on Dane Miller '09 out of Rochester. If we decide we want him we'll offer him and a great chance he'll come since Cuse is his favorite team.

Boeheim selects much like UConn, UL, and GT
03-24-2008 10:09 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
CyberBull Wrote:Congrats to Rutgers....I am not sure why so many are downplaying your class. If a kid is considered to be a 3/4 star player that usually means he can play. The rest of it depends on hard work, system and good fortune.

Look at USF's Dominique Jones. He was 'only' a 3-star recruit yet he had great first season at USF despite being a marked man most of the season on a depleted USF squad.

In contrast, look at all of SU's all americans....yet they couldn't even make the tourney.

For your information, all of SU's all americans were hurt or they were also freshmen. We will be ok. And I wa not downplaying Rutgers recruits. Its good that they are picking it up in bb as well. But I took issue with the Rutgers fan talking smack about SU bb and recruiting which is dumb coming from a Rutgers fan.
03-24-2008 10:11 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
DFW HOYA Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:Topple that with Mcdonalds all-American Mike Rosario and possibly Devin EBanks

OK, here you go:

6-10 Greg Monroe, #1 rated PF, National Player of the Year
6-10 Henry Sims, #8 rated C
6-8 Chris Braswell, #15 rated PF
6-2 Jason Clark, #18 rated SG

and an early verbal from 6-6 Hollis Thompson, #2 rated forward in 2009

I cringe everytime I see the name Greg Monroe, and that he is going to play for Georgetown. Back in the 80s, SU had a great point guard by the name of Greg Monroe who also played in the NBA for a while. Its a bizaro world.
03-24-2008 10:17 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

cuseroc Wrote:
CyberBull Wrote:Congrats to Rutgers....I am not sure why so many are downplaying your class. If a kid is considered to be a 3/4 star player that usually means he can play. The rest of it depends on hard work, system and good fortune.

For your information, all of SU's all americans were hurt or they were also freshmen. We will be ok. And I wa not downplaying Rutgers recruits. Its good that they are picking it up in bb as well. But I took issue with the Rutgers fan talking smack about SU bb and recruiting which is dumb coming from a Rutgers fan.
The only reason I took shot at SU is because one of your fans gave a backhanded compliment.
03-24-2008 10:17 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

UltimateCFBfan Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

The only reason I took shot at SU is because one of your fans gave a backhanded compliment.

:lmfao:Just payback from hearing the same thing from the Rutgers guys in Football.
03-24-2008 10:21 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.