Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should ETSU Fully Fund All Sports Before Adding Football?
Fund all sports at maximum levels, then add football back
Add football back, and bring the funding of other sports back to the levels of our peers
[Show Results]

What Philosophy Should ETSU Athletics Follow?
Bookmark and Share
etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
What Philosophy Should ETSU Athletics Follow?
With Buc2002 stating the athletic department's philosophy of funding all sports at higher levels than everyone else and then adding football when able, what do you guys think? Should ETSU fund these sports at higher levels than App State, Furman, and Chattanooga (even UT in some cases) before adding football back? Or, should they tier their sports like everyone else and fully fund the most visible sports?
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2008 09:14 AM by etsualumni00.)
03-22-2008 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
RE: What Philosophy Should ETSU Athletics Follow?
Neither.

It should be "Work with city and state officials to build new facilities."

Say Tennessee isn't funding college sports? Sure.

However, they will fund high school sports. Work with Science Hill and there's your football stadium.

A new baseball park can be built in a similar fashion, but with an eye on luring a AA team to town.

A new arena will lure in numerous events. I was looking and I found out that WesBanco Arena in Wheeling- half the size of Johnson City, similar seating capacity, and in the shadow of Pittsburgh- has two to three times the amount of events Freedom Hall does.

ETSU has to be more political. Paul Stanton sitting with Phil Bredesen at events isn't enough.

As it stands right now, the fire marshall is kicking ETSU's butt.
03-22-2008 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
What events has Paul Stanton been sitting with Bredesen at?
03-22-2008 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
The Ludacris concert.
03-23-2008 07:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
When the Governor attends University events he usually sits with the President.

When you think about it, it really isn't unusual.
03-23-2008 09:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.