Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Any news on Rutgers 12th football game?
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Any news on Rutgers 12th football game?
Is it another I-AA team? Only the MWC hasn't released its schedule and I don't think those teams need another OOC game.
03-20-2008 04:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Metropolis777 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
RE: Any news on Rutgers 12th football game?
Being a TCU fan, I'd love to drop our game against Stephen F. Austin (FCS team) on 9/6 in favor of a home game against Rutgers. We'll definitely make the return trip.
03-20-2008 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
Metropolis777 Wrote:Being a TCU fan, I'd love to drop our game against Stephen F. Austin (FCS team) on 9/6 in favor of a home game against Rutgers. We'll definitely make the return trip.

I would like to see that...that would be an interesting intersectional matchup.
03-20-2008 11:30 AM
RedTeamRah Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: RUTGERS
There is a thread on our insiders board which claims Kansas State has backed out of a game with Fresno State because they want another home game. Most of the updates have been in favor of scheduling Fresno State at home as our 12th game. Just hope the same info is reaching our AD and he can get it done.
03-20-2008 11:49 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
RedTeamRah Wrote:There is a thread on our insiders board which claims Kansas State has backed out of a game with Fresno State because they want another home game. Most of the updates have been in favor of scheduling Fresno State at home as our 12th game. Just hope the same info is reaching our AD and he can get it done.

Problem is that Fresno St. game is AT K-state. Last year they played at Fresno St. The only way Kansas St. gets another home game is if they bail on the Louisville game.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2008 06:51 AM by mattsarz.)
03-21-2008 06:49 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Don't worry. K-State will buy some chump to come in and take a whipping so they can ensure their bowl eligibility. That seems to be the route for many 'big-name' programs, such as the lesser Big XII teams.

Anyway, another team will have a hole in their schedule that they will need to fill, ESPN will offer to facilitate a good matchup for TV, and voila...
03-21-2008 07:26 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
The Scarlet Knights have one remaining game to schedule, which will be at Rutgers Stadium on Saturday, Sept 27.

"We have one game remaining on the 2008 schedule and are looking to fill the opening as soon as possible," said Rutgers Director of Athletics Robert E. Mulcahy.
03-22-2008 10:39 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Metropolis777 Wrote:Being a TCU fan, I'd love to drop our game against Stephen F. Austin (FCS team) on 9/6 in favor of a home game against Rutgers. We'll definitely make the return trip.

You would have to go to Rutgers first. They are looking for a home game not an away game on Sept. 27.
03-22-2008 10:41 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
I think Rutgers should play Georgetown.
03-22-2008 04:08 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.